Author Topic: OPEN FOR CAMP FREDDY IN LOS ANGELES ~ CONTEST  (Read 4106 times)

Offline IN UTERO

• Staff
  • What's Next!
http://theroxyonsunset.com/?page_id=906

Camp Freddy, along with Indie 103.1. and The Roxy are searching for FIVE opening bands.

Every Thursday in May, Camp Freddy will be performing at the Roxy with very special guests and YOUR BAND could be the ones to kick off the MAYhem .

So here’s the deal:

Send all submissions to RoxyContest@mac.com

You MUST include: three songs, 2 you tube videos, a myspace page or a website, a mini-bio and a photo. A radius clause will be in place so the bands performing can not have any thing booked for 30 days within a 30 mile radius. Bands must be available to play any of the five Thursdays in May .

Submission cut off is March 27t h, 2008…and winners will be notified April 1st , 2008.

Show us your best stuff! Good luck!

P.S .

Tickets for these shows will go on sale at Ticketmaster.com on April 1st...stay tuned for more details...

From Camp Freddy Myspace Bulletin

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 12:54:08 PM by IN UTERO »

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus
I don't wanna come off as arrogant, but Camp Freddy doesn't want us anywhere near them. You can go ahead and think I'm a dick if ya want, but if you ever see us live you'll understand.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
Are Camp Freddy still doing this? Since Matt and Scott are both in the band and their apparently pissed with each other I can see this being changed.

Insert Quote
I don't wanna come off as arrogant, but Camp Freddy doesn't want us anywhere near them. You can go ahead and think I'm a dick if ya want, but if you ever see us live you'll understand.

I know this is pretty off topic but I just listened to your guys music through the link in you're sig and I'm impressed. Good work man, you guys play real rock n' roll.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
Are Camp Freddy still doing this? Since Matt and Scott are both in the band and their apparently pissed with each other I can see this being changed.

Insert Quote

I know this is pretty off topic but I just listened to your guys music through the link in you're sig and I'm impressed. Good work man, you guys play real rock n' roll.
Thanks man, that's what we do, glad ya dig it.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
camp freddy dont want u anywhere near.....ok mate....they would fucking ruin you onstage-are u for real????
if you would show them up it would be you on stage???

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!

Scott and Matt are members but not THE only members...
When people have previous engagements or can't make a show there is always someone to fill their shoes.
Stephen Perkins filled in this month for Matt at the Knitting Factory show because he was obviously out of the country.

According to Billy Morrison's recent blog:
I am gonna leave you all with this thought. Even though we are not advertising who our guests are for the month of May, I can tell you that it is looking like these gigs are going to be VERY special. I am getting excited just watching it all come together - we are definately pulling out all the stops and our friends are really helping us bring rock and roll back to the Strip
So you never know who your gonna get!

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
well said peebs.....morrison has got to be the most level headed kindest rockstar ever....he also knows and would tell you hiself that nobody is irriplaceable

Offline MightyJoeBrett

• Gunslinger
  • www.stonetemplepilots.com
The date STP play better get fucking leaked.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
camp freddy dont want u anywhere near.....ok mate....they would fucking ruin you onstage-are u for real????

:roll:

This could be interesting. Anyone know if Martin tossed anything into this?

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus

I am onstage junior, more often than Camp Freddy...did ya bother to look at the site and listen to the tunes or did you just assume? What kind of action do the Camp Freddy CDs have? Oh that's right, they don't have any, they're a cover band. :roll:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Come now Doc, let's not do this, it ain't worth the trouble.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
look up camp freddy's resume......it does the talking..and they do alot of gigs for charity and they have an album done but theyr in no hurry to release it.....but if instead of telling us why dont you tell them this saturday....on this number betwwen 6-8 18779001031

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
    • Mojo Gurus
look up camp freddy's resume......it does the talking..and they do alot of gigs for charity and they have an album done but theyr in no hurry to release it.....but if instead of telling us why dont you tell them this saturday....on this number betwwen 6-8 18779001031

Are you kidding me? I am fully aware of their resume, I know what they've done and who they are, and we've played more gigs in the past two years...but as a band, Camp Freddy couldn't follow us. Maybe excepting LA cause they're based there. Dude, I'm not putting them down, they're alot of fun, and I shoulda just kept my mouth shut, but believe me, when we tour come see us, you'll see...I'll put ya on the guestlist so you don't think I'm just tryin to get your money.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Vietnow138

• Straight Shooter
holy crap just 20 dollars a show?? im definately gonna have to make plans to go to one of these