Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: All Original Members  (Read 23765 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Um she's dead...not sure about him. 

A local dj just said none of the original members were showing up.  Not sure if he knew what he was talking about.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172238&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GUNS N' ROSES: Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Plaque Unveiled - Apr. 4, 2012 

Bronze plaques in the ground honoring the newest class of Rock And Roll Hall Fame inductees were unveiled earlier today (Wednesday, April 4) in front of Public Hall in Cleveland, Ohio.

Each of the 17 plaques reportedly cost around $5,000 to make.

A construction team member told NewsNet5.com only 14 are in the ground, the other three were coming Wednesday morning.

"They came in on Saturday and we moved heaven and earth to get them in the ground on time," said one worker.

Watch a NewsNet5.com video report below.

As previously reported, GREEN DAY has been confirmed to induct GUNS N' ROSES into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, according to RollingStone.com. The punk trio previously inducted the RAMONES back in 2002. Their participation this year ends the speculation about who was going to induct GUNS, but questions still remain about which members of the band will show up for the April 14 ceremony in Cleveland. Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed will all be there, but it was reported this week that Izzy Stradlin won't attend and Axl Rose's participation is still unclear.

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Slash said last week that GUNS N' ROSES will not perform at the event, and Stradlin's absence would seem to confirm that whether Rose shows up or not.

It is also not clear whether GREEN DAY will perform instead.

Slash told RollingStone.com earlier this week that Rose "hates my guts." The two have not performed together since 1993. Rose currently tours with a completely different version of GUNS N' ROSES featuring no original members but him.

As for the other inductees, Chris Rock will induct the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, Chuck D will do the honors for the BEASTIE BOYS, Bette Midler will induct Laura Nyro, ZZ TOP will be on hand for Freddie King, Carole King will induct Don Kirshner, John Mellencamp will pay tribute to Donovan and Steve Van Zandt will handle duties for the SMALL FACES/FACES.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I am still not liking Green Day to do the speech. Totally different genres as such. I think that it would have been awesome if Avenged Sevenfold inducted them. Just my thought. :lol:

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
This whole thing is imploding...in true Guns N Roses fashion! 

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://loudwire.com/axl-rose-not-attending-rock-hall-ceremony-asks-induction-retracted/?utm_medium=twitter

Axl Rose Not Attending Rock Hall Ceremony and Asks for His Induction To Be Retracted

After weeks of speculation, Axl Rose has written an open letter to fans stating he will not be attending the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this Saturday, April 14, in Cleveland, where his band Guns N’ Roses are set to be enshrined. Moreover, he has asked that his own induction be retracted.

The revelation comes weeks after ex-GN’R guitarist Slash said he’d love to play with the classic ‘Appetite for Destruction’ lineup, despite admitting that Rose hates his guts. It also follows drummer Steven Adler‘s comments in which he called the current Guns lineup ‘hacks‘ and later apologized, claiming all he wanted to do was play with his old GN’R bandmates.

Rose’s lengthy letter contains too many juicy tidbits to just pull a few quotes from, so here is the opus in its entirety here (as it appears on the official Guns N’ Roses Facebook page):
 “

To: The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N’ Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern,
 When the nominations for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame were first announced I had mixed emotions but, in an effort to be positive, wanting to make the most of things for the fans and with their enthusiasm, I was honored, excited and hoped that somehow this would be a good thing. Of course I realized as things stood, if Guns N’ Roses were to be inducted it’d be somewhat of a complicated or awkward situation.

Since then we’ve listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N’ Roses, had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame, read various press (some legit, some contrived) and read other artists’ comments weighing in publicly on Guns and the Hall with their thoughts.

Under the circumstances I feel we’ve been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N’ Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in “our” induction (that for the record are decisions I don’t agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things… no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn’t appear to be somewhere I’m actually wanted or respected.

For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It’s their show not mine.

That said, I won’t be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N’ Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of “Guns N’ Roses”.

This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp’s perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I’m sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I’ll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don’t intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision. Since the announcement of the nomination we’ve actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, “damned if I do, damned if I don’t” scenario all the way around.

In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I’ve publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing’s changed.

The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of “for the fans” or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and DJ Ashba.

Izzy came out with us a few times back in ’06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in ’06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in ’11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that’s enough.

There’s a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn’t room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Maybe if it were you it’d be different. Maybe you’d do it for this reason or that. Peace, whatever. I love our band now. We’re there for each other when the going get’s rough. We love our fans and work to give them every ounce of energy and heart we can.

So let sleeping dogs lie or lying dogs sleep or whatever. Time to move on. People get divorced. Life doesn’t owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another’s, or in this case several others’, expense.

But hey if ya gotta then maybe we can get the “no show, grandstanding, publicity stunt, disrespectful, he doesn’t care about the fans” crap out of the way as quickly as we can and let’s move on. No one’s taking the ball and going home. Don’t get it twisted. For more than a decade and a half we’ve endured the double standards, the greed of this industry and the ever present seemingly limitless supply of wannabes and unscrupulous, irresponsible media types. Not to imply anything in this particular circumstance, but from my perspective in regard to both the Hall and a reunion, the ball’s never been in our court.

In closing, regardless of this decision and as hard to believe or as ironic as it may seem, I’d like to sincerely thank the board for their nomination and their votes for Guns’ induction. More importantly I’d like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we’ve had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N’ Roses music.

I wish the Hall a great show, congratulations to all the other artists being inducted and to our fans we look forward to seeing you on tour!!

