Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: All Original Members  (Read 23722 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/02/14/guns-n-roses-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-reunion?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D135742

Guns N' Roses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction: All Original Members Reportedly Attending

The original lineup of Guns N' Roses – Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler- will be on site at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony which will be held on April 14 in Cleveland.

Keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who is the longest tenured member of the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses, besides Axl himself, shared the good news in a new interview with Billboard.

"I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed revealed. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

The last time the classic 'Appetite for Destruction' lineup of Guns N' Roses performed together was in October of 1989 when they opened four shows for the Rolling Stones at the L.A. Coliseum. The following year, a heroin-addicted Adler was fired from the group.

Other ex-Gunners, like guitarist Gilby Clarke and drummer Matt Sorum, who replaced Stradlin and Adler, respectively, will also be on hand.

Despite the fact that all the original members will be in the same room together, it is not an instant trigger for them to bury the hatchets and pick up the axes... guitars, that is! Reed went on to say that it's not something that Rose has even discussed with him.

"Honestly, we haven't spoken about it," Reed said. "I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it -- but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

Our Fingers and toes are crossed that some sort of performance happens. Axl and Slash on one stage again? Wouldn't that be something?

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Definitely good news, for me!!  :)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
This makes me really happy Limberly is taking me to the HOF ceremonies this year.  :)

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Cool! Limberly and CT are taking me as well. :)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170898&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GUNS N' ROSES Will Not Perform At ROCK HALL Induction, Says Event's Musical Director - Mar. 8, 2012 

Paul Shaffer, the Canadian-American musician who has served as musical director and producer for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony since its inception in 1986, has shot down the possibility of a performance by the reunited classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES when the group is inducted into the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14.

When asked by the Future Rock Legends web site via Twitter if he had any idea how long the Rock Hall ceremony was going to be this year with so many inductees, Shaffer replied, "GUNS N' ROSES will not be performing, so not as long as you would think."

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed recently told Billboard that all five original members of the band will be present at the induction ceremony. Reed revealed, "I know that all the original band is going to be there. I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

Singer Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler will all be inducted into the Hall, along with later members Reed and drummer Matt Sorum.

With more than 20 years of service, Reed is the longest-standing member of the current GUNS lineup after sole original holdout Axl Rose. He told The Pulse Of Radio that whatever happens at the Hall, he's already honored by the whole thing, "There's a lot of great, great people that I respect and grew up admiring and idolizing that are in that, as part of that institution, and obviously just to be mentioned in the same breath as them, you know, for this band and everything, I take it as an honor."

As for whether any combination of the eight musicians will get together for a jam or full-blown reunion at the induction ceremony, Reed said, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an everyday sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it — but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

Although Rose has made his peace with various members of the group over the years, including McKagan, Stradlin and Adler, there doesn't seem to be any change in his non-friendly stance toward Slash.

Slash, McKagan, Sorum and Adler have all expressed uncertainty about the possibility of a reunion at the ceremony.

The current GUNS N' ROSES lineup played a string of small theatre and club shows. The last of three New York City gigs happened on February 15 at Webster Hall, where GUNS played a legendary show in 1988 (when the venue was known as the Ritz) which was broadcast on MTV.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:29:59 PM by Velvet Revolver »

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Limberly, we need updates ASAP!!!

I bet Izzy will be the one to not show up?  That would be pretty fuckin cool. 

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Axl will be drinking his bottle of Night Train and not sharing with Izzy or anyone else.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
Axl will be drinking his bottle of Night Train and not sharing with Izzy or anyone else.

I bet Axl hasn't drank Nightrain since 1987 lol 

This should be interesting either way! Definitely a "wtf is gonna happen?" factor just like every show back then!!!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170959&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DUFF MCKAGAN: 'There's Been No Communication About Anyone Playing' At GN'R Rock Hall Induction - Mar. 9, 2012 

Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan spoke to RollingStone.com about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The 27th annual ceremony will be held on April 14, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum. Also scheduled to be inducted are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BEASTIE BOYS, THE SMALL FACES/FACES, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King well enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award For Musical Excellence.

