Author Topic: Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’ + Reaffirms His Desire to Reunit  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-calls-guns-n-roses-lineup-hacks-reaffirms-his-desire-to-reunite-at-rock-hall/

Steven Adler Calls Guns N’ Roses Lineup ‘Hacks’ + Reaffirms His Desire to Reunite at Rock Hall

The firestorm of the Guns N’ Roses ‘will they, won’t they?’ saga continues to gather fuel as former GN’R drummer Steven Adler calls the current Guns N’ Roses lineup ‘Axl and His Hacks,’ while once again declaring his advocacy of an ‘Appetite for Destruction’-era reunion at the band’s upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

We exclusively broke the news on Tuesday (March 27) that Slash “would love to” reunite at the Rock Hall induction ceremony. The next day, Adler responded to Slash’s decree by also stating that he wants the reunion to happen.

Now, in another Loudwire exclusive, we’ve got the latest update on ‘Guns-gate’ with our interview with Steven Adler, which occurred this very evening.

“If it was up to me, we would have been playing for the fans a long time ago,” says Adler. “Unfortunately, I have no say in that. I’m behind it 100 percent … 111 percent! Put it this way; if the five original GN’R guys don’t get up there and play, I’m going up there just on the drum set and playing a couple of songs from ‘Appetite for Destruction.’ It’s for the fans. To me it’s just a rock ‘n’ roll band, but it’s a rock ‘n’ roll band that I’ve gotten so much love and respect from all over the world.”

“He’s my brother. I know he’s up to it,” Adler says about Slash and the Rock Hall reunion. “He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]‘s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band — his band of hacks. ‘Axl and His Hacks’ — it shouldn’t even be Guns N’ Roses. He’s just driving that name into the freakin’ ground. ‘Axl and His Hacks.’

Adler continued, “My grandmother always said, “Time heals all wounds.” Slash and Axl are one to each other. It’s not like one of them slept with one of them’s wives or anything — an Steved even that’s forgivable after a while. There is no reason to be upset.”

Yeah I can see how this is going to make a reunion happen...not.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Good job Steven!

There goes that.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Thing is...Axl probably wasn't gonna make the reunion happen there anyways, and hasn't been doing anything to make it happen...so whatever.   

Yea it was kind of in bad taste, though.   I do love how outspoken Adler is...it's actually one of my favorite traits about him.  This just made things a lot more interesting  :lol:

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Prick. That's all there is to say about that.

That and Slash and his "It should just be the five of us, but two other guys are coming" comment have pissed me off lately. Just the gall of writing them off as "two other guys" as if he doesn't even know who they are (when one of them is supposed to be his friend)...

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172026&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Accepts STEVEN ADLER's Apology For 'Hacks' Comment

Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead, has accepted original GN'R drummer Steven Adler's apology for referring to the current GUNS lineup as a "band of hacks."

In an interview with Loudwire conducted on Thursday, March 29, Adler spoke about his desire to see the original lineup for GUNS N' ROSES perform at the band's upcoming induction into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, saying that he and fellow ex-GUNS N' ROSES member, Slash, would love to take the stage with their former bandmates once again.

"[Slash is] my brother. I know he's up to it," Adler said. "He wants to do it. I want to do it. Just from what I hear, Izzy [Stradlin]'s not gonna show up and Axl will probably want to play with his hack band — his band of hacks. 'Axl and His Hacks' — it shouldn't even be GUNS N' ROSES. He's just driving that name into the freakin' ground. 'Axl and His Hacks.'"

Earlier today, Adler released a statement in which he apologized for yesterday's comments, explaining, "Sometimes my emotions get the best of me when talking about my former band. It's hard to see your ex in bed with somebody else. We created one of the biggest-selling debut albums of all time and it's no secret that I want to finish what we started 25 years ago and play together at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. The guys that Axl has put together are all great players. They're not hacks in the sense that they can't play, they're all incredible musicians. I just meant that they are not the original lineup. I would like to apologize to Axl, Bumblefoot, D.J., Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Chris for my statement."

After reading Adler's apology, Thal responded on his Facebook page, "All good, bro. Thanks so much. We all just want to make music and make people happy. As far as all the GN'R hoopla, I'd rather it be what connects us than what separates us. You and I played together in Chicago a few years ago (I was jammin' with Lita Ford) and you guys were great. I won't be at Hall Of Fame. If you go, please give everyone a big hello for me."

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots

That and Slash and his "It should just be the five of us, but two other guys are coming" comment have pissed me off lately. Just the gall of writing them off as "two other guys" as if he doesn't even know who they are (when one of them is supposed to be his friend)...

I didn't see the Slash comment, but I agree with your sentiment. Especially after years and years of trying to distance yourself from something, to then pull the elitist card out and act like that is pretty silly.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin

Dizzy is a fucking hanger on...and Sorum doesn't really need to be there either.  Adler fucking rocks.  He's even more badass than Axl. 

So what are the odds on Axl showing up???....I say he don't!

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
I will say this though, there is a saying "never let the drummer talk" and it seems to be proven here.  At least Frank Ferrer has figured that part out :lol: