Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Band Member Posts (updated 2008-02-13)  (Read 20855 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
This is a collection of all the posts Velvet Revolver Band Members have made on this forum ~

POSTS BY NUMBERS
Dave Kushner : 07
Duff McKagan : 20
Total : 27

Use the links by the messages to comment on their posts. Most recent posts are displayed at the top.

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Loaded new album and tour in 2008

Of course I am involved, its my band! VR always comes first but I love to multi-task. Rock on people.
  Duff
p.s. AxlReznor....cheer up for f*cks sake, it's only rock n' roll!(love ya though)..LAMF

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Happy 44th Birthday,Duff!!

Hey Guys
 Thanks again for the nice words on my birthday. Every year you guys grant me my wish which is having a fan-base that supports the musical endeavors that I am involved with. For myself as a musician, my life remains truly enchanted!
 Cheers...
  Duff
p.s.. That is some funny sh*t on the guesses to why my passport had been flagged. The real story is actually much less colorful...I guess I'll keep it secret so as not to let anyone here down! LAMF

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Bass Gear

I used the 400rb throughout the first couple years of GNR ( gigs AND recording)....its a great amp. Upgrade to the 800 when you can but what you have now is great. Find a cabinet that can 'handle' the amp. EV 400 watt 15" speakers sound great with the 400rb. Good luck and Happy New Year!
 Duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Hepatitis A Scare at Sports Illustrated party

hi all
 just wanted to let you know that susan and i did not eat or touch any food at the SI party. i do really appreciate the concern.
   duff

Duff McKagan (and Grace) - Posted in: Happy Birthday Duff!!!

hey guys
 i want to thank you all for the birthday wishes, it really does mean a lot to me. it is pretty sweet being happy and healthy this day and age, looking back, it coulda gone either way! the record is shaping up into a pretty bad-ass complete whole of a monster. we are very pumped to be getting back on the road with another record under our belts.
  thanks..... duff
 p.s. my daughter grace just came in the room and wants to say hi, so here she is....
hi   :D I''ll see u on tour.

Dave Kushner - Posted in: Happy Birthday Dave!

To all....
I know its been a while since I checked in, but I keep waiting for my site to be done in hopes of posting there but.... Ahhh nevermind !! I wanna thank all of u on the forum for the Bday wishes! Its really nice to see.
  As for the bday itself, it was great!! Got to play with Camp Freddy last night at this crazy, multimedia shindig in Hollywood, my best friend Scott Shriner brought me up a cake onstage that my wife arranged, and everyone sang happy bday. All my band was there too. It was really cool.
   Speakin of the band... As u know, we're workin with Brendan O'Brien now. He's awesome! Just what we needed. He's really workin us good! Hopefully we'll actually start trackin the record in the next month. It'll be worth the wait. Hopefully all of u out there will think so when u get it. Thanx again
     Dave Kushner

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Congratulations Duff!

happy belated 21st birthday Just_Me....thanks for the encouraging words.
  VR Fucking Rocks.....duff
 p.s. i am back

Duff McKagan - Posted in: duff in october

hey guys...whassup?
  it has been a while since i checked in last, just taking a nice break after the 1 1/2 year tour! it really is great being back home with my family. we will be starting the album process here in a couple of weeks, myself and matt have actually started to 'jam out' a few ideas while rehabing his hand...he is doing great. it is really fucking great playing with that guy again, i will check in again soon,
      cheers to all....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: story i heard about Duff today

just to clear things up...there absolutely was no fight at bar after 'my wife and i were having an arguement'. i have no idea how this rumor was started, but i guess it is just part of the 'game' we are in seperately and as a band.
   rock on....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted: 15 Nov 2004 17:52    Post subject: VR has 3rd guitarist???

Quote from: duff (sorry, topic does not longer exist in our database)
to the person that 'saw a 3rd guitarist' behind the stage:
that must be some pretty good weed that you are smokin'.
keep it up!.....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: Mark Lanegan & Duff

if any of you have not been enlightened to mark's amazing solo work dating back to 1994....please do yourselves a favor any pick up thr new record 'bubblegum' or any of his past classics (whiskey for the holy ghost)
just to name one.
   cheers.....duff

mark is playing in london this week i think...deinately not a show to be missed!
   duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: retraction from duff

to all concerned
   i will know officially retract a statement made in an interview for the voodoo-fest in new orleans a couple of weeks ago. to paraphrase, i was quoted as saying that axl wrote non of the music for guns n' roses(supposedly in the time that i was in the band). this was an ABSOLUTE mis-quote and i do believe that my past record in doing interviews period, would show me saying something like this as a serious deviation from my normal responses to 'guns' quetions.
      axl, and all 'guns' fans, i wholeheartedly apologize and am quite embarassed by this whole episode. i have always looked at the 'glass as half full' when it comes to the amazing things we accomplished, and the amazing songs we wrote as a group. 'my world' is still one of my favorite songs!!!
    much respect and love....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: duff in memphis/mississippi

hey guys
 droppin' a note to say we had a blast last night in b'ham....just getting ready to rock the desoto civic in a couple of hours and feeling fucking great!!!
  lots of love to all.....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: DUFF WHAT IS GOIN ON-TIME 2 B HONEST??

