Author Topic: 2004-11-24 - Late Night with Conan O'Brien - NBC Studios, New York City, NY, USA  (Read 42321 times)

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: lyns78
In the States you can use the term bitch on tv/radio (usually), but censors have never allowed them to use fuck, fuckers, motherfucker, etc.  Basically it's just degrees of vulgarity I guess you could say.  But then I remember when the only words they could use were hell and damn.  Since my own childhood the censors have really lightened up actually.  Though since Janet's "nipplegate" controversy they are beginning to tighten down on it all.

If that made any sense at all! LOL!

do you know why?

because of the chirstain based politics that run our country and isnt based on fair democracy. the european union is way way way more liberal and more awesoem than the us, cencorshipwise

Offline lyns78

• Target Practice
Europe's always been more liberal.  But personally, I appreciate that I can walk with my niece and nephew down the street and not have to worry about them seeing naked pictures out on the sidewalk the way you can in Europe.  People should have the choice to hear or see what they choose.  I choose to listen and love VR, but most of my family would not.

Of course I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours...that's the beauty of democracy.  :wink:

Offline zepsun

• Pea Gun Newbie
lol..america is so fucked up

They censor natural parts of the body from being seen, however you can clearly see people being blown to bits, kneeling down waiting for their head to be hacked off, and guns held to ppl's heads...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, I'd rather see people having sex than getting their heads blown off, as well, I think sex is far less traumatic.

That last post was just full of stupidity...
I'd rather my kid seeing a naked body than seeing blood and guts.

edit: and ppl wonder why there is a higher percentage of violent deaths related to gunfire in America than any other country...hmmm

Offline Buick~Makane

• Pea Gun Newbie
I liked the perfomance a lot.  Even though I didn't get to hear much of Sucker Train Blues, it was pretty sweet to hear some of it.  It sounded so cool... 8)

Offline lyns78

• Target Practice
They censor natural parts of the body from being seen, however you can clearly see people being blown to bits, kneeling down waiting for their head to be hacked off, and guns held to ppl's heads...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, I'd rather see people having sex than getting their heads blown off, as well, I think sex is far less traumatic.

1. My kids have never seen such violence and we go out of our way to make sure they don't.

2. What you want your children exposed to is entirely your choice and what I want mine exposed to is mine.  I don't judge you for yours so how dare you judge me for mine.

3. People who can't debate a topic or issue without name-calling have no place in a civilized conversation.

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
lol, I love conan he's fucking great. Man I'm so pissed off I missed it damn local channels!

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: zepsun
lol..america is so fucked up

edit: and ppl wonder why there is a higher percentage of violent deaths related to gunfire in America than any other country...hmmm

its also lettign kids play these mind fucks of grand theft auto games. ever wonder where columbine was inspired.

so what give the kids a lil sex, its the religious way, it the american way, excuse me should be the american way

Offline Dana

• Gunslinger
I have yet to see the Conan performance. But I recorded the Leno performance on the end of one older vhs and I played it now and thereīs STPīs Revolution (from that NYC Lennon concert) recorded right before it. Itīs interesting to watch it - the differences  :D and I must admit, that I like that Revolution performance better.

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
thats because scott was under the influence, and not so servous about the stuation

Offline zepsun

• Pea Gun Newbie
[quote="lyns78]
1. My kids have never seen such violence and we go out of our way to make sure they don't.

2. What you want your children exposed to is entirely your choice and what I want mine exposed to is mine.  I don't judge you for yours so how dare you judge me for mine.

3. People who can't debate a topic or issue without name-calling have no place in a civilized conversation.[/quote]

How sure are you they never see such violence? Do you monitor what they watch at their friends' houses? Or what they see on TV when you're cooking dinner etc... you can't keep your eye on he ball every second.

This is why it should be far more acceptable to see a naked body than to see blood.  Nudity is how we are born, how humans began, it is natural.
What is going to happen if a child sees a naked body or people having sex?..Maybe ask questions.."oh but then that makes the parent feel uncomfortable because they have to answer the questions..."

As for name calling...I didn't call you names...I just said your post, to put it simply, is stupid.

Offline lyns78

• Target Practice
You know what....whatever you want to think man.  The nude pictures were just the first example that came to my mind of the differences between a more liberal Europe and a more conservative U.S.  By no means would I ever accuse America of being perfect, then again Europe's no angel herself.  But whatever.

I refuse to fight with someone over the internet that I don't even know.  You have your opinion, I have mine...end of discussion.

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:12:58 PM by Velvet-Rocker »

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Again...back on topic please!

Offline Velvet-Rocker

• Straight Shooter
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:13:08 PM by Velvet-Rocker »

Offline Erika

• Target Practice
It was great but Slash looked weird. Kind of... big.

And did Duff spit on Scott?
 :?:

Offline Sham

• Straight Shooter
    • myspace
Quote from: Erika
It was great but Slash looked weird. Kind of... big.
And did Duff spit on Scott?
 :?:

haha, in that case i must have missed that.
Both Slash and Scott were doing these funny dances..slash kinda jumpin.. :wink:

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
I think Scott's looking like no rocknroll. But he was great singing. Sucker Train blues will Kick Ass.

Offline Route66

• Pea Gun Newbie
Ok dont shoot me its my first post on this forum...  :lol:

Did anyone notice how there seemed to be harmonies coming from no where during the Conan performance. I mean.. Duff or Matt usually sing with Scott but on this show the harmonies were happening... but no one was singing with Scott... It was very clear on the TV.

All i can think of is that Scott uses a vocal harmony effect or that someone else was singing with him. I reckon the voice sounded different to Scott so that may rule out a harmony effect but then again i just dont know. Has anyone else noticed this? Watch it again if you dont believe me especially near the end of it.

I'm not slagging them off in any way either. I just want to know because i'm a nosy fucker  8)

Roll on the VR tour of the UK. I'm off to see them for the second time in January!!!

Offline downdowndown

• Target Practice
I WANTED TO POST THE SAME!!!! lol
i saw that too, yes.. and i was wondering too!
everything seemed to be live except for the backing vocals.. very weird...

Offline The Red Scare

• Pea Gun Newbie
The only time there were harmonies was when Matt was providing them.  Scott had a little reverb on, but that sounds nothing like harmony.

Offline Silverchair

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.chairpage.com
I don't know why, but evertime they've played a T.V gig, they haven't sounded the greatest....?

Offline RevolverRoses

• Straight Shooter
I saw all of the harmonies coming from Matt, or atleast, I thought I did...who knows? I can't remember Duff doing any, but it's been like 2 weeks.......

Offline Route66

• Pea Gun Newbie
Seriously.. i can hear harmonies and sometimes Matt sings them or Duff but there are a lot of places near the end where neither is singing with Scott yet there are Harmonies?!?!?! :shock:

Sometimes you get a shot of the full band and NO ONE is singing with Scott.

If you dont believe me download the video from here http://www.belowempty.com/vr/downloads.php