Author Topic: Writing w/ Road recovery singer  (Read 5748 times)

Offline tntnoyes

• Straight Shooter
    • TN Youtube
Fuck...sorry but losin respect for them!

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
I thought he sounded good and was really wicked on VR's Slither..  :D
he don't move much but he is cute.. I would like to hear more..  ;)
what band is Jimmy Gnecco from?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
Ours

do mean your band or is he now in VR or want him to be? sorry I know i've been coming on here for years but I dont know that much about you all..  :oops:  :lol:

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Ours is the name of the band he's the singer of.

http://www.ours.net/

I only have their first cd - Distorted Lullabies but I do like it.

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
Ours is the name of the band he's the singer of.

http://www.ours.net/

I only have their first cd - Distorted Lullabies but I do like it.

well I have to say that a silly name for a band.. I can see a lot of thought went into the thinking of that name lol.. thanks for the link I will give them a listen..  ;)

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
Got to love Amazon  :smitten: it lets you sample albums.. that's how I 1st got into VR Contraband..
just played all the albums of "Ours".. I have to say just coz someone sings with VR don't mean they are going to be the next singer..  :roll:

but anyways here is what I think after hearing his sounds in my ears..
His voice is very mellow its a cross between U2 = HIM = STP = AOA.. he has IMO a higher range than Scott but his songs are very mellow more than Scott's but very much kinda of the same lyric ways.. have a story to tell kind of thing if you know what i mean?  :?

the thing is dose he really want it? VR is a balls to the wall fast pasted kind of band.. he seems to mellow for the band but if I had heard Scott's music (STP) 1st I wound have said the same kind of thing about Scott.

I guess if Jimmy/James wants to say something and brake out of his comfort zone VR wound help him do this as it did with Scott but I hope no-one hurts the guys like he did..  :(
place them cards on the table.

anyways had a drink cant you tell  :lol:

I really liked "Distorted Lullables" -album
I'm a monster
Misery head
Here is the light

"Precious" -album
Realize
In a minute
Femme Fatale

"Mercy" -album
Moth
Murder
Lost

"The heart" (solo album)
I really like this album better than the "Ours"   :twisted:

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Personally I'm happy to know they're still trying out singers at all. It would be a shame if they just gave up on VR.

I'll give this guy a listen later on (when I get done listening to Contraband).

Offline McMAN71

• Pea Gun Newbie
Ok, I like his voice, and the Youtube clip was better than the Gibson show with Weiland (well AIC did open, and they were in total kick-ass form) I saw right before he was booted. But that being said...no. It should have been Myles.  The only thing I can think of is that AB's record company nixed it, but that makes no sense since VR is unsigned.  Maybe they didn't offer the right deal to sign the band and then pulled Myles off of the table.  It's one thing to allow him to do a solo record or play on Slash's, but to join what would easily be the biggest rock band on Earth at this moment with him.....yep has to be the lawyers that scrwed it up. Same with Corey Taylor actually, but Myles would have been awesome.

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
Jimmy Gnecco - looks like a good replacement.

Offline stone_roses

• Gunslinger
with all of the bands solo projects bands ect and no label when would a album be made let alone be put out? But yes this singer isnt bad, isnt great but isnt bad

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
with all of the bands solo projects bands ect and no label when would a album be made let alone be put out? But yes this singer isnt bad, isnt great but isnt bad
It will probably be a similar timeline to what happened the first time around. Either during or just after settling on a singer they get everything else they've been doing to a point where it can be put on hold. Then they start writing songs and when they've got some solid material together they start looking for a record label, then agree a contract, go in and record.

Offline Sweet Dreams

• Gunslinger
Thanks to Slash France

Jimmy Gnecco Addresses Velvet Revolver Rumors http://fb.me/GDbw8Z0X

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
He's all right.  There's potential.

Offline JustAnotherTattoo

• Gunslinger
  • ... and I'm movin' on ...
    • MyWorld@MySpace
I think it's difficult to say from seeing videos with different sings performing the old songs. But all who are invited to jam with the guys need a chance to show what they can bring on the table.