Author Topic: 2004-12-01 - VH1 Big in '04 - Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA, USA  (Read 39403 times)

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
I'm looking forward to Green Day too hopefully they don't just play American Idiot

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
You know you're a real fan when you sit through this show just to see VR...

Offline vrjersey30d

• Straight Shooter

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
Quote from: vrjersey30d
Here they come....

yes! tell us everything! lol.. its on in an hour and 15 min 4 me!

Offline vrjersey30d

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: strumbum21
Quote from: vrjersey30d
Here they come....

yes! tell us everything! lol.. its on in an hour and 15 min 4 me!

I don't want to ruin for you guys in the other time zones, but they were awesome.  FTP was amazing.  Everytime I here that song I get the chills.  It was great.

Offline sludge factory

• Gunslinger
  • Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable. Scott looked good as usual.  :P

Offline Velvet Fuckin Revolver

• Pea Gun Newbie
awsome perfomance..VR ROCKED!!! :D

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
it was awesome how Tommy Lee introduced them! long like the Crue!

Offline Slim

• Straight Shooter
Yes, they definitely stole the show.

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
i heard they were the finale?!

damn i cant wait!!!

Offline _nightrain_

• Sniper Assassin
  • 14 years of silence.

Offline blumpkin6

• Straight Shooter
wow, by far the best performance i've seen from VR on any of the tv shows they've been on. i really can't think of one flaw from that.

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
Quote from: blumpkin6
wow, by far the best performance i've seen from VR on any of the tv shows they've been on. i really can't think of one flaw from that.

awsome news!!!!

how were scotts vocals?.. and slash's solo?.. and the rest of the band!?

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
It was their best television performance by far.  The sound was great.  Scott hit every note and you could tell how pleased he was with it at the end.

Offline gnrvrrule

• Pea Gun Newbie
Overall, great performance.  In the beginning, there were some MINOR errors, like Dave being ahead of the band once, but hardly noticeable.  Slash nailed the solo, Scott's vocals were great, and Slash and the rest of the boys were very emotional.  I noticed one thing on a side note; is it me, or did Slash have blue streaks on the end of his hair?  It definitely was not the lighting, and after looking at the pictures earlier on this thread, I noticed it again (on the bottom left of his hair, by his left shoulder).  Anyway, great performance, and the fact that they closed the show shows their popularity.

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
i was impresss oh and by the way how long has matt been wearing that shirt :?: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuw

Offline Big Dun

• Pea Gun Newbie
Just finished watching it, Man that has to be one of the most worst and pointless award shows ever made, and it made me want to throw up when paris hilton won an award for saying "that's hot"...Good ole VR pulled through and made the wait worth it, cause i had no idea when they were gonna come on...But they were awesome, And yeah, definitly best telvision appearence, they were incredible...LOVE THIS F*ING BAND!!!

Offline fretmasterflex24

• Pea Gun Newbie
ahh! i didnt read this! i just deleted a post i made about it...it was rockin! i didnt get to see them live when they came to chicago so it made my weekend....i love them...next time they come to chicago, im definitely going to be there!

Offline Smoking Guns

• Straight Shooter
By far the best TV performance for this band.  The sound was awesome and the solo was perfect.  I love Matt's drumming on this song.  Great camera angles.  Great everything.  Everyone did good.  I noticed Dave, or someone, being off for a second, the casual listener would not notice.  Fantastic performance.  I guess they are still tight with Tommy Lee.

Offline strumbum21

• Gunslinger
damn!!!!!

i wonna watch it!!

im very happy that VR did an excellent job!!!!

Offline RevolverRoses

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: Velvet Revolver

OMG! Well said Velvet Revolver!  

VR was frickin awesome!! I did notice a minor error in the beginning, but no big!! VR rocks!! and I love how Duff wore that Aerosmith shirt.........

Offline antisocialxgrl

• Sniper Assassin
  • Scott Weiland Fan
    • MySpace
Best FTP ever!

And my friends and I totally squeeled during the end credits - did you all see Scott totally just looking into the camera beaming?! It was so precious! I'm going to tape that part, since it is repeating right now.

:smitten:

True... at least Green Day was there as well.

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
the extra speakers sure made a difference...compared to the small Late Night show stages

Offline antisocialxgrl

• Sniper Assassin
  • Scott Weiland Fan
    • MySpace
:shock:

The friend I was with - her name is Erica Lyn (unsure of the spelling) and was born in '87...

Offline ambrosia

• Gunslinger
VR Rules!!!

Unbelievable performance, one of the greatest rock bands ever!  The crowd and Tommy Lee were really into it.