Author Topic: 2005-02-13 - 47th Annual Grammy Awards - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA (nominations, award & performance)  (Read 89374 times)

Offline Garrett

• Target Practice
Quote from: pagoata
Quote from: Garrett
I wouldn't mind if The Killers won either.

Green Day will probably win most of them though.

My God, isn't that blasphemy!!!!

huh?

Offline Duffs Girl

• Target Practice
I hope they win, coz they have too. :D They deserve it.

Offline lhpt

• Sniper Assassin
brilliant news, they deserve those nominations-hope win all three categories cuz they kick ass!!!!
 :headbanger:  :headbanger:  :headbanger:

Offline jarmo

• Sniper Assassin
  • Don't you fucking know what you are?
    • Here Today... Gone To Hell!
Press Release Source: RCA Music Group

RCA Music Group Artists Earn 20 Nominations for the 47th Annual Grammy Awards

----

Velvet Revolver, the super-group comprised of former Stone Temple Pilot frontman Scott Weiland, three-fifths of the original Guns 'N' Roses lineup (guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, drummer Matt Sorum), and guitarist Dave Kushner -- swept this year's Rock field as their debut album, Contraband, generated three nominations: Best Rock Album, Best Hard Rock Performance (for "Slither"), and Best Rock Song ("Fall To Pieces"). The band's third single, "Dirty Little Thing" is currently #1 most added at rock radio.

----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041208/nyw158_1.html

"three-fifths of the original Guns 'N' Roses lineup"?  :lol:

/jarmo

Offline Glam

• Pea Gun Newbie
great news!! 8)  

yeah wtf 3/5 of the original line-up??

Offline ZzLnknzZ

• Straight Shooter
What's so odd about them saying 3/5ths?  Is it because Adler was the original drummer...?

Anyway... I don't mean to sound like I'm dissing the band or the fans or anything, because I'm not.  But I'd like to remind you all that they might not win by a 'landslide' and remember that they are not the only band in the world.

What I mean is, the Grammys have been rigged for years, and someone like Maroon 5 is probably more likely to win.  That's jsut how it is, like it or not.  I really hope they prove me wrong this year though.  I would like to see them take home 3.

If they should lose, I hope American Idiot wins.

Either way, they've got tough competition.  Metallica and Green Day have paid their dues long before Velvet Revolver, as bands.  That is, if you don't count GnR and STP.  But I'm saying that more established bands might win.  Not sure.

Isn't it a bit early for a grammy?  Grammys are what the old fart washed up rockers get.  VR is 'too cool' for a grammy, imo.  Grammy comes later, when they've had like 5 albums out.  Grammys just aren't hip, and I don't think they ever were.

Anyone get what I'm saying?

Offline ZzLnknzZ

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: mikegiuliana
congrats vr, now in two weeks they have sold 100,000 thousand copies of their album.. This week it's 51,000, hopefully with the grammys they will get more airtime and sell tons of records..

COntraband should be album of the year, it was the only album to debut at number one, plus it has two number one singles..

ROCK ON VR, THE BEST DAMN BAND

Didn't Beastie Boys debut at 1?  Knocking out VR?

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
this is great. but i guess i was wrong when i thought tthey were going to get at least 5.

kanye west got 10. it just shows how much society has changed since stp's rise. or gnr's

Offline writerbec

• Gunslinger
Seeing the sad state the music industry has been in for the past decade now, it's about time 'rock' had a serious resurging.  Who better to lead it than 'Velvet Revolver'?!  :cool:  :beer:

Offline Lana

• Straight Shooter
The Grammys should definitely give VR a chance because they simply deserve it but then again there's Hoobastank and Metallica so it should be a tough competition.
Personally I don't give a rats ass about Hoobastank but considering the music scene at this point it should be a tough choice.

Offline Loudlove

• Straight Shooter
I agree. I think VR deserve it so I'm hoping they win or if they don't I assume it will probably be Green Days - American Idiot or Metallica but for now my hopes are for VR.

Offline JMLoud

• Straight Shooter
Fuck I just realized Vertigo was in the same category as FTP. There's no way VR wins that one. DAMNIT I HATE U2.

Offline Fall-2-Pieces

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: JMLoud
Fuck I just realized Vertigo was in the same category as FTP. There's no way VR wins that one. DAMNIT I HATE U2.

I dunno about that. From what I hear, U2's new album is flunking bad. It sold well it's first week but is now in the pits. And that song sucks, anyway. FTP is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time and I'll be damned if it get's beat out by the same sounding shit that U2 has put out for the past 10 years.  :evil:

Offline Fall-2-Pieces

• Pea Gun Newbie
By the way, does anybody know if they will be perfoming at the Grammy's yet?

Offline VRyan

• Pea Gun Newbie
They say it contains 3/5 of the original line up because it doesnt have Izzy or Axl, so that would make it 3/5

Offline VRyan

• Pea Gun Newbie
but in some ways it doesnt make that much sense because Matt wasn't part of the ORIGINAL line up, Steven was

Offline Duffs Girl

• Target Practice
Quote from: JMLoud

Vertigo sucks! It`s one of the worst songs I`ve ever heard!  :?

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
Vertigo isn't the worst song I heard but wtf r they talking about! Dammit FTP better win that song is fucking great! But knowing the grammies they'd prob give it to fucking u2! I hope they give vr something hell atleast a performance would kick ass. VR rocks anyhow so  :P to the grammy's and what they think!

Offline Nhu

• Target Practice
    • http://livejournal.com/~aft3rtaste
I think those other bands won enough awards already. Hopefully VR will win some.

Offline Tol

• Pea Gun Newbie
I think that VR deserves some grammies

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
It would be cool to see them win all 3.
Im sure they'll get at least one.

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
they must or else I'll send my army of killer cats to the grammy ppls and they shall get revenge! I want them to win cuz FTP kicks ass dammit!

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
My sister thinks that greenday is going to win, but I say VR is going to win :headbanger:

Offline GnFnR

• Pea Gun Newbie
they shud be able to win at least one:)
they deserve it

Offline velvetrevolver101

• Sniper Assassin
Quote from: Spidervein
they should win all of these by a land slide

seriously