Author Topic: New Avatar and Signature Policy ~ Please read immediately  (Read 54655 times)

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
Help!! :( :( My avatar keeps disappearing, the file size isnt too big and its 70 x 70 pixels tops, can anybody help and tell me why it keeps disappearing. Thanks

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
Think i might have sorted it...... didnt save it to my hard drive a) because i didnt read all the previous post and b) im a dumb ass!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
pay close attention or you might be in danger of finding your signature pulled without warning.

Why, oh why isn't this thread a sticky?

I even got this warning now:

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
You had the other thread link in your sig spot and that one is a sticky.

Nice sig btw.  You're how old and doing that?   :roll:

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
You had the other thread link in your sig spot and that one is a sticky.

I don't see a sticky about signatures - and I had exactly this thread in my signature.

Nice sig btw.  You're how old and doing that?   :roll:

It's not my fault that you don't seem to have any sense of humor, mom (btw. - the sig is a note to myself because I seem to be too stupid to get it right, just in case you think it's aimed at anybody else than me) - and apart from that, a forum that calls itself official and has ties to the management/band where the members (or certain members) get ridiculed by the admins and that censors more than China actually hurts the band. Libertad?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=16649.0

There's the link that was in your sig and it's in the Mosh Pit area - stickied.

Where does it say official? 

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
This thread is in the MOSH PIT? That ... doesn't make any sense and explains why I have never seen it before and looked for it today in this section here (and found the same post after looking for it for quite a while, but not the same thread).

And I remember many many posts saying that this forum is official because there is no other forum with bandmembers posting, etc. (I know, that's not true anymore, there's an official forum on the official site now) and because of the above mentioned ties (that's still true).

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I know for a fact you've been directed to the forum guidelines before and if you had read it as you were asked to you would have found it in that stickied area - http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=25490.0

If you don't like our rules, there's the door...feel free to exit.  Or quite simply put save the drama for your llama because it's not welcome here.

Offline gansinrosa

• Gunslinger
Ok, at least you admitted now that you just didn't like my sig and that this was the real problem (yes, I know now, that the picture was slightly too big, but looks like this wasn't the only problem that you had with my sig - you don't like llamas). Libertad, lol. Yes, I see the door, thanks.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
*sigh*  You got the warning, the same as everyone else does, when their signature is oversized.  You were not selected just because I felt like it.  I do not have a llama phobia.  BTW there is no scientific word for that so it must be a really rare occurance.  Discussion over as it should have never been began.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour

Offline nightrain88

• Pea Gun Newbie
what are the dimensions for an avatar and sig picture?

thanx

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
Still limited to maximum dimensions of 70 x 70 pixels - if you try to load larger avatars it will be rejected by the forum. The limit on file size for avatars is set to 100 000 bytes (~97.6 Kb). 

Signatures
Must be kept within 500 x 100 pixels and the file size is to be 500 000 bytes (~488.3 Kb) or less.
Your signature can consist of:
  • One (1) JPG, GIF or PNG image
  • Type/text
  • A combination of the above, but the combined size must be kept within the set limits (one line of type with the standard font size adds about 14px to the height)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
it think my avatar was too big, is that why its not showing? I have reduced it to 70x45 now