Author Topic: Reunited....  (Read 4611 times)

Offline bknouse86

• Target Practice
http://1057thex.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=168&itemid=29847735

Frontman Scott Weiland Back with Velvet Revolver, Band to Tour Later This Year
Good news for fans of Velvet Revolver: the band has reunited with frontman Scott Weiland.  In an interview with ABC News Radio, Weiland says that he’s happy to be back making music with the band.  “We’ve all grown a lot,” explains Weiland.  “We’re able to put egos and differences and old…conflicts aside and so that’s really cool.”

Weiland added that VR has already begun the writing process for their third studio album.  “They gave me a couple of songs and myself and [guitarist] Dave [Kushner] and [bassist] Duff [McKagan] are gonna be getting together for a song writing session next week,” reveals Weiland.

In addition, the singer says that VR will soon be hitting the road for a short tour before the end of the year once [guitarist] Slash finishes supporting his second solo album, Apocalyptic Love.  “Slash’s solo album gets released [on May 22] and so he’s gonna do some touring on that and then we’re gonna go and do some [Velvet Revolver] shows in the later part of summer into early fall.”

In other VR news, the band will be releasing a new live DVD on May 25.  Titled Let It Roll -- Live in Germany, it documents the band’s 2008 performance at the Palladium in Cologne, Germany for the German TV series Rockpalast.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Chili

• Sniper Assassin
I just listened to the sound file posted in the link by libvrtad. Sounds like there was a misunderstanding. :( It is possible that some of them get to work on a song, without the band reuniting.
After all this time, I find it more and more difficult to trust news on reunion and new singers, etc.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/velvet-revolver-scott-weiland-reunion/

Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver To Reunite for New Album and Tour

The man chosen to replace Scott Weiland as frontman for Velvet Revolver is … Scott Weiland. The oft-troubled singer is back with the band, and they’re making new music with an eye on a third studio album.

During an interview with ABC News Radio, Weiland talked about how far the band has already progressed. “They gave me a couple of songs and myself and Dave (guitarist Dave Kushnter) and Duff (bassist Duff McKagan) are gonna be getting together for a song writing session next week.”

Before the end of 2012, the band will be hitting the road. It won’t be until after Slash finishes touring in support of his upcoming solo album ‘Apocalyptic Love,’ which hits stores on May 22. Weiland said late summer or early fall is a fair timetable for a few live dates.

“We’ve all grown a lot,” the singer says about the past turbulence which split the band up. ”We’re able to put egos and differences and old … conflicts aside and so that’s really cool.”

The band has been on hiatus since 2008 when Weiland was let go after a series of conflicts and his arrest for driving under the influence of drugs. Corey Taylor of Slipknot was mentioned as a potential replacement, but reportedly Slash wasn’t on board with that decision. Just two weeks ago Weiland and Matt Sorum speculated that a reunion would be possible.

Here's another "source" but first Slash and now Duff's tweet...I'm not going to guess what will happen next.

Offline bknouse86

• Target Practice
Sheesh.. I know it's easy for me to say, but they should just make this happen. It's been over four years and they still don't have a suitable replacement. It wouldn't be vr without Scott anyways. So just get on with it already and make some more kick ass rock and roll.

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
From an interview before the House of Blues show:

The Grammy-winning band, now on tour to promote its second album, “Libertad,” plans to record its third album after singer Weiland completes a summer reunion tour with his previous group, Stone Temple Pilots.

“It won't impact Velvet Revolver,” Slash said of the reunion, “not unless something more than that happens. Velvet Revolver is all-consuming.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20080207-9999-1w07revolver.html

IMO Scott is just keeping to his words maybe he took his time about it.. like nearly 4 years  :lol: but it worries me that Slash is not on board  :( I hope he comes around and everyone can put the past behind them and go on and make a great 3rd Album I know they still have it in them..

STP was only supposed to be a few Short summer gigs anyway.. I donno guess we will just have to wait and see.. going to see Slash n Co next month in London and I'm really looking forward to it  :grin:

Offline bknouse86

• Target Practice
I saw the opening night of this tour in Baltimore and the show was really good. It's no VR show, but it was up there.. Setlist included 4 VR songs, 5 GNR tunes, 3 snakepit songs, and 8 off the solo records. 

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
Slash better be on board or im going to lose it..

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Scott was talking shit. Neither Slash or Duff knew anything about it.

Offline gotfiddle

• Straight Shooter
    • http://www.groups.msn.com/infinityblues
Let's face it. Slash doesn't need to be part of a supergroup anymore. Guitar Hero made him a household name all over again. He's pretty much on top of the world right now and is finally running the show and not having to put up with band BS and prima dona singers. Velvet Revolver is either finished or moving on without Slash.