Author Topic: 2004-11-14 - American Music Awards (presenting)  (Read 35410 times)

Offline Duff_Smiled_At_Me

• Straight Shooter
dont they cut some of the awards that not as many ppl care about during the commercials? maybe thats when vr's presenting... :cry: i HATE pop culture!!!!!

Offline spyce

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Red Hot Lady
Don't forget to watch the AMA's tonight at 8pm on ABCto see VR present.

RCA Records list them as presenters.

But the website of AMA doesn't list them as presenters. Hopefully this isn't the full list.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/ama/

whoah... i didn't even know they'd be on until now!

they're on. cya! :P

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
They were definitely the best part of the show.  Now I can shut it off.  That was funny when Duff said thank god when it was Sheryl Crow that won.

Offline MissSlash

• Gunslinger
They were definitely the best part!!!! And I loved that Duff shouted thankgod....lol...I'm also glad to have all the guys on stage together.  I knew Slash would make reference to his prior cussing on the show back in the drinking days.....all the guys looked good, but Scott didn't say anything.

Offline Velvet-Kitty-Kat

• Straight Shooter
What you mean I fucking missed it??

Offline VRslash

• Gunslinger
  • a shot of vitamin C and a bootle of booze
yeah!!! they appeared!!! i recorded on my VCR :headbanger: why Scott was so quiet?? they must laughting that Maroon 5 its performing  :lol:

Offline loungefly04

• Gunslinger
Darn, i missed it.  Can someone type up what all they said.  What were they presenting, and who was nominated?

Offline Son of Sam

• Sniper Assassin
Scott got in the quick kiss on the lips with Ms. Crow and got an extended hug from the beauty :twisted: They know each other?

Offline Velvet-Kitty-Kat

• Straight Shooter
I really hope someone puts it online.........I still can't believe I had to sit through the first part of the show, and sit through Bon Jovi(no offense to anyone that likes them) then   finally get up and check my email and miss VR!!WTF! :lol:  :oops:  :shock:

Offline MissSlash

• Gunslinger
Quote from: VRslash
yeah!!! they appeared!!! i recorded on my VCR :headbanger: why Scott was so quiet?? they must laughting that Maroon 5 its performing  :lol:

Since you recorded it, would there be anyway for you to get it online for those who missed it?

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
  • One click and I can make you disappear
Quote from: Son of Sam
Scott got in the quick kiss on the lips with Ms. Crow and got an extended hug from the beauty :twisted: They know each other?

Sheryl Crow?

Of course they know each other. She worked on Scott's solo album on Lady Your Roof Brings Me Down.

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
Quote from: antisocialxgrl
Quote from: Velvet Revolver
I'm hoping they are one of the first presenters so I don't have to watch the entire show.

Tell me about it.

The AMA's for me don't even start till 12 am! Stupid football game.

You're in the Boston area, right? I hope it's on at midnight... they can't just not show it.

Yeah it will be on at midnight after the news.

But since I have no cable no use for me to stay up.

Offline Liv ;

• Straight Shooter
    • http://artificial-reality.net

Sheryl Crow?

Of course they know each other. She worked on Scott's solo album on Lady Your Roof Brings Me Down.

She played the accordion.

:rofl:

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
Quote from: Liv ;

Sheryl Crow?

You just wishhhh you knew how to play the accordion as good as Sheryl.  :lol:

Offline Liv ;

• Straight Shooter
    • http://artificial-reality.net
Quote from: Liv ;

Sheryl Crow?

You just wishhhh you knew how to play the accordion as good as Sheryl.  :lol:

OHHHH YEAH. :lol:

Hey, I really dig it in that track, though.

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
i was watchin the pre-show.. u know like the arrivals and shit.. and duff was like the 2nd person they interviewed! and he was w/ his wife! (holy crap she is soO hott!!)..

i was so happy the announcer said "duff mckagan 4rm velvet revolver" and that only! i didnt want him 2 say 'duff 4rm gn'r'.. lol

duff was in a armonie (i no 4 shure i didnt spell that right!) suit.. and he called it a monkey suit! lol.. and they started talkin about fashion (more w/ suzan, duff's wife, then w/ duff)..

they guy also asked duff what he likes in the music industry right now, and what he doesnt.. and he said 'i gotta be honest.. what i like is the response were getting right now".. and he said a bit about the tour, and about real rock and stuff! and how u dont have 2 write a pop song 4 be heard on the radio! (suzan said "ya! they've already got 3 on the radio!).. lol

and then the announcer said something about freedom to choose, and he was like "this coming 4rm u, of all people" 2 duff.. and duff was like..

"HEY.. i dont SUCK!"

lol! i cant wait 2 watch them present! damn i wish they would of performed!

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
they were nominated i think 4 best group.. at the last thing they presented at! i 4got what it was called! but.. they lost 2 freakin maroon 5!!

Offline Son of Sam

• Sniper Assassin

Sheryl Crow?

Shame on me! I forgot all about that!

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
Quote from: strumbum21
they were nominated i think 4 best group.. at the last thing they presented at! i 4got what it was called! but.. they lost 2 freakin maroon 5!!

That award was for the World Music Awards.  They weren't nominated for any AMAs because the AMAs and Dick Clark suck.  Just wait until the Grammys...

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
:lol: man if I had local channels I would have watched grr. That's funny thought lol Thank God. Lol those guys r the best.

Offline spyce

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Sharisse
Not really a fan of most of the crap the AMAs call music, but it was worth it just to hear Duff say "thank god".  :lol:  

One thing I'm wondering is, VR haven't been nominated for anything in the US as far as awards go, so is it possible that it's too early to nominate them, and they'll be nominated next year?  Or are the award shows just retarded?  Anyone know?

lol that was funny.
i'm assuming it was in reference to the fact that avril didn't win. i was thinking the same thing. i would have shot myself if she had :P

also, i dunno why they aren't nominated for anything either. they should be, damnit. but maybe they just haven't broken big enough ground yet; i mean.. they say so on the awards show. awards are tabulated by # of albums sold and blah blah blah. i guess they just didn't sell enough to be nominated in anything. again, that really sucks because they're so full of talent and deserve every bit of recognition they can get :)

Offline GMS

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Velvet Revolver
They were definitely the best part of the show.  

^  :yes: ... 8)

VELVET REVOLVER RULES!!! :headbanger:

Offline JMLoud

• Straight Shooter
Scott looked like he didn't even want to be there with the band. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck his problem is.