Author Topic: Meet and Greet Question (regarding General Admission shows)  (Read 5817 times)

Offline Casper

• Gunslinger
Has anyone here done a Meet and Greet for shows that were General Admission seating (i.e. Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ)? I am curious if you got let into the concert halls earlier where you could get to the rail (or the front) before the rest of the fans were let in. When I was at the Trenton show, the Meet and Greet ended and than VR came on like 10 minutes later. Since this was "seated" there was no issue with seeing the show. You pay for the seat and you can't lose your seat.

However, with the Borgata and some other shows, it's General Admission so I'm just wondering for those who did the Meet and Greet for GA shows, did you get screwed with your quote-unquote seats (aka spot where you stood and watched the show)?

Offline Limberly

• Staff
One of the M&Gs I went to was GA.  Those of us at the M&G were allowed into the venue before the doors opened, and allowed to choose whereever we wanted to go.     

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I think it depends on what time the band gets there. At Scranton and Tampa we did not get out of the M&G until half way through AIC, so you had to work your way in. Are you thinking of doing the M&G at Nokia? I was thinking about it, but no one could answer my questions whe I called the box office. :?

Offline shaggyvideo

• Target Practice
That's funny,
cause when I got back from putting my stuff in my car in Scranton- the lights turned off for AIC!  Such an awesome show!

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
That night was a blur for me Shaggy :D. I just remember when I headed out to the car the pit was pretty full.

Offline Casper

• Gunslinger
I think it depends on what time the band gets there. At Scranton and Tampa we did not get out of the M&G until half way through AIC, so you had to work your way in. Are you thinking of doing the M&G at Nokia? I was thinking about it, but no one could answer my questions whe I called the box office. :?
Yea, I was thinking of that for the Nokia show next week. I feel like we'll be in the back. And also any of the STP shows I go to IF they do a Meet and Greet.

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!
i was a bit pissed coz some people got to get to the front at m&g and some pople didnt...i didnt and i have a bag full of signed stuff etc and theres me rite in the middle of the mosh pit protecting my stuff  :lol:

never mind

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I sent an email asking some questions and FINALLY got some answers.  Here ya go Casper. I'm still undecided on this one. :?

‘Meet & Greet’ for Road Recovery 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert at Nokia Theater on April 17

This is information for $150 ‘meet & greet’ pass holders for the above benefit event. Road Recovery suggests pass holders arrive to the Nokia Theater Times Square 1515 Broadway (@ 44th Street) no later than 5:45 PM and pick up your GA ticket +’Meet & Greet’ pass at the WILL CALL WINDOW. The one-hour ‘meet & greet’ starts inside the Nokia Theater at 6:00 PM. Road Recovery has asked all participating performers to participate in the ‘meet & greet’ and feel they will honor this commitment. Cameras and photography (but no video cameras) will be allowed into the Nokia Theater. If pass holders wish to bring any large items for autographs (i.e. guitars), bringing such items into the Nokia Theater is decided at the sole discretion of the Nokia Theater staff, not Road Recovery. Participating performers and their handlers will decide on their own whether to provide autographs and take photos with pass holders, but that is customary for such events. Road Recovery will provide complimentary finger food and non-alcoholic drinks, and a special commemorative gift to pass holders during the ‘meet & greet’.  Road Recovery will also conduct a silent auction of sports & music memorabilia items that can be previewed via www.roadrecovery.org <http://www.roadrecovery.org/> starting April 11th. At the conclusion of the ‘meet & greet’ at 7:00 PM, doors will open to all general admission ticket holders to the theater so continue into theater section of the Nokia for music performances which will commence at 8:00 PM.  Any additional questions should be addressed to Road Recovery – contact information at www.roadrecovery.org <http://www.roadrecovery.org/> . Thank you and we all look forward to a very special event to celebrate the non-profit organization Road Recovery!

VIP-PROMENADE pass holders for Road Recovery 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert at Nokia Theater on April 17

This is information for $500.00 ‘VIP-PROMENADE’ pass holders for the above benefit event. Road Recovery suggests VIP-PROMENADE pass holders arrive to the Nokia Theater Times Square 1515 Broadway (@ 44th Street) no later than 5:45 PM and pick up your ’VIP-PROMENADE’ pass at the WILL CALL WINDOW and/or from Road Recovery personnel with clipboards at the entrance of the Nokia Theater. Your VIP-PROMENADE pass allows you entry to a one-hour ‘meet & greet’ that starts inside the Nokia Theater at 6:00 PM. Road Recovery has asked all participating performers to participate in the ‘meet & greet’ and feel they will honor this commitment. Cameras and
photography (but no video cameras) will be allowed into the Nokia Theater. If pass holders wish to bring any large items for autographs (i.e. guitars), bringing such items into the Nokia Theater is decided at the sole discretion of the Nokia Theater staff, not Road Recovery. Participating performers and their handlers will decide on their own whether to provide autographs and take photos with pass holders, but that is customary for such events. Road Recovery will provide complimentary finger food and non-alcoholic drinks, and a special commemorative gift to VIP-PROMENADE pass holders during the ‘meet & greet’.  Road Recovery will also conduct a silent auction of sports & music memorabilia items that can be previewed via www.roadrecovery.org <http://www.roadrecovery.org/>  starting April 11th. At the conclusion of the ‘meet & greet’ at 7:00 PM, doors will open to all general admission ticket holders to the theater so continue into theater section of the Nokia and you have reserved table seating (up to 4 people per table) in a specially cordoned-off section labeled VIP-PROMENADE which is located in the prime viewing area at the center section of the theater, elevated, and behind a railing separating you for a general admission standing crowd. Complimentary finger food & non-alcoholic table service will be provided for all VIP-PROMENADE pass holders. Music performances which will commence at 8:00 PM.  Any additional questions should be addressed to Road Recovery - contact information at www.roadrecovery.org <http://www.roadrecovery.org/> . Thank you for your very generous purchase of a VIP-PROMENADE pass and we all look forward to a very special event to celebrate the non-profit organization Road Recovery!