Author Topic: Questions/Comments for Matt ~  (Read 24739 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I'm starting a thread just for questions and comments for Matt since Duff mentioned that the band reads the board and so it might be easier for them to find then individual topics.  Keep in mind...as far as we know Matt is not a member of the board at this time.  Please refrain from comments about his personal life and relationships.

evie

Hi Matt. I noticed that you had a Norwegian flag by your drums at Řyafestivalen. Do you use to have the flag of the country you are in next to your drums?? Guess you must have a lot of flag, then  :roll:

Offline Cressida

• Sniper Assassin
I'd love to know what his favourite cymbals are and what sort of sticks he uses?

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
hey matt I just want to say you are doing a pretty good job. Maybe somday I will get to meet you.

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
and you are a very sweet nice guy. keep on lovin animals.

Offline ANDRES

• Pea Gun Newbie
HI MATT, I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT YOU`RE THE BEST DRUMMER I`VE SEEN AND HEARD I`VE BEEN A FAN OF  YOU SINCE YOU WERE IN THE CULT FOR FIRST TIME AND THAT`S WHY I DECIDED TO PLAY DRUMS AS WELL.
I`M SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ROCKIN` AND ROLLIN` AGAIN
I HAVE ONE QUESTION,ARE YOU GONNA START A SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH VR,IF SO WOULD YOU COME TO ECUADOR?  THAT WOULD BE COOL

Offline Good Grief

• Gunslinger
  • "Bow before Professor Chaos..."
Hello darling Matt. You rock. Keep on rockin! And you're cute but you probably get that a lot.

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
here is a question for matt :?: are you a big fan of the simpsons or king of the hill :?:

Offline isabelle_guns

• Sniper Assassin
  • Trying to live one beat at a time
    • http://www.lollypopshoved.com/LOLLYPOPSITE/duff.htm
How was drumming in Cult and Gn'r musically and technically different than what you're doing now with VR?

Offline ConsequentialAngel

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
Hi Matt! (aka, the most aewsome drummer that set foot on this planet)
I had a dream about you the other night. It was pretty damn nice.
I believe you were wearing a black shirt last time I saw you guys play and I was a bit disappointed at that. When you come to London on January 22nd, although it might be a bit chilly, will you drum with your shirt off please?  :D

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
Hey matt,

Just wanted to say that your backing vocals are a very important part of the live show and you do it great.

Also wanted to say that Set Me Free is a great riff and you should be proud of yourself.  Your musical talent is very underrated!

Cheers
Martin

Offline ConsequentialAngel

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
Also, being the kind, adorable, charming gentleman that we all know you are, would you be prepared to sign my picture of VR that my sister has won for me on Jan 22nd in London? (I dreamt that you we're going to do it in my dream but then it ended :( ) It's already signed by Duff and Slash, maybe Scott and Dave might too...if only.
(You can see it as my picture now by the way.)
I was really touched to hear about Drac. Pets and Grandparents really are those rock n' roll angels dude. It must be extremely hard for you to return home and him not being there to comfort you. Do you think you'll ever get another dog? Some pets are just irreplaceable.
Keep the faith  :wink:
Hayley

Offline guzma004

• Straight Shooter
hey matt, do you like to read books. I know I do. My favortie books is the little house series books by laura ingells wilder and I also like the t.v. show.

Offline Lady Goth

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://www.surfless.co.uk
hey matt,

i think that you are one hell of a dude!! you are the greatest drummer of all time, and such a great guy!

L.G.

p.s. you are really hot! x

Offline SLASH=COOL

• Sniper Assassin
How old were you when you started to play,drums and guitar?

Offline ErikaLynne

• Target Practice
    • my site
hey maaatt!!! i just wanted to say that you fucking OWN! your so fucking awesome and i LOVE VR!! yall kick so much hardcore ass haha Keep on rockin!! i love youuu!!!!!!

Offline stpilots98

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey duff I was just wondering why the band decided again Sucker Train Blues and went with Dirty Little Thing for the next single?

Offline hawaii

• Target Practice
hey honey u mean Matt? or don`t u

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Matt, if you are reading this now I just wanna say you rock and you are an inspiring and awsome drummer. You are one of my fav drummers and you have rocked a long way. See you next year with VR in feb :smitten:

Offline Loudlove

• Straight Shooter
Matt - As a drummer you are really talented/awesome and at the moment I'm learning drums and I think you are insperational for me aswell as other people who are considering learning the drums and the work you do with VR really stands out in your drumming aswell as what you did with GNR. You really are a amazing drummer and I'll be seeing you in Feb next year with the rest of VR. 8)

Take Care & my love goes out to you and your family. :smitten:

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Hiya Matt,
This isn't a question just a statement but I thought if you did ever read anything on here it would be the questions for you.

Thank you ever so much for making the time at concerts etc to meet your fans.  I think its so great that you actually spent a long time outside the back doors at the Manchester Apollo gig (september 1st 2004).  I got some gorgeous photo's of you!!!!,  I never noticed until I saw you at the gig just how hot you are!!!!!!!!!.

Anyway, thank you so much and keep rocking 'cos you are one mighty drummer.

Love & Respect.

Kathy x x x x x

Offline adlerfan_drummer

• Straight Shooter
  • just because ur winnin don't mean ur the lucky one
hey matt you rock. goin to c you in dublin on jan 12th. do u guys hang around afterwards? im lookin an autograph. youre one of my main influences when i drum

Offline ben785

• Pea Gun Newbie
I'm sure this has already been said numerous times, but Matt, you are undoubtedly one of the greatest drummers of all time. The upmost respect and appreciation and gratitude to you for the inspiration by your awesome work on the Velvet Revolver album and previously with Guns N Roses. I am a guitar player but I don't think there is a (musical) soul out there who wouldn't be moved to at least sit behind a drum kit for one day after seeing you rattle those drums with such precision and passion and force.

All the best for you in the future, and I look forward to seeing you onstage in Sydney next month

Keep up the great work sir

Regards,
Ben

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Matt! i just wanna say you and VR rocked when you guys came to Auckland 19 feb, and when i watched you live it was amazing, even though i was at front view i couldnt really see i had moved after a while and than went into the moshpit where i could see you more clear. i must say it has been one of the fucking greatest nights of all time for me. just seeing you in reality because your such an awsome drummer. well love you guys and keep rocking :smitten:  :headbanger:

Offline Loudlove

• Straight Shooter
Hey Matt! :wave:

I saw you at the VR show in Auckland and you rocked heaps!! I was at the front row and even though I couldn't see you much when I moved to the back I got a better view of you on drums and you were awesome!! totally rocked! I saw you throw one of your drumsticks out to the crowd and I wish I had been there at the right time to catch it but whoever got it must have been one hell of a lucky person! you are awesome!! :cool:

Love ya and keep up all the good work!
Take Care now!! :smitten: