Author Topic: 2005-02-13 - 47th Annual Grammy Awards - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA (nominations, award & performance)  (Read 89372 times)

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
True.
But he also wouldnt be Slash if he put chart ratings and awards ahead of sucsessful, live gigs.
Whatever he might really think hes going to say he doesnt care about stuff like that.

Offline *In Pumps*

• Target Practice
forgive me for asking but what exactly does "vindicated" mean? :oops:

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Hey, no shame in not knowing.  No one knows everything.

Definition:
vindicate
verb
(1) to prove that what someone said or did was right or true, after other people thought it was wrong.

In this case it basically means that now VR have become so sucsessful and won awards ect. its proven wrong all the people who said they were going to fail when they first started out.

Even if they dont care I do.  A lot of my friends were agreeing with the media ect. that they would screw it up somehow.  Im very happy to see them all proven wrong.

(Definition stolen from Yahoo's online dictionary)

Offline Loaded_Revolver

• Sniper Assassin
  • Bert Is Evil
Chart ratings are important, and they are nothing more than a reflection of people liking an artists music.

The guy lost a major contract because Interscope thought his music was too old and he was too old, his second Snakepit album, even with all the fans he has, sold an abismal 10,000 copies after his first one was a platinum seller, and he was playing to, in some cases, half empty clubs...

Slash may very well not feel vindicated, but that is just a rockstar persona. Saul Hudson sure as hell feels vindicated.

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
I think what Slash has said (allegedly..you know what the press are like) is great.

It certainly puts all the "in it for the money" rumours to rest in my opinion.  It is bound to make VR and Slash feel proud to know that their music is being recognised for what it is, but I find it nice that he rates what us lot- the fans thinks about it over any "big wig" music company.

And I think they KNOW what we think.  We love it, and them.  

Love kathy x x

Offline isabelle_guns

• Sniper Assassin
  • Trying to live one beat at a time
    • http://www.lollypopshoved.com/LOLLYPOPSITE/duff.htm
that is awesome, thanks for posting that in Utero

Offline slash addict

• Target Practice
  • Do you love it? Loves it
i missed the actual grammys but i watched a re-run of it last nite and was dissapointed to see that they didn't show VR getting their award and then when they did the tsunami song you could only see bits of slash and at the end stevie wonder was in the way i just wanted to scream for gods sake get out of the way stevie your blocking the most sexiest man in the world  :shock:

but anyway welldone for winning VR u totally deserve it :beer:

Offline savvy

• Target Practice
Quote from: slash addict
at the end stevie wonder was in the way i just wanted to scream for gods sake get out of the way stevie your blocking the most sexiest man in the world  :shock:

LOL...I said the exact same thing in the Slash section!

It really sucks that they didn't get much exposure on the grammys. Did anyone else notice that when any of the news media mentioned the tsunami performance they failed to mention VR?! I mean they talked about Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys and Bono but they didn't say anything about VR. They were the band playing the song for crying out loud!!  :x

Offline ambrosia

• Gunslinger
USA Today:

Bargain single: Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland, who participated in the benefit performance of Across the Universe (and won a Grammy tonight), said he hoped "we inspired some people and put some good blessings in people's hearts." He also applauded Melissa Etheridge (news)'s performance and wig-free appearance: "She's very brave. A lot more brave than I would be." Slash kept his comments brief: "It's only 99 cents," he said of the benefit single. The band heads to Australia tomorrow to continue its worldwide tour.

Offline slash addict

• Target Practice
  • Do you love it? Loves it
Quote from: savvy
Quote from: slash addict
at the end stevie wonder was in the way i just wanted to scream for gods sake get out of the way stevie your blocking the most sexiest man in the world  :shock:

LOL...I said the exact same thing in the Slash section!

It really sucks that they didn't get much exposure on the grammys. Did anyone else notice that when any of the news media mentioned the tsunami performance they failed to mention VR?! I mean they talked about Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys and Bono but they didn't say anything about VR. They were the band playing the song for crying out loud!!  :x

i know!! without VR there wouldn't be any music and then the song would just be rubbish

Offline jarmo

• Sniper Assassin
  • Don't you fucking know what you are?
    • Here Today... Gone To Hell!
Pic from Clive Davis' Pre-Grammy party from People magazine February 28, 2005 has been posted @ Here Today... Gone To Hell!

:D

/jarmo

Offline ZzLnknzZ

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Dana
Do you like those Los Lonely Boys? They are totally unknown here in Europe.

I love them.  I bought their DVD and was blown away.  Henry Garza is on his way to being a guitar god and it's only their first album.

He's Carlos Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Jimi Hendrix thrown in a blender.  How can you top that?  Not to mention his brothers.  They are amazing too, but Garza truly shines.

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Cool Twin who talked to Slash on the phone!
Hey Edge, go onto CBS.com and you can see the performance there

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
Quote from: jarmo
Pic from Clive Davis' Pre-Grammy party from People magazine February 28, 2005 has been posted @ Here Today... Gone To Hell!

:D

/jarmo

thanxs for the pic and  :rofl: at the mid-scratch comment