Author Topic: Stargate  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
Anyone else missing the Stargate franchise?

SGU might not have been as good as SG-1 - not even close - but despite a few unfortunate casting decisions, I think it's a damn shame that the show was cancelled prematurely. Especially considering the promising development at the end of season 2...

I know the Stargate franchise was an expensive production, and SGU failed to live up to SG-1 and Atlantis' ratings, but if the network executives' expectations is for another Battlestar Galactica every time they launch a new show in the genre, I guess we'll never see another show like the Stargate series again :(

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I have all the DVDs. ALL of them. The show was awesome.

I still prefer the movie, because Kurt Russell is bad ass, but the series was supremely enjoyable.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I miss Battlestar Galactica but Caprica just wasn't up to it's standards.  Haven't watched Stargate.  Hmmm why am I in this thread then? 

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
The most criminally cancelled and underrated show was Firefly.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
I have all the DVDs. ALL of them. The show was awesome.

I still prefer the movie, because Kurt Russell is bad ass, but the series was supremely enjoyable.

James Spader was 'the shit' in that too....and pretty much everything that he is in.   Never really got into the show for some reason though. 

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
I have all the DVDs. ALL of them.

Infinity too?

The most criminally cancelled and underrated show was Firefly.

Yeah, Firefly should never have been cancelled, but unlike SGU, at least it got a somewhat acceptable ending with Serenity. Personally, I would probably give that title to Space: Above And Beyond.

I miss Battlestar Galactica but Caprica just wasn't up to it's standards.

Nothing will measure up to BSG, and that's probably part of the reason I've had Caprica lying around for a couple of years without watching it yet...

Haven't watched Stargate.

Stargate and SG-1 in particular is one of my all-time favourite TV series. It's not just because of "MacGyver" it became the longest-running sci-fi series on television and spawned two TV-movies and two spin off series (three if you count Infinity), so I can definitely recommend that you check out the pilot episode(s): Children of the Gods. Make sure you watch the original cut though.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Oh I forgot about the animated series. No, I don't have those.