in response to matt and i specifically stating that we are just in this for the money is a complete crock of shit! we as a band, and purely just as musicians put the songs, performance, and integrity first! if you actually knew how much money it costs us to be out on the road with top notch crew, lighting, and sound, (not to mention trucks, buses, hotels, and salaries) it would boggle your mind....'in this for the money'? i suggest you check yuor source....this is simply a statement that NO ONE in the band would even think of making.
       point made?.....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: short set in dallas...from duff

hey guys
 i just read a couple of the dallas reviews on this site commenting on the short set. i just want to let you know that this was a radio show and our 'slot' was only 50 minutes...10:10pm to 11 with a strict curfew! we of course would have played longer, but our set time was what it was!
  dallas rules....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: duff again

you guys fucking rock period. great questions...i will get around to answering some of these very soon. by the way, my sister joan and i are best of friends (as well as the rest of my family), so i am not quite sure how the internet feud started on that particular thread.  straight up, there is a grave misconception floatin round out there.
   i will post again soon
   love to you all....duff

Duff McKagan - Posted in: duff checking in

hey guys!
  sorry i don't post here very often (understatement), but myself, and the rest of the band look at this site ALL OF THE TIME!
   i just thought that i'd check in real quick and say hi. the current u.s. tour has so far been a fucking blast, and the fans in the south are absolutely out of their minds....it feels real good to be out there playing rock n' roll.
   all of you guys on these forums are truly inspirational for the band....good, bad, and/or ugly. keep it up and we shall be in a town near you soon!
        rock on.....duff

oh yeah...just one more thing to ponder for you guys. please don't believe everything you read (see my 'interview' for the voodoo fest for example), a lot of times things are taken out of context or just plain misquoted. this not only happens to me, but to all of the guys in the band. interviews are often done on the phone, or in a crowded place jotted down on a piece of paper, then...the article will be written a couple of days later. we all know what can happen to one's memory even in that short of a period. no one is perfect, and sometimes we come out of these things looking like stupid jerks...trust me, we are not. interviews are a necessary evil that more often than not turn out to benefit the band and hopefully enlighten a new audience to our brand of high-octane 'fuck you' rock n' roll.
   peace....duff

Dave Kushner - Posted: 19 Oct 2004 07:36 (CET)    Post subject: FANS VOTING

Quote from: whatever (sorry, topic does not longer exist in our database)
THANX FOR LETTING US KNOW ABOUT THE VOTING THING! THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE REASON WHY WE POSTED IT ON THIS SITE AS WELL AS OUR SITE. THAT AND THE FACT THAT THIS SITE RULES!!! ALSO, I JUST WANT TO APOLIGIZE TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE CONFUSION LATELY WITH THE TOUR DATES , BUT WE'VE BEEN A LITTLE CONFUSED OURSELVES. BUT HEY... WE'RE HUMAN TOO. PLEASE HANG IN THERE AS WE ARE TRYING TO GET ALL THIS SHIT STRAIGHT. I'D ALSO LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO SUPPORTIVE OF ME AND MY ROLL IN THIS BAND. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! DAVE K.

Dave Kushner - Posted: 11 Sep 2004 17:54   Subject: DAVE K. CHECKING IN FROM LISBON

HEY EVERYONE OUT THERE IN VR LAND !!!!!! HOWS IT GOING? FIRST OFF, ID JUST LIKE TO SAY HOW FUCKING AWSOME YOU PEOPLE HAVE BEEN THESE LAST COUPLE YEARS!!! BUT ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT TO THE SHOWS. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN REALLY AMAZING . ALL OF YOU FROM THE FRONT ROW ,TO THE BALCONIES TO THE INSTORES, JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!! THE BAND COULDNT BE ANY MORE STOKED. EVEN THE KID WHO SHOWED UP TO THE LONDON INSTORE DRESSED LIKE ME WITH A BEANIE ON AND A DRAWN ON MOUSTACHE!! THAT WAS SO GREAT! I GOT A PIC WITH HIM AND I`LL POST IT SOON.ANYWAY; WE GOT ONE SHOW LEFT IN EUROPE B4 HEADING HOME AND WE`RE ALL A LITTLE BEAT UP, BUT ITS BEEN WORTH IT! IT WAS ALSO REALLY GREAT TO FINALLY MEET RIK WHO STARTED THIS SITE, YOUR THE KING ,DOOD! WE HUNG OUT SOMEWHERE (ITS ALL A BIG BLUR) BUT IT WAS GREAT TO THANK HIM IN PERSON. THANX AGAIN EVERYONE. PEACE OUT ,LITTLE HOMEYS, WERE JUST GETTING STARTED!

