Author Topic: 'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars' Tour To Be Officially Announced This Thursday  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170288&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD)
* Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
* Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES)
* Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA)
* Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH)
* Ed Roland (COLLECTIVE SOUL)
* Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)
* Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL)
* Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS)
* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

Despite the fact that he was previously announced as one of the musicians taking part in the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour, former METALLICA and VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted will **NOT** be making an appearance at the event.

Promoter Gabe Reed will host a press conference to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May 2012 on Thursday, March 1 at 12:00 p.m. PST at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California. Also expected to attend the press conference are Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others. (**Important**: This event is open to members of the media only.)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170524
Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference earlier today (Thursday, March 1) at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May 2012. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.

Commented Bach: "For me to be the singer in Gene Simmons' first-EVER side project is amazing to me! Dreams come true, indeed. If you would have told me when I was a boy that some day Gene Simmons, Glenn Hughes and myself would be in a band together, my reply would have been, No, we will not,' and I would have been wrong, haha!! See you soon Central and South America!! We are gonna rock the best of KISS, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES, SKID ROW and DEF LEPPARD! See you soon on tour!!!"

Despite the fact that he was previously announced as one of the musicians taking part in the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour, former METALLICA and VOIVOD bassist Jason Newsted will **NOT** be making an appearance at the event.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

DATE

CITY

VENUE

04/19

Asuncion, Paraguay

Jockey Club

04/21

Sao Luis, Brazil

Metal Open Air Festival

04/23

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Club Geba

04/25

Santiago, Chile

Movistar Arena

04/27

Lima, Peru

Explanada Monumental

04/29

Quito, Ecuador

TBA

05/01

Guatemala City, Guatemala

Mundo E

05/03

San Jose, Costa Rica

Stadium Suprisa

05/04

Panama City, Panama

Figali Convention Center

05/05

Bogota, Columbia

Hipodromo De Los Andes

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170806&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

'Rock 'N' Roll Allstars' Tour: Tentative Setlist Revealed - Mar. 7, 2012 

Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour will hit the road in South and Central America in April/May.

Described as a live show unlike any before, Rock 'N' Roll Allstars will include appearances by the following musicians:

* Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 19 - Asuncion, Paraguay - Jockey Club
Apr. 21 - Sao Luis, Brazil - Metal Open Air Festival
Apr. 23 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Club Geba
Apr. 25 - Santiago, Chile - Movistar Arena
Apr. 27 - Lima, Peru - Explanada Monumental
Apr. 29 - Quito, Ecuador – [to be announced]
May 01 - Guatemala City, Guatemala - Mundo E
May 03 - San Jose, Costa Rica - Stadium Suprisa
May 04 - Panama City, Panama - Figali Convention Center
May 05 - Bogota, Colombia - Hipodromo De Los Andes

According to South American promoter Premier Producciones, the tentative setlist for the May 1 show in Guatemala City, Guatemala will be as follows:

Duff McKagan:

* It's So Easy

Sebastian Bach:

* Welcome To The Jungle
* I Remember You
* Youth Gone Wild
* Whole Lotta Love
* Crazy Train

Glenn Hughes:

* Highway Star
* Burn
* Smoke On The Water
* Firewoman
* Wildflower

Ed Roland:

* Shine
* Rebel Yell
* Man In A Box (with Glenn Hughes)

Gilby Clarke:

* Knockin’ On Heavens Door

Joe Elliott:

* Animal
* All The Young Dudes
* Sugar
* Tie Your Mother Down

Gene Simmons:

* Deuce
* Doctor Love
* I Love It Loud
* Cold Gin
* Rock And Roll All Nite

To be announced:

* Paradise City

Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference on Thursday, March 1 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.

Commented Bach: "For me to be the singer in Gene Simmons' first-EVER side project is amazing to me! Dreams come true, indeed. If you would have told me when I was a boy that some day Gene Simmons, Glenn Hughes and myself would be in a band together, my reply would have been, No, we will not,' and I would have been wrong, haha!! See you soon Central and South America!! We are gonna rock the best of KISS, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES, SKID ROW and DEF LEPPARD! See you soon on tour!!!"

Added Hughes: "It's going to be quite a spectacle. For me, this collective of rockers is a fan's dream come true. It's a great lineup with players from a lot of great bands."

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Would be cool if Duff, Matt and Gilby shared the stage for the GNR songs.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
That looks cool.

Funny that they had to fill in Sebastian Bach's list with other people's hits so his one didn't seem lonely.  :lol:

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Well, technically He has two hits on his set. :wink:  Youth Gone Wild came before I Remember You.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I wasn't really counting I Remember You.

Seriously though, this'd be really cool. Baz aside, I'd definitely check this out.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
I don't remember "I Don't Remember You"  :lol:  I just know 18 and Life, and Youth Gone Wild.   Oh well, looks like Baz will finally get his dream of playing with VR lol maybe it will be an audition of sorts?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
18 And Life is the only Skid Row song I ever liked. It'd be worth it just for the epic jams.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Quit being a Baz Hater! :lol:  He was really good  LIVE when he was younger. I know for a fact, they blew Bon Jovi off the stage when they toured together. :wink:  For the most part, the line-up is not interesting at all  IMAO.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Yes in '89. Very memorable. I saw Skid Row twice after that and their performance was not that great. :-(  Similar to what I  have experienced with Slipknot,  Slayer, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Metallica and so on and so forth. :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Huh. I saw him in 2010 and cringed the whole time.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Alot can happen in 21 years. :lol:  I just can't believe that he's still around.  :-\

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
Skid Row were probably badass back in the day.  I saw Sebastian open for GNR in 2006.  I got there halfway through their set, but it was still alright.   He gets into it, and I'm sure there are worse out there.  He IS high energy lol

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Rehearsal Rock N Roll Allstars . Getting ready. Duffy and Inez

Check out the Ludwigs for RNR Allstars.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Check this out Ready to rock it w/ @ortsbo at the #RNRAllstars tour. LIVE backstage we answer your Q's in 53 languages! April 23 @ 6pm http://bit.ly/HCpr0q

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Please follow new Rock N roll allstars twitter n members @OfficialRNRAS @genesimmons @gilbyclarke @duffmckagan @glenn_hughes @mattsorum @sebastianbach @billyduffyandaj @mikeinez

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
We have landed safely in Paraguay! See you at the kickoff of the tour tomorrow night!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
daniella clarke‏@FrankieBJean

just found out we wont be going to Brazil. Show is cancelled ! sorry Brazil, wish we could have been there.spending the day off in Paraguay.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
The first time together! Photo by Diana Milena

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
"Rock N' Roll Allstars are saddened to annouce the cancellation of our performance at Metal Open Air Festival in Sao Luis, Brazil.

We regret not being able to attend. We are in South America and are ready to rock, but the circumstances are beyond our control: We were informed before flying to Brazil today that many other artists have pulled out of the event, as well as local security. We are very concerned for the safety of the fans and artists whom are already at the festival.

We are receiving confirmed reports from other bands and friends on the ground that the event is dangerous and a disaster. Please be safe, and we look forward to rocking for you in the future.

Rock on,

Rock N' Roll Allstars"