Author Topic: 2005-01-01 - After Party - Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA  (Read 16364 times)

Offline Lana

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
Quote from: IN UTERO
Quote from: Lana
Is anybody from here going to the after party? I reckon its not getting such a big buzz around here.

I have tickets Lana but I don't know if I am going? Number one reason being, I'm a dork. I bought tickets to a party that is happening the day before my show, Ha ha.

My show date is the same as yours Lana Jan 1 (have to start the New Year out right  :wink:) so I'll see you there. "The Velvet Revolver Aftershow Party" tickets say Jan 1. I thought that makes sense they chose to do an afterparty day two (Jan 1) instead of NYE. I though they chose day tow because, they have a show the next day, the party starts at 2am and half the band is sober and it's pretty crazy the amount of drunk assholes there are at the Hard Rock at that hour.
 
I want to see the show on day two Jan 1 vs New Years Eve because I'm hoping there will be less hasstle with the crowd and hopefully less crowded period.

So with that I am now thinking there would be a 10% chance that I'd be able to carry on a conversation with my favorite artists and a 90% chance that I won't have room to dance :headbanger:


So you bought a ticket to the after party and you're not going? I wonder if photos are allowed at the after party...because even though I don't have tickets to the after party I'm thinking of buying some before its too late. After all I wouldn't want to miss a photo with my favorite guitarist  :slash: But then again, its going to be pretty crazy there like you said and I'm going to Vegas by myself so I don't know if I should spend the extra cash and go to the after party. Or maybe I should buy another ticket to the New Year's Show Jan. 31 as well and have a double dose of VR since I've been missing all these other shows that you L.A. people got to see. You lucky guys and gals.

By the way, are you staying in Vegas for the days?

I'm excited  :) about the Jan. 1 show and I guess I'll see you there and whom ever is going.

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!
Quote from: sludge factory
I think you should totally go to the afterparty regardless of which show your going to. You never know what may happen plus even though its crazy who knows the next chance Velvet Revolver will have an afterparty. I would go but im too young lol. So much for that!

You read my mind 100% which is why I haven't worried about what to do with the tickets. I'm on the scale again, we'll see which way it leans closer to New Years.
Right now it's still, Hell Yeah go to the party!  :beer:

I really didn't want to party New Years Eve because I'm driving to Vegas on 1/1 and I want to enjoy the show without being tired.

Oh boy this is now leaning to.... Go see Velvet Revolver two nights, Lol

Offline Lana

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
Quote from: IN UTERO

Oh boy this is now leaning to.... Go see Velvet Revolver two nights, Lol


That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I'm contemplating of going to the two shows plus the after party, but don't quite know what to do. I already have one ticket for Jan. 1. I really don't want to miss out on anything anymore.

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!
^ Lana I'll pm you my phone number so we can talk about it. I would definately want to contact you in Vegas to make sure your cool alone and stuff. I thought your mom was going to join you I always see her at the gigs.

My husband wants to stay somewhere really cool, Mandalay or something. But I know I want to be as close as possible to the Hard Rock. I can stay there but it is ridiculous $499 Sat, then only $69 on Sun & Mon. I've stayed at the Alexis Park and that was sufficient it's across the street from The Hard Rock Hotel. I'm still deciding where to stay.

If I go New Years I will be up partying all night I know it, I get this weird energy in Vegas where I don't care what time it is, is there like no clocks over there or something? I would be a zombie next day, literaly sleeping all the next day til I get up to eat and get in line for VR, ha ha. Which ever day I go I will see you Lana  :D

Offline Lana

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
Quote from: IN UTERO
^ Lana I'll pm you my phone number so we can talk about it. I would definately want to contact you in Vegas to make sure your cool alone and stuff. I thought your mom was going to join you I always see her at the gigs.

My husband wants to stay somewhere really cool, Mandalay or something. But I know I want to be as close as possible to the Hard Rock. I can stay there but it is ridiculous $499 Sat, then only $69 on Sun & Mon. I've stayed at the Alexis Park and that was sufficient it's across the street from The Hard Rock Hotel. I'm still deciding where to stay.

If I go New Years I will be up partying all night I know it, I get this weird energy in Vegas where I don't care what time it is, is there like no clocks over there or something? I would be a zombie next day, literaly sleeping all the next day til I get up to eat and get in line for VR, ha ha. Which ever day I go I will see you Lana  :D


Yes, I know my mom bailed out on me this time   :cry:  unfortunately she has to work but I'm glad  :) you'll be there because its kind of weird traveling by yourself especially to Vegas.

Sure, Hard Rock is expensive and I wanted to stay there too at first since its close to the show, but I don't know. Paris Hotel, Bally's and Terribles along with Alexis are all close to Hard Rock Hotel as well. Not sure where I'll stay, but I'm leaning towards Alexis, Bally's or Terribles.

Eventhough I have a car, I'll probably end up taking the Greyhound. Well see, but I'm really glad you'll be there. Like I said its kind of scary traveling by yourself.

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!

Offline Lana

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***

Offline JennyKitty

  • Pea Gun Newbie
  • *
We have tickets to both shows and the after party.  

Are they selling a set amount of tickets for the after party, or will they just continue to sell them indefinitely?

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!
Heads up....

There is no longer an advertisement for a Velvet Revolver Afterparty they are now advertising tickets for "Body English Afterparty"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/82052

Offline GeekyScienceChick

  • Pea Gun Newbie
  • *
From mine and other people's experiences with "after-parties" is that they are usually a waste of money.  The band does NOT usually show up, and if by some chance they do, they are whisked away to a private VIP area so you only get a fleeting glimpse of them.  Who knows, you may get lucky, but I'd be very surprised.

Offline DuffMcKaganRocks

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
I used to live in California....it was damn great. I love the weather there, man!

Offline Hoochie

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that's in Vegas for the shows.  She said the after party was a total waste!  It was basically a $50 cover charge into a dance club.  She said she stayed about half an hour and left.

Offline Gina499

  • Pea Gun Newbie
  • *
That after party was shit, after everyone paid all that money to see them they decide to "host" an after party and charge a $50.00 cover.  They didn't even play rock music, it was the same type of crap music body english always play.  Guess another way for them to suck more money out of their fans.  At least if Axl "hosted" an afterparty you'd expect him not to show up.  They could of least made a 10 minute cameo, kick the crap dj out of the booth and play some good music.  Anyways I'll get over it but it's still bullshit.

Offline lstwavrckr

  • Pea Gun Newbie
  • *
just read this and man that sucks. was it 21 and over?

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!
There was a Velvet Revolver Afterparty on Jan 1, 05.

They were only on sale for a week or two on ticketmaster. Apparently if you had these tickets you would have been allowed into the real Velvet Revolver party and the band was there.

Last minute idea I guess but that is what I love about Vegas, anything can happen  :smoking:

(I had those tickets but I was asleep at 12:30 a.m. ...I blew it)

Offline ThereYouAre

  • Pea Gun Newbie
  • *
Oh no!!  I had the VR After Party tix, but didn't realize there was a difference!  We were at the club and it sucked so we left!   :cry:

Offline artist151

  • Straight Shooter
  • ***
    • http://amysartworld.com
I was there walking in behind Slash and his entourage.  No Scott to be seen.  That place is like a dungeon in certain areas.  Paths that are dark and little coves- the dance floor was all booty so we left 45 minutes after getting there.

Offline IN UTERO

  • Staff
  • *****
  • What's Next!
Oh no!!  I had the VR After Party tix, but didn't realize there was a difference!  We were at the club and it sucked so we left!   :cry:

I remember tickets being available for about two weeks at Ticketmaster that said "Velvet Revolver Afterparty", I checked back weeks later and the tickets said "Velvet Revolver Afterparty at "Body English".

There was a Velvet Revolver Afterparty but not in Body English. Those first printed tickets were being honored to get in I was told (the ones that didn't say "Body English" on them. You "have to" ask around and figure out where the "real" party is. Band parties usually aren't advertised and they definately were tight on who could get in.

When you see Afterparty tickets for sale beware, it just means that their is a party after the show. Alot of the time the band isn't even aware that their is promotion going on. It's just a way for the Casino or whoever to make money.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 08:27:28 AM by IN UTERO »