Dave Kushner - Posted: 16 Aug 2004 17:52   Subject: Dave in a pop video?

it's not me. DAVE KUSHNER

Dave Kushner - Posted: 15 May 2004 8:06   Subject: In between the intro and main Riff

TOMASS,
THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS DAVE. ALL THAT NOISE IS MY FAULT.SLASH DOES THE CHUGGING SOUNDS AND I DO ALL THE NOISE AND THEN THE OCTAVE RIFF. I ALSO WANT TO SAY WHAT'S UP TO ALL AND THANX AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT. O YEAH, I'M NOT A VERY FAST TYPIST SO SOME TIMES IT TAKES ME A WHILE TO CHECKIN (SORRY) BUT WER'E IN MINN. TODAY, IV'E HAD MY COFFEE AND I'M HEADED TO THE GYM.IF ANY OF U WERE AT THE FIRST 3 SHOWS , U PEOPLE ARE FUCKING AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE SHOWS HAVE REALLY MADE US FEEL LIKE A REAL BAND AND U GUYS ARE ALL PART OF MAKING THIS THING HAPPEN!!! THANK U ALL SO MUCH.
DAVE KUSHNER

Dave Kushner - Posted in: DAVE HERE CHECKING IN AGAIN

:wave:HEY EVERYONE,
        FIRST OF ALL ,I'D LIKE TO REALLY THANK EVERYONE FOR THIER KIND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND CONGRATS REGARDING MY RECENT WEDDING !!!! I JUST CAME FROM DUFF'S B-DAY DINNER. IT WAS REALLY GREAT. THE BAND, THE WIVES,FRIENDS , FAMILY,EVEN IZZY SHOWED UP .
      AS FAR AS THE RECORD AND EVERYTHING,IT'S ALL STILL LOOKING GOOD. THE RECORD IS REALLY FUCKING GOOD !!!!! IT'S A BALLS OUT , HEAVY ROCK RECORD. NOT ONE ROCK SINGLE AND THEN A BUNCH OF MID TEMPO "SAFE " SONGS. WE'RE ALSO GETTING GEARED UP TO DO A VIDEO ,HOPEFULLY LATER IN THE MONTH.
        THANX AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE.
                                                                        DAVE KUSHNERjavascript:Smiley7()

Duff McKagan - Posted in: duff checks in

hey everyone
  i just wanted to write in to say that i am extremely flattered and lucky to have fans that are as loyal and passionate as you all have shown to be on this forum!  the band is doing fucking great and working every day (AND VERY HARD) to make this record something that will endevour throughout time...without taking a lot of time. we are hoping for a january release depending on a few different factors (producer, studio, etc..). our collective chemistry is simply stunning, i am very proud to be a part of this thing.
  i noticed that my sister joan wrote in to tell the real story of my sordid past marriage-wise, and to correct a few odd views on my life now. i am pleased to say that i am extremely happily married (to susan, of course) with two beautiful daughters that have all made my life so damn complete ...it has been a long road to get here , but i have learned a lot and am ALIVE because of these lessons.......thanks,  duff

hey guys...it has been a while since i have written in.
  we've spent the last couple of months doing pre-production and finally recording this amazing record that really profiles and highlights everyone's ability to shine while keeping to a real cohesive unit....a fucking real band! Scott has a few songs left to sing and then we start mixing with andy wallace at the beginning of december. i sincerely do appreciate you guys for keeping this forum quite active (yes i do read these posts). i find a lot of these photos pretty damn cool, as i rarely get a chance to see this kind of stuff...keep it coming.
   lots of love...duff

Dave Kushner - Posted in: DAVE KUSHNER CHECKING IN

HELLO ALL,
  THIS IS DAVE KUSHNER FINALLY CHECKING IN W/ YOU GUYS AND GIRLS. I JUST WANT TO START BY THANKING ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEREST IN THIS PROJECT ! I ALSO WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE WHAT AN AMAZING JOB RIK AND EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING W/ THIS SITE,I WISH OUR SITE WAS AS COOL AS THIS ONE SO WE'RE WORKING HARD ON GETTING IT UP TO PAR W/ THIS ONE. ALSO, TO CLEAR THE AIR; I HAVE NEVER BEEN A MEMBER OF SUICIDAL TENDENCIES ,ALTHOUGH I DID PLAY W/ INFECTIOUS GROOVES FOR A SHORT TIME AND ALSO PLAYED ON MIKE MUIR'S SOLO RECORD .
           THAT'S IT FOR NOW, BUT I PROMISE TO CHECK IN MORE OFTEN AND KEEP YOU GUYS UPDATED AND I'LL ALSO LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS WE SIGN OUR DEAL.
                                                   LOVE TO ALL,
                                                DAVE KUSHNER

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:50:08 PM by Sverre »