Author Topic: 2005-02-13 - 47th Annual Grammy Awards - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA (nominations, award & performance)  (Read 89371 times)

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
  • One click and I can make you disappear
Thanks to Scrappy's Attic: VR is nominated for three Grammy awards, Best Rock Song (Fall To Pieces), Best Hard Rock Performance (Slither) and Best Rock Album (Contraband). Other nominees for Best Rock Song include Green Day's 'American Idiot', 'Float On' by Modest Mouse, 'Somebody Told Me' by The Killers and U2's 'Vertigo'. VR is competing against 'Megalomaniac' by Incubus, 'Some Kind of Monster' by Metallica, 'Feeling' Way Too Damn Good' by Nickleback, and 'Duality' by Slipknot in the Best Hard Rock Performance. VR is competing against Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Green Day, Hoobastank and The Killers in the Best Rock Album category. The 47th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005 at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast live on CBS from 8 – 11:30 p.m. (EST/PST).

>> http://www.grammy.com/news/academy/2004/1207noms.aspx

Offline Lexa

• Target Practice
WOOHOO Actually they have THREE Grammy nominations.

Slither - Best Hard Rock Performance

FTP - Best Rock Song

Contraband - Best Rock Album

CONTRATS VR, Well deserved.

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
now i think they HAVE  to win!!!!!!!!
at least for slither coz theres nothing rocking harder than vr this year and i think they have 2 snatch best album but sumthing tells me that the fuckers will b against vr...dnt know why but i hope they do win

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
  • One click and I can make you disappear
Quote from: Lexa
WOOHOO Actually they have THREE Grammy nominations.

Slither - Best Hard Rock Performance

FTP - Best Rock Song

Contraband - Best Rock Album

CONTRATS VR, Well deserved.

Really? Where does it say that about Slither?

Offline Spidervein

• Sniper Assassin
they should win all of these by a land slide

Offline MJsLiva

• Target Practice
alright! that would be so cool if they won a grammy (ies)!!!

Offline Lexa

• Target Practice
http://www.grammy.com/awards/grammy/47noms.aspx

Slither is on the list of all the nominations.  Hopefully the link I posted will work

Offline Lexa

• Target Practice
Sorry for the double post  :oops:  but I guess that's one piece of news worth repeating  :lol:

Mods any way we could be given editing rights to our posts so we could fix our mistakes??

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
of cource they will give it to U2  :x

Offline GMS

• Straight Shooter
GREAT FOR VR!!! :D

VELVET REVOLVER ROCKS & RULES!!! :headbanger:

Offline sonic temple

• Pea Gun Newbie
that's awesome.  I hope they perform.  Your right they will probably give it to U2....the most over-rate band on the planet.

Offline Dana

• Gunslinger
Oh and I expected nomination for best video (FTP) too.

It´s pathetic how U2 releases their first singles in the right time for nominations again and their next singles for next year´s nomination and it´s all from one album. I mean do they need it so much? :roll:

Offline aassddff

• Straight Shooter
This is so exciting!  I definitely think that they have a great chance at all of them... but because U2 just came out with their album, I bet the hype will be on them and they'll win.  But VR should win them all!  Yay

Offline Velvet

• Straight Shooter
  • ^ I LOVES THE BLAH!!!^
i hope VR wins all they are up for.

The U2 album isnt that bad its just I think VR needs the win for FTP cause it totally blows all the other songs out of the water.

CONGRATS VELVET REVOLVER!!!!!

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
I think Green Day and Hoobastank are the only real competition. Wow I feel dirty for having said that... But lets face it, Hoobastank was all over the place for awhile and a lot of people for some reason dug "The Reason". Green Day is at least a formidable opponent though.

Offline oldleadbelly

• Target Practice
I think they have the best shot at Best Hard Rock Performance.  Their competition...Incubus Megalomaniac, Metallica Some Kind of Monster, Slipknot Duality, and Nickleback (c'mon).  Incubus has the best chance to beat Slither here, but I don't think that is very likely.  This, of course, assumes the Grammys aren't still kissing Metallica's ass for the Jethro Tull mistake.

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
The new Green Day album is amazing but if the song "American Idiot" wins im going to be outraged because its arguably the weakest song on the album

Offline Garrett

• Target Practice
I wouldn't mind if The Killers won either.

Green Day will probably win most of them though.

SlashsLesPaul

can someone tell me....since when exactly is U2 rock?

k thnx  :P

Offline Rockergirl

• Gunslinger
I don't consider U2 rock,honestly I find that once they release a new single I get tired of it soo quickly!! anyway YAYYY for VR I hope they win every award they're up for, there's no other band out there that deserves it more than these guys!

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
Wee, that's great  :D Go VR GO!!

Offline rissadel1

• Straight Shooter
that's huge.

I dont think theyre going to have a chance in the best rock song catagory, but the album category is fair game.

they really shouldve been nominated for best video for ftp. that video makes me cry every time i see it.

Offline rissadel1

• Straight Shooter
Random question... I was looking at that link and I was just wondering - whats the difference between a record and an album?

also... what is a rock performance? like a live performance?

Offline Velvet Mary

• Target Practice
COOL!! I hope they´ll win, but it´s so cool already that they´re nominated!! Good luck VR!!  8)