Sincerely,
 Axl Rose

P.S. RIP Armand, Long Live ABC III

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Cool Twin who talked to Slash on the phone!
This is ridiculous. I just found out a few minutes ago.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
I just read this as well.. its a shame for the music that they made in the 80s/90s :( but don't surprise me  :roll: what would have surprised me is.. if he swallowed his pride and showed up  :o  :lol:

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and DJ Ashba.

think he is forgeting what band is being inducted..  :lol: this is for the band you was with 20 years ago not now axl.. aw bless him

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I just read this and came over to see the reactions. What a pissy little "letter". Not really surprised mind you, but sheesh. Well, they could play Dust N' Bones!

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
In one letter, Axl crushed any hope about a Reunion. It's almost like a slap in the face to the fans who would've loved to see it and who still hold onto a "Chance". I will like to see how his sales/tour will do after this incident. I'm certainly P.O.'d :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:33:21 PM by SlashsSweetchild »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I will like to see how his sales/tour will do after this incident.

Tr00f. We'll see. I would still go see them again though. They were damn good. It's amazing a group of grown adults can't even sit on opposite sides of the same room for anything, let alone to be honoured by the entire music community. It's like Thanksgiving dinner at my house.  :lol:

Hi one of the twins!  :wave:

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
I will like to see how his sales/tour will do after this incident.

Tr00f. We'll see. I would still go see them again though. They were damn good. It's amazing a group of grown adults can't even sit on opposite sides of the same room for anything, let alone to be honoured by the entire music community. It's like Thanksgiving dinner at my house.  :lol:

Hi one of the twins!  :wave:

:wave: Hello CT!!

The current line up is good. I agree. It's just that this is supposed to be a big honor, an honor as a fan I have been waiting to see for a longtime. I know the RRHOF isn't what it's cracked up to be, in certain aspects, but to step up and be mature enough to accept an award in front of their fans, together, would have been awesome.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Absolutely agreed, Tabatha!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
It's a slap to the past.  Appetite vs Chinese Democracy...sorry Axl but AFD all the way.  In fact, I will listen to every other GNR cd with a majority of original members over CD. 

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I agree. Hardly the first time egos have won out over fans regarding this band though.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Are they going to stop playing AFD and the rest of the music created by the old members now? 

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I'm sure you'll see less of it for sure, but I imagine there will always be a few songs that, regardless of anything else, Axl wouldn't drop purely for the sake of the songs being "his" as well.

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
If he stopped playing the old songs, you can for sure bet people will stop going to shows. That is why people go. Majority of the people who went to the show I attended, had no clue about Chinese Democracy or the songs on the album. They came for the old songs.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Yeah, I don't think he'll be able to drop the old tunes completely. I actually wouldn't mind hearing more off the UYI albums from the current line up. With the expanded nature of the band they could afford to play some of the songs from those records that they might not have played so much with the older line ups.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Axl is such a little beeotch.   Fuck him.  I knew he wouldn't show, cuz he is such a little drama queen and a crybaby.  He always has to write these long, drawn-out letters too with a bunch of rambling.   To downplay that whole lineup and act like this new band is even worth a shit is pathetic.   All the old members have released so much new music since Chinese Democracy, and pretty much all of it was better.    You will never see DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot, or Frank Ferrer inducted into the RNRHOF.   Fuck you Axl, I will never see your shitty new band again.  Have fun playing all those old songs, to half of the audience, with your Mickey Mouse voice.   They should have "Velvet Revolver" perform for GNR lol

Sincerely, a disappointed ex-fan. 

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:59:00 AM by born2boogie »

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:59:42 AM by born2boogie »

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I guess this is his way of clearing the air. :roll:  I still think that he took the easy way out. It makes him look weak for not appearing at the ceremony. It definitely reaffirms the truth about him. That he is a difficult and petty individual. If he had any integrity, he lost it all from the AFD Fans. The same with respect. I can never see him doing anything else beyond this point of where he is not criticized. The damage has been done. The ship has sunk. Life will go on. :lol:

Offline Limberly

• Staff
On the other hand, we have Duff's words, taken from a recent ESPN column, which was written before today, of course.  This is written by someone who has grown up, matured, and isn't going to be a big baby about all of this:

And to this point: The one reason that I am going to Cleveland this weekend is not to savor in some polite accolade or because an award show is that important to me. I am going because I have realized how important this is all to those many, many fans that supported us and believed in us, and showed up for us in droves.

Music is not like sports, and hence, a Hall of Fame in music is almost a false pedestal to sit upon. There are no statistics in music and art. No band or artist is "better" than another. Music comes from a primal place. Thin air. Dreams. And a lot of really hard damn work.

No one worked harder than us back then, and we were very fortunate to have met each other in those dirty back alleys of Hollywood sometime in 1984. We meshed and wrote, created thunder and beauty, and parlayed our real-life experience into an album that somehow related to a whole angsty world that felt just like us right then and there. It was a brilliant time.

Here's part of

I, too, now hope that we can just play a couple of songs there, and just sort of throw the microphone down on the stage and walk off. The rock-and-roll world would be set ablaze once again ... and we could make a bunch of fans happy and sated to some degree.

But alas, I am only responsible for me, and can only speak for me. I have forgiven and forgotten. I have grown up and manned up. Part of me growing has been to realize I am powerless over others.

This whole deal, I hope, goes off without a hitch. I do hope we can achieve some grace in our acceptance. And I hope this grace, is enough, in the end, for the best rock and roll fans in the world. The Guns N' (f---ing) Roses fans.

-- Duff

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=7799013