Author Topic: MLB 2012  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I don't know if there are any baseball fans left around these parts, but if there are...thoughts on the upcoming season?

I'm giddy with excitement at the changes and additions the Blue Jays have made and can't wait to see them in regular season action. That said, they're likely going to be worked over, and over, and over by Tampa Bay this year; just like almost everyone else. Either way, it's looking to be one of the more exciting seasons in some years now.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I guess I'm the only one. Won't be the first conversation I've had with myself.

The Blue Jays set a franchise record in the pre season with a 21-4 record.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Good for the Blue Jays. Not much of a baseball fan but I am sure that this will start heating up soon due to the season and such.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I doubt it. Ever since the strike a couple decades ago, the MLB has never been the same. The fanfare for baseball has definitely died away. I still love it. Grew up watching and playing it, and I find it relaxing. What's nicer on a lazy summer afternoon than to throw some music on, crack a nice, cold beer and watch the ball game?

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Yea I need to get cable, even if it's basic cable over here.  Would be fun to watch some games.   Out here in Cali we got The Dodgers (ehhhh), The A's :| and I guess The Giants and The Angels are the better ones.  Probably will root for The Angels. 

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Baseball was the only sport that we were allowed to participate in. We used to watch the games on TV. We used to actually buy tickets to go see the Braves play when I was younger. I miss those days! :(  I agree. So many summer memories....I miss my Mama's lemonade while we used to play at the park. :(  :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
The Dodgers are up for sale too! Last I heard Magic Johnson was looking to buy in.

The Braves have sort of fell off the face of the map again. Plus Chipper Jones is retiring at the end of the season, so that's not gonna help. That guy is one helluva franchise player.

I wouldn't expect any of the California teams to do anything special this year.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Not much hope for the Braves. In most sports, I usually go for the under dog. I was happy to see Detroit make it to the play-offs this past year.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I'm looking forward to the Yankees getting stomped on by several teams this year. It's nice to see the perennial winners get shut down from time to time.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I hate just about every New York team! :lol: Never been a Yankees fan. :no:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I like seeing dynasty teams of any kind have to go through periods of rebuilding. Not only does it help even out the game but it keeps things interesting.

This year is going to be great for fans of the Blue Jays and Tampa Bay especially, plus the Red Sox are still going strong...it should be an interesting season.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
I like The Phillies too, especially J Roll (Jimmy Rollins). 

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
The Blue Jays just won in the bottom of the 16th inning. Cool way to start the season, I guess. Longest season opener in history. They showed some serious, SERIOUS signs of life this year.

Between Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston and Detroit alone it'll be a rockin' season.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
The Jays look decent so far. I'm diggin' it.

The Yankees/Orioles game got some serious rain and hail.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
It's tied at 2 in the bottom of the 3rd.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Well the Jays had an epic outing at KC. The NYY had an amazing comeback. 15 unanswered runs in 3 innings is ridiculous. Not as much as pitching a perfect game though, a la Chicago White Sox. Was a good day for baseball.