Author Topic: NO MORE!  (Read 44065 times)

Offline Mark.w

• Gunslinger
  • Rock N' Roll
    • http://www.Velvet Revolver.com
Could'nt agree more with this well done Vr team!! :D

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
as there isnt a whatever thread couldnt there be a thread where we could generally chat like what we did in the whatever thread just with rules about what we can talk about because some people dont have msn and the forum is the only place to generally chat to people across the forum

sorry if i went on abit

thanks mods for your hard work its greatly appreciated  :beer: :beer: :beer: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Offline Just_Me

Would it be possible to set up a chat room some how or other?
I know some forums have them, but I don't really know how they work because I've never used them.

But that would seem to be a possible solution.  People can go in there and chat without taking up forum space or bandwidth.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
We had one, and no one was using it. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it, but I think it went away with the old board's demise.

Offline SlashnBurn

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • Kara rocks! -love u hon
We had one, and no one was using it. I'm not entirely sure what happened to it, but I think it went away with the old board's demise.

what do u mean by 'the old bords demise'? sorry, i just dont understand...:lol:

Offline Snake Child

• Sniper Assassin
  • 'Caus Ur Worthless!
The bourd b4 it was "Re-vamped"  :? :lol:

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
The bourd b4 it was "Re-vamped"  :? :lol:
Exactly.

We've only had this new version of the board since July or so. The chatroom went with the old board.

Offline slash777

• Pea Gun Newbie
as there isnt a whatever thread couldnt there be a thread where we could generally chat like what we did in the whatever thread just with rules about what we can talk about because some people dont have msn and the forum is the only place to generally chat to people across the forum

sorry if i went on abit

thanks mods for your hard work its greatly appreciated  :beer: :beer: :beer: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

that sounds like a good idea that users wouldnt make too much trouble.

Offline Armondikov

• Straight Shooter
If people were abusing the forum by posting too many "I had a bad day" threads, why not section off a forum for ranting and raving? it works on other forums quite well. People can rant about how pissed off they are, though obviously not in the emo "my boyfriend dumped me please validate my existance" kind of way.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Personally, I didn't want to read people bitching about how badly their life was going when in reality their complaints were superficial at best. A large portion of this forum agreed, and we disallowed threads of that type. It had been turning into an attention seeking contest at the point which we decided to step in and it was sickening. If someone wants to post those types of threads or posts, there is a wide assortment of forum choices in that realm on the internet in which they can do so. Not here.

Offline lul

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • i have fangs
newbies should have a que line

Offline Spikeout

• Target Practice
  • Sultan of Swing
    • http://www.defleppard.com
You wanna stay well clear of the Def Leppard forum, over there I think just about everyone is in a mid life crisis or 'feeling sad' every other day.

Offline L.A.M.F

• Gunslinger
I agree with not having them, some people are just so desperate. If you have to come to a VR forum to rant about how "bad" your life is then imo your pretty sad, and alot of people were probably getting annoyed by them that is why they are gone now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:39:49 AM by L.A.M.F »

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
im glad that you guys will keep this place very civil

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
    • My Myspace cause I am better than you.

Ever heard of PM?

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
do you have a problem with me of something?
it seems that whenever i say something, you seem to always be there to jump on me or something
all i do is say one word wrong, so now everything now that i say your gonna be there to jump on me saying - you did this wrong etc...

enough said.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:06:03 AM by Sammy_dirty_little_thing »

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
it seems that whenever i say something, you seem to always be there to jump on me or something
all i do is say one word wrong, so now everything now that i say your gonna be there to jump on me saying - you did this wrong etc...

enough said.

No, you just make a lot of faults. Hard to miss.

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
well i'm sorry if i make mistakes
but we're all human - arent mistakes allowed?
and anyway we would you care if i made mistakes
loads of other people on here do, but i dont see you quoting them about there mistakes

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
well i'm sorry if i make mistakes
but we're all human - arent mistakes allowed?
and anyway we would you care if i made mistakes
loads of other people on here do, but i dont see you quoting them about there mistakes

What have I "jumped on you" for?
Apart from this? This is only because your moaning that you want another one of those stupid whatever threads that just turn into one word replies and fill the forum with junk. If people dont have MSN and you cant talk there, why not use PM, or Email? It is not deliberatly trying to pick faults, its just a sensible reply to your problem!

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
i posted that comment ages ago though

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
Yes, and I just noticed it when looking through the thread.

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
omg, please stop it girls.

Everyone can do mistakes. And Sammy, if you want a chat thread, why don't you just make one. (with rules!)

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
i was only suggesting the idea to those who dont have msn
that was my point

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin

enough said.

No, you just make a lot of faults. Hard to miss.

^^ gosh, how nice - not !
everyone makes grammatical errors and sometimes things get taken in the wrong context on the net