Author Topic: Questions/Comments for Dave ~  (Read 23982 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I'm starting a thread just for questions and comments for Dave so it might be easier to find then individual topics.

Offline SLASH=COOL

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Dave if you ever come in to this topic....umm a question

How are you doing,with the band and all?its kinda corny but i dont know what else to say....

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Dave - when are you guys coming to Fargo and can I have a set of guitar picks from the band?   :D

Offline Sweet~Slash

• Sniper Assassin
hi dave i just wanted to know when are u guys coming back to los angeles to do a gig?

Offline Cressida

• Sniper Assassin
Quote from: Velvet Revolver
Dave - when are you guys coming to Fargo and can I have a set of guitar picks from the band?   :D

Now now, that's NOT fair! if you're getting guitar picks, I'd better get some too! I've been gathering up quite a few recently, but I would love some VR ones to add to the collection!

Anyway, I'd like to know ... there's a particular sound in STB especially, but it's spread throughout the album in a few places, that sounds like a really long sustained wail on guitar! I don't even know how to describe it! It kicks in in Sucker Train Blues, in Scott's talking bit/outro where he says the "would be worse than dying" line and there's a really cool guitar effect that pulls the song back into the chorus and I've been messing about with all my effects and can't work out what the hell it is! I think it's from your guitar and not Slash's but I could be wrong... So cutting long short, what is it?!

Offline darthaero85

• Pea Gun Newbie
I know I already have a thread about this, but I posted that BEFORE the official comments/questions for Dave.  So here it is again, just in case Duff reads this thread:

Dave, I think you're really cool that you actually browse these forums and reply to people's requests. Anyways, me and my group of friends are an underground film group in the Chicago suburbs, and when we had our first screening (with much success), we tried to promote people to sign the guestbook to show that we have an audience. However, not too many people have signed it. I thought if a celebrity signed it, we could get some attention. Just go to www.freewebs.com/filmclass and you don't have to leave an email address or anything, just signing the G-book would be the coolest thing in the world. Please come to Chicago soon, me and my friends are dying to see you and VR in concert!!!! You guys rock!!!!

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
dave i want 1 of ur hats-what make r they n where did ya get em from...also.... any chance of a few pics with u when u come 2 birmingham uk -itl b my birthday and i missed out when i saw u at the virgin signing all though u did sign my picture in cool gold and when i shouted u u did acknowledge me so im appreciative of that.
DAVE U ROCK KEEP IT UP MAN-WITHOUT U VR WOULD B NOTHING!

Offline KOL

• Gunslinger
  • What a waster,what a fuckin waster!
Quote from: velvet_revolver_fan01

DAVE U ROCK KEEP IT UP MAN-WITHOUT U VR WOULD B NOTHING!

not to sure about that but VR sure wouldn't be as good a band as they are now.

P.S Dave Kushner=up and coming guitar legend :headbanger:

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
ILLIEGAL I SONG ,SLITHER,BIG MACHINE =WITHOUT DAVE......

dave makes vr he brings something new 4 every1 that is irresplaceable.
izzy and gilby were kick ass guitarists but daves style is so much better and idvidual and only he can do it....
VR WITHOUT MR KUSHNER WOULD NOT BE THE SAME OR THAT GOOD!

Offline AustinRocker

• Straight Shooter
Dave, you kicked SO much ass in Austin on Monday (Nov. 2nd)! I was right up front and I blew kisses to you and you handed me your pick XD

Well, I love you SO MUCH! you are so fucking amazing.

Offline Velvet-Kitty-Kat

• Straight Shooter
Hi, I just wanted to post and say it was great meeting you in Memphis Saturday afternoon before the show in Southaven. You were wonderful to let us stop you and take photos with us! It looked like you were on a mission though, I hope you found what you were looking for! 8)
Thanks again, it really meant alot!!

Offline Hoochie

• Straight Shooter
I must second this!!  What a great time that was!  Thanks Dave for being such a nice guy!!

Dave certainly managed to smitten one kitten (VelvetKat)!! :wink:  :lol:

Offline Velvet-Kitty-Kat

• Straight Shooter
hehehe Holly! He does have a great aura about him!! :D

Offline ThereYouAre

• Pea Gun Newbie
Many thanks from me too, Dave.  The three of us were so happy to see what a nice person you really are!

Offline velvetchk

• Unloaded
HI DAVE -

I WENT TO THE SHOW IN PHILADELPHIA, I WAS IN FRONT WHERE YOU STAND, YOU GAVE A LITTLE BOY BESIDE ME A COUPLE OF GUITAR PICKS, I THOUGHT THAT WAS VERY NICE OF YOU.  I WILL BE SEEING YOU AGAIN IN APRIL WHEN YOU COME TO WASHINGTON D.C.  THE SHOW WAS GREAT!

THANKS ALOT
VELEVETCHK

Offline ErikaLynne

• Target Practice
    • my site
Hey daave! just wanted to say that you fucking rock! you bring such an amazing element to this amaaaaaaaaazing aamaaaazing band!! i love VR and u of course! keep on playing gut busting rock-n-r0o0o00ollll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline edge

• Straight Shooter
Hey Dave if you ever come in here , could you answer this question?

Does hideto actually have a son or is it a rumour?'

And what was life like in Zilch.

Offline wolfphy

• Target Practice
Dave,

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at the Toronto Show.  You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!

Offline Slash_Me

• Gunslinger
  • "you want to borrow me?"
Dave, you're an awesome guitarist and i have immense respect for you!
You rawwwk! :)
Look forward to seeing you guys playin in the UK again! :)

Offline JohnnyAce

• Pea Gun Newbie
was wondering, you had lots of fam n friends at the starlandballroom show back months ago in sayerville....btw, awesome show!

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Dave just wanted to say you are awsome and a great guitarist. You make VR look great aswell. You rock! & cant wait to see you and VR next feb :smitten:

Offline Loudlove

• Straight Shooter
Dave - Being a guitarist in VR I think you rock and your amazing aswell as talented! I think your an awesome guitarist and like Slash you also put alot of energy into your guitaring to produce the energetic/great sound that VR has. I think VR wouldn't be the same without you because you are now officially a part of VR and your talent can truly shine aswell as the rest of the band members and their talent as musicians. I will see you in Feb with the rest of VR on stage!! :smitten:

Take Care & my love goes out to you and your family. :)

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Hiya Dave,
1) How does it feel to be in a band that is OBVIOUSLY going to be the biggest band in years?,,,,,,,,,,Does it feel wierd that after all the years of hard work that its finally beginning to pay off- ie- finally getting the recognition you deserve as a brilliant musician?.

2)Whats the strangest/best experience you have had since being together as a band?.

Love to you and the ones you love........

Kathy x x

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Me again............

Thanks for a great gig @ Manchester (september 1st 2004)

See you in Manchester (jan 16th 2005).

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Dave again, was i really the last person here, hehe, well its been feb 19 and i must say you and VR fucking rocked. I was lucky to recive the front row and honestly i had so much fun. Your a great guitarist and all of you kicked ass. i was the one with the pink top if you ever saw me down there at the row. keep rocking with VR :headbanger: