Author Topic: 2005-02-13 - 47th Annual Grammy Awards - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA (nominations, award & performance)  (Read 89373 times)

Offline JMLoud

• Straight Shooter
VR has a good chance to win for FTP. Best rock album is a lock to go to Green Day since they're the only rock band up for Record and Album of the year. I dont see Slither winning best hard rock song though, althuogh the only one up there worthy of beating it is Slipknot, so it could happen.

Offline antisocialxgrl

• Sniper Assassin
  • Scott Weiland Fan
    • MySpace
I literally gasped and went, "yay!" I usually never care. But I'm sooo glad they're nominated! They deserve the nominations... and the awards ;)

For me, it's no compitition. But in general, this seems like a tough one.

Offline superbrandon

• Sniper Assassin
  • i hope they serve beer in hell
    • http://www.mygnr.com
yes so there going to win 3 grammys

Offline GOAT MILKER06

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.blackvelvetrock.com
Modest Mouse?

..Seriously.....What the fuck?

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
I hope they win because this band deserves an award :headbanger:

Offline NADIA

• Target Practice
fuck YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ErikaLynne

• Target Practice
    • my site
omg thats fucking awesome!! i hope they win every single last one! they deserve this more than any other gay band out there!!!!!! RnfR!!!!!!! :D

p.s==if they give it to U2 im gonna burn that stadium down
 :twisted:

i was kidding- but thats how pissed i would be  :  )

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
That's fantastic news!  Congratulations guys - you deserve to win  :)

Offline myrnarh

• Straight Shooter
Yay! I am so happy. Congrat and good luck. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they win. They deserve it.

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter

Offline Big Dun

• Pea Gun Newbie
VR Definitly deserves Best Rock Album, I mean, that is one album that is strong from the first song to the last.

However...Green Day's Album was written as a "Rock Opera" and that concept may just tip the votes in their favour.  Which I don't think it should as a concept does not make the material stronger...And that Hoobastank single should be in the pop catergory...(which I saw them sing it live on TV, and the singer cannot hit a note) but anyways GO VR GO!!!!

Offline RevolverRoses

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Top-Hatted One
of cource they will give it to U2  :x

Oh God! Hopefully not, I mean, I like U2, but enough is enough! They're everywhere!!

But, CONGRAGULATIONS GUYS!!! That's frickin awesome!!!!!!  Finally the Grammy's recognize a group with talent....I think they'll get atleast 2 out of 3, but hopefully all of them!! ROCK ON!!

Offline weilandstheman

• Target Practice
The Killers, Modest Mouse, and Hoobastank are rock? That's crazy!Anyways I hope VR wins!!!

Offline savvy

• Target Practice
That's awesome! I'm so glad they got nominated! It's good to know that they are getting recognition for their efforts. I hope they take all three awards home...if not all at least one! The guys truly deserve this!

Offline ambrosia

• Gunslinger
Congrats VR - you deserve it!

Slither - Best Hard Rock Performance
FTP - Best Rock Song
Contraband - Best Rock Album

Offline Sweet~Slash

• Sniper Assassin
omg im so happy for vr that great i hope they win cause they deserve it!!

Offline PHANTOM LORD

• Pea Gun Newbie
Yeah, best of luck to VR, the deserve these nominations.  Being a huge Metallica fan and a huge VR fan, i'll be happy if it goes to either of them. 8)

Offline lyns78

• Target Practice
Three nods their first time out isn't bad at all!  :wink:

Congratulations guys...kickass!

Offline sludge factory

• Gunslinger
  • Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline METAL MAMMA

• Target Practice
That is soooo awesome I hope the win all 3 because they are that damn good!!!!!!!

Offline _nightrain_

• Sniper Assassin
  • 14 years of silence.
They so deserve a grammy! I HOPE THEY WIN!!!

Offline mikegiuliana

• Gunslinger
congrats vr, now in two weeks they have sold 100,000 thousand copies of their album.. This week it's 51,000, hopefully with the grammys they will get more airtime and sell tons of records..

COntraband should be album of the year, it was the only album to debut at number one, plus it has two number one singles..

ROCK ON VR, THE BEST DAMN BAND

Offline americancracka

• Straight Shooter
Holy Speculation and forsight...just here keeping my fingers crossed that VR gets recognition by the industry.  At least 1, becasue some of the other nominations like Ray Charles are BS....lets all feel sorry for the dead guy...J Ritter all over again...what a f'in sell-out

Offline pagoata

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Garrett
I wouldn't mind if The Killers won either.

Green Day will probably win most of them though.

My God, isn't that blasphemy!!!!

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
yes! this is soO awsome! they deserve every single nomination!! i know 4 sure they'll win at least 2 out of the 3!!!!!!!!! especially best hard rock song or w/e.. and best rock album! cuz... contraband was easily the best rock album of 04'!!

i think vr has a great chance at the other award.. the 1 FTP is nominated 4.. its between them, and U2!

rock on vr! and long live true rock!!!!!

finally vr is nominated 4 somethimg!!