Author Topic: anyone herd this or know where to?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline stone_roses

• Gunslinger
I read that GNR covered Bic  Runga's Sway, and bein a fan of the song, would love to hear GN'R version of it that they did recently on tour.. Anyone have a copy or know where i can hear it?

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I read that GNR covered Bic  Runga's Sway, and bein a fan of the song, would love to hear GN'R version of it that they did recently on tour.. Anyone have a copy or know where i can hear it?

They only performed it once (along with Rod Stewart's Sailing and The Beatles' Back In The USSR) at Wembley Arena on 29th july.  As far as I know, recordings of that gig have yet to surface... but let me know when they do because those 3 songs were amazing.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

They only performed it once (along with Rod Stewart's Sailing and The Beatles' Back In The USSR) at Wembley Arena on 29th july.  As far as I know, recordings of that gig have yet to surface... but let me know when they do because those 3 songs were amazing.

no, they played it at the acoustic show in london too  :P

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow

I wasn't counting that one... I'd like to forget it happened. :lol:

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

I wasn't counting that one... I'd like to forget it happened. :lol:

I DONT! i couldnt if i tried  :lol:

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
very bad quality but here is a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymPbB9HoDY

starts about 2 minutes into it

Offline rock_chick4surrr

• Gunslinger
Wow! GNR covering a New Zealand song, sorry it just really really suprises me. Love Sway. Bic Runga is a really good song writer, one of our best.

Offline Philth

• Sniper Assassin
  • Iron Ego
    • PhilthTube

I've got an image of Cherry.  Just like that woman in Little Britain who goes on about being Molly Sugden's bridesmaid, when she's in her 70s, Cherry's going to be going on about being at the GnR acoustic show...  :P :lol:

Offline Dutchizzy

• Sniper Assassin
    • red
Who on earth is Bic Runga?  :?  The song Sway played by GN'R is a Rolling Stones song on the album Sticky Fingers.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

I've got an image of Cherry.  Just like that woman in Little Britain who goes on about being Molly Sugden's bridesmaid, when she's in her 70s, Cherry's going to be going on about being at the GnR acoustic show...  :P :lol:

seriously, i will be! and damn right too!!

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!
Who on earth is Bic Runga?  :?  The song Sway played by GN'R is a Rolling Stones song on the album Sticky Fingers.

Bic Runga is a VERY talented singer/songwriter from New Zealand. She is half Chinese/half Maori.  She has a really beautiful, soft voice. Download "Get Some Sleep" and "Something Good" if you're looking for something soft and uplifting. Personally I couldn't really see GnR covering Bic Runga so I'm fairly sure it must be the Stones version

Offline rock_chick4surrr

• Gunslinger

Bic Runga is a VERY talented singer/songwriter from New Zealand. She is half Chinese/half Maori.  She has a really beautiful, soft voice. Download "Get Some Sleep" and "Something Good" if you're looking for something soft and uplifting. Personally I couldn't really see GnR covering Bic Runga so I'm fairly sure it must be the Stones version

Yeah me neither. I think if i heard Axl singing Sway it would give me night mares.  :?

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!

Yeah me neither. I think if i heard Axl singing Sway it would give me night mares.  :?

*shudders*  :D definately not cool

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin

*shudders*  :D definately not cool

have you seen/heard axl peform it live?

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!
Nope, and I really wouldn't want to either...

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
Nope, and I really wouldn't want to either...

:roll: what a surprise, you havent heard it yet you think you can judge it!

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!
No... and I haven't run in front of a bus either, but I can judge for myself that it's not an intelligent thing to do.  :?

I've also never heard Axl Rose covering "Ain't nothin but a G Thang" by Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre, and I'm fairly sure that would be horrible aswell.
and I've ALSO never heard Axl Rose covering Sway by Bic Runga, and I'm fairly sure THAT would be horrible aswell.

out of interest, have you actually LISTENED to Sway?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 03:33:03 AM by The Showstopper »

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
No... and I haven't run in front of a bus either, but I can judge for myself that it's not an intelligent thing to do.  :?

I've also never heard Axl Rose covering "Ain't nothin but a G Thang" by Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre, and I'm fairly sure that would be horrible aswell.
and I've ALSO never heard Axl Rose covering Sway by Bic Runga, and I'm fairly sure THAT would be horrible aswell.

out of interest, have you actually LISTENED to Sway?

yes thank you i have! quite a bit. much prefered axl's version  :wink:

Offline Just_Me

You two are talking about two diffrent songs.

Cherry is talking about the Stones version, which Axl covered.
The Showstopper is talking about the Bic Runga song of the same name, which Axl has never performed.

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
You two are talking about two diffrent songs.

Cherry is talking about the Stones version, which Axl covered.
The Showstopper is talking about the Bic Runga song of the same name, which Axl has never performed.

:rofl: brilliant

Offline VR_Rock

• Sniper Assassin
Out of the 3 songs the covered Sailing came of the best.

I have a really good quality audio of the whole show which I personally recorded.

However, I'm feeling like a bastard and won't upload it.

Toodles!

Offline Cbomb

• Sniper Assassin
Out of the 3 songs the covered Sailing came of the best.

I have a really good quality audio of the whole show which I personally recorded.

However, I'm feeling like a bastard and won't upload it.

Toodles!

there's good quality audios of that show already, so you're really not showing off that much.

Offline VR_Rock

• Sniper Assassin
There is? Gay!

Nah, I was going to upload, but my pc is being shite right now.