Author Topic: 2004-11-14 - American Music Awards (presenting)  (Read 36151 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Dave is married so I'm sure he was there with his wife.

Offline Emmers

• Straight Shooter
Hm, I thought she looked familiar under those glasses and red hair  :lol:   Looks good on her.

Offline mikegiuliana

• Gunslinger
is it just me or is perla's breast popping out.. She must be nursing..

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
did anybody see anna nicole drunk as hell. Funny shit :lol:

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
Lol, the pics were great the guys all looked like they was having fun especially Slash/ Damn slash was looking fine but where the hell did my friend see him wearing a leather jacket :?: She was like Ooo he fine this and that they was buggin. anyhow he looked good and no wonder Duff said Thank God, Pop Rock Female. Pop and Rock in the same name damn.... Anyhow maybe scott hates those events it seems like it cuz the boys look like they were just having fun and didn't give a fuck.

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
m I in a time warp because I saw billy idol at the ama's award. It like the 80's all over again.  cool I love the 80's

Offline the angelface

• Pea Gun Newbie
Thanks for posting the links to the pic.  I don't think Scott looked distant from the band.  It was more like he want to be any where else, but there.

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
yeah I believe he doesn't like those type of things and it prob pisses him off cuz of journalists and shit.

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
maybe they were pissed because they weren't asked to perform

Offline the angelface

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: Top-Hatted One
maybe they were pissed because they weren't asked to perform

I don't know about them, but that pissed me off.  look at some of the trash that was on there.  There was only one on there worth listening to.

Offline ConsequentialAngel

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
I didn't even see any of it  :cry: ... Britain sucks. I've seen a bunch of pictures now though  :D
I'm real glad that Sheryl Crow won in this category!! I want to fucking strangle Avril fucking Lavigne... Anyway, would love to have seen it all. The guys looked great. Looks like Matt had a permanent smile on his yummy face! Bless. Scott looked devine! Ace's dress is... ace!!!! Love it, I want one! Love the T-shirt Slash, classic  :wink:

Offline rock_chick4surrr

• Gunslinger
I just saw the pics and main aren't they fine?
They are really good pics especially the ones at the Getty Images website.

Offline Ravens

• Gunslinger
Scott's not too big a fan of these fancy shindigs...I think the unhappy look is his form of silent protest.

yes, but also I think he's very self-conscious in these circumstances. His domain is as a performer, and outside of this context, I sense he just feels weird.

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
You're so damn lucky to live in L.A!!!!!
Man, this village sucks!
Just got Scott's solo record (12BB).... Yum!!
I think it's also just part of who he is and I've read (in Classic Rock or KERRANG! I think) him saying that when he's on stage he's a totally different person. The the interview had to end because he had plans to spend some time with Mary and the kids... That's what the real Scott is like, at the performances he's just taken over by the music I guess and there's a big distance between a gig and the AMAs!

Offline antisocialxgrl

• Sniper Assassin
  • Scott Weiland Fan
    • MySpace
Anyone know if this is online yet - or even if the other music award is (the one where they dissed Avril?)

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
That would be the World Music Awards I believe. Avril got to meet and had a picture with Scott, Duff and Matt seeing as they presented her award. I hate her for that and also because she sucks big time...
Haven't seen anything yet but I'd be eagar to know too  :D

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
Velvet Revolver presents AMA (ram video file)

(Slash) "Hey, alright. I will -- for Dick Clark's sake -- try not to use any expletives. Anyway, the nominees for this category are three of the most successful women in this business, just in general." (Duff) "You know their music and you definitely know their names." (Matt) "Let's see who goes home with the American Music Award."

Thanks To RiK, his link dont work but is a good guide

Offline lhpt

• Sniper Assassin
just seen it, its a pity that u dont see/hear the "thank god" part in the clips

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
Awesome!!! I've finally seen it!!! I'd love to see/hear the 'Thank God' part too. I'm in total agreement with Duff there, I can't ever disagree with the guy! Great minds think alike, eh?  :wink: Shame that bit wasn't included but ta anyhow.  :D

Offline mikegiuliana

• Gunslinger
They got a real nice welcome, slash got some extra cheers.. WOnder why scott seemed so distant??

Offline Dana

• Gunslinger
Quote from: Ravens
Scott's not too big a fan of these fancy shindigs...I think the unhappy look is his form of silent protest.

yes, but also I think he's very self-conscious in these circumstances. His domain is as a performer, and outside of this context, I sense he just feels weird.

I think it all depends on in which phase of his bipolar disorder he is. When he is in that depression phase, he is this distant guy. He said once that he is only sitting and doing nothing in this phase.

Offline paradise pirate

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • rock on mother fukers
so when are uthe guys planing on cumming to britan we need some good talent  over here soon please

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
That would be the World Music Awards I believe. Avril got to meet and had a picture with Scott, Duff and Matt seeing as they presented her award. I hate her for that and also because she sucks big time...
Haven't seen anything yet but I'd be eagar to know too  :D

man i hate avril :x

Offline Slash's Lover

• Pea Gun Newbie
I hope they perform. When are the AMA on?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
This topic is over a year old.  I suppose it is possible they'll play at the show this fall but we won't know that for about 10 months.