Author Topic: 2007-12-12 - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA, USA  (Read 47593 times)

Offline ejs

• Straight Shooter
Got my Irvine tickets today. Ready for some Diablo some Chains and some Revolver :D

Offline roach_coach

• Straight Shooter
Right now the tickets are in their envelope, sitting above my computer!  I can't wait to go.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
circus diablo and velvet revolver man thats a fuckin rock combo.......take my word that diablo will up the ante playin before those guys.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
I hope the fires near Irvine don't effect this show.

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
Whoever is going- hope you have a blast!!  :beer:

I'm soooo jealous! :drooling:

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
YES!!! I finally got my pit tickets after trying for a whole month!!!!!! :D If anyone is looking for any, they seem to be available through ticketmaster right at this moment!!!!!
Good luck!!!

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
YES!!! I finally got my pit tickets after trying for a whole month!!!!!! :D If anyone is looking for any, they seem to be available through ticketmaster right at this moment!!!!!
Good luck!!!

ahh good job dude, patience pays off eh?

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
Yeah! I was all shocked when they came up!!!..haha
It seems that only 2 were available this morning cuz that was all i was able to get.
I might have an extra PIT ticket so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get back to you as soon a i find out if im not going to need it or not.

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
if im not going to need it or not.

**If im going to need them or not!**

Offline w.axl.rose

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.war-bootlegs.tk
Good luck!!!

fuck im pissed. payed a shit load for my pit ticket. i hate when ticketmaster does this with pit tickets. why not sell them on the presale? or to the fan club members...

is Irvine still on fire? i wonder if the show is still gonna go on

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
gnrfloyd999, glad you got your pit ticket! I tought they would be showing up closer to the show. Have a great time.!

Offline ejs

• Straight Shooter
I live about 10 minutes from the venue and about 25 minutes from the fire. It seems the fire is burning in an eastern direction at the moment. The Venue is to the west of the fire across the 5 and 405 Freeway. These things change quickly though!
Let's hope it all just lies down soon.

Offline velvetseeker

• Pea Gun Newbie
 :shock: Yes I'm concerned about the effect that the fire with have on this concert. I know that the fire will be more south of Irvine however the smoke will still be bad. I live in the irvine area mysef I go out my door and good luck trying to breath.http://

The show must go on!!!  By the way if anyone needs any tickets I have four in Loge 5 row 8 I'm pratically giving them away to the nicest person.

Lets all wish that this show does not get postponed . I really wanted to wish Scott a Happy D'day

Hang in there my fellow california neighbors.

Contact me @ Velvetseeker@vevetrevolver.com

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
Im sure the show will go on!! I heard on the news that the winds should die off by Tuesday evening, i believe. Hopefully, calm winds will give the fire unit the upperhand against those hellish flames!!! The only thing that would postpone the show would be the smoke, like VELVETSEEKER mentioned.

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger
Here's a great price on two pit tickets.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Velvet-Revolver-with-Alice-in-Chains-Tickets-10-26-0_W0QQitemZ170161771826QQihZ007QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow!! :shock: That was a deal! I wonder why he was selling them that cheap?

I'm thinkin he thinks ga means pit no matter what and whoever bought those got themselves a pair of lawn tickets.

Offline Rocker Mama

• Straight Shooter
  • Slash Rocks!
    • Yamaha Mama
Anybody know the state of the fires around Irvine & Santa Ana?  Hubby, our girls & I are coming down from SF on Thursday for this show........

Offline gnrfloyd999

• Target Practice
A lot of flames are dying off since the winds have calmed down! At this moment it seems that the fire department are worried about the hot spots.
I just heard on the news that they don't plan on having full containment until October 31st. So im hoping this wont effect the show in any way.

Offline Rocker Mama

• Straight Shooter
  • Slash Rocks!
    • Yamaha Mama
A lot of flames are dying off since the winds have calmed down! At this moment it seems that the fire department are worried about the hot spots.
I just heard on the news that they don't plan on having full containment until October 31st. So im hoping this wont effect the show in any way.

Thanks for the info gnrfloyd999!  That's good news!
So can you all who are down there keep updating us on what's happening?  I would be appreciated!

Kris

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
Looking to buy 2 PIT or lower Orchestra tickets.  If you have 2 (possibly even 1 extra) please PM me.

In case anyone needs really cheap tickets, someone on craiglist has Loge 7 for $20 each!  Prices will probably drop too... 

Ticketmaster also has their buy 1 get 1 free deal.  The password is 'lastfight', but these will be Terrace seats (last section of seats).

Offline velvetseeker

• Pea Gun Newbie
  :? I called the venue this morning and they said that they do not expect a cancellation due to the smoke/Fires
The women said that at this time the show goes on unless someone else decides to cancel. I sure wish I could know for deffinate so that my plans are set in stone.

As it looks now I may have to give four loge 5 tickets away. What a loss.. Since ticketmaster did not even come close to selling out for this show. I called Kroq to see if they had any news they replied it was up to the venue. I also told them that they should do a better job annoucing the show for this friday, because of all the empty seats. This is sad. Did the guys get to much exposure here this year or what???? I myself can never get enough. Maybe they should change the show date so that more tickets get sold and no one gets sick from the smoke . What do you think !!!
I'm going with friends we are sitting in orchestra.  So let me know what you think and if you know of anyone that would like to go for free.

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
  :? I called the venue this morning and they said that they do not expect a cancellation due to the smoke/Fires
The women said that at this time the show goes on unless someone else decides to cancel. I sure wish I could know for deffinate so that my plans are set in stone.

As it looks now I may have to give four loge 5 tickets away. What a loss.. Since ticketmaster did not even come close to selling out for this show. I called Kroq to see if they had any news they replied it was up to the venue. I also told them that they should do a better job annoucing the show for this friday, because of all the empty seats. This is sad. Did the guys get to much exposure here this year or what???? I myself can never get enough. Maybe they should change the show date so that more tickets get sold and no one gets sick from the smoke . What do you think !!!
I'm going with friends we are sitting in orchestra.  So let me know what you think and if you know of anyone that would like to go for free.

The fires has nothing to due with the poor ticket sales.  Sure, KROQ and management in general could have done a better job promoting the show, but fact of the matter is, VR should not have scheduled an amphitheatre gig at this time.  Actually, KROQ did plenty of promoting their after-party with VR at the Rainbow!  VR should have stuck to large clubs/small theatres to create excitement.  It's better to sell out than to have at least half of the place empty as it is now. 

If management has any brain cells (which is highly debatable), they will use the fires as spin and move to a different (smaller) venue or cancel to save the band some face.  Don't get me wrong, I love VR as most everyone else on this board.  But in the grand scheme of things, VR does not have the "mass appeal" to constantly sell out places with 15,000+ seats.

Offline weiland4me

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Scott is HOT..
me too!!  I have 4 tixs in the lawn. My poor ass I had to buy tixs for my brother & sister's birthday. I couldn't really afford pit tixs this time.. I just wanted to be there for the show no matter what!! I'm not used to being this far away :(  It should still be fun!!