The ceremony will be taped for broadcast by HBO, which plans to air it in early May.

When asked if he knows what is going to happen at the ceremony, Duff said, "I don't. I know I'm going to go. I can't, at all, speak for anybody else. And won't. I'll be there with bells on. Is the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame that important to me? No. Is it something I've aspired towards? No. It's not sports. You get into the Baseball Hall Of Fame, that's bad-ass. But that's a competitive sport. You have stats. Look, we were a good band — but there were a lot of good bands. A lot of people liked our band, eventually. And that's kick ass."

He added, "What I found out when we got nominated is that there's just a shit ton of fans around the world who are really psyched. In that case, it's more about them and the people that believed in us and bought our records and came and saw us. Imagine that? All those people believing in our band — a thing we created out of thin air. That part of it is an honor. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame as an institution? I really don't know much about it."

On the topic of whether he hopes the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES will reunite and play at the induction ceremony, Duff said, "I think it would be killer. Do I hope to? That's a tricky question. It would be awesome. You have those day dreams like, 'We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen."

He continued, "There's been no communication about anyone playing. There was probably a day in the mid-1990s where I would have tried to gather the troops, but I'm just not that guy anymore. It's too frustrating to change anyone else… I'm not even sure I'd want to change how anyone else sees a situation. But I'm going."

Singer Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler will all be inducted into the Hall, along with later members, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum.

Although Rose has made his peace with various members of the group over the years, including McKagan, Stradlin and Adler, there doesn't seem to be any change in his non-friendly stance toward Slash.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I think this is going to be extremely uneventful. Would it be cool to see? Of course. I doubt it'll happen, and I doubt much of anything will happen, if all of the members will even be there.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I agree with you, CT. I am hoping for something to happen but I don't see it happening. I do hope that everybody shows up. I am still getting the vibe that not everybody will be there. :-\

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
The ceremony is probWeee to erWEEE for Axl to take the stage.   :roll:

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120313/120313_guns_roses/20120313/?hub=CP24Entertainment

Slash mum on possible Guns N' Roses reunion

LONDON — Will Guns N' Roses reunite for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Behind his dark glasses, hat and big hair, the group's former guitarist Slash is staying noncommittal on the subject.

The million-selling hard rock group enters the Rock Hall in Cleveland on April 14, an event at which honoured acts often perform as part of the celebration.

But the group's original lineup fell apart in 1996, so fans hoping to see the band reunite may be disappointed.

Slash says of the induction: "It's definitely an honour and I have no idea what's going to happen on that day."

Instead he is busy with his latest solo album, "Apocalyptic Love," due out in May.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171580&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SLASH Says GUNS N' ROSES Is 'Not Playing' At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction - Mar. 21, 2012 

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash spoke to the QMI Agency earlier today (Wednesday, March 21) about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The 27th annual ceremony will be held on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum. Also scheduled to be inducted are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BEASTIE BOYS, THE SMALL FACES/FACES, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King well enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award For Musical Excellence.

The ceremony will be taped for broadcast by HBO, which plans to air it in early May.

Slash told QMI Agency he had mixed emotions about the honor. "Either it hasn't hit me yet or maybe it's been so long since I had anything to do with GUNS N' ROSES that I just don't really get it," he said.

"And we're not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play, but I know that we're not playing," he added.

Slash said that he expects former GN'R drummer Steven Adler to be there, too. "I could be positive Steven will be there," he said. "Steven wouldn't miss it." He was less certain of the attendance of the rest of GN'R's classic lineup, specifically the band's lead singer Axl Rose. The two have not spoken in years and Rose continues to hold a hostile stance toward his former bandmate.

"I don't know," Slash said when asked if Axl will make an appearance at the induction ceremony. "I would assume so but we haven't talked about it."

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan told RollingStone.com that there has been "no communication" about the original members of the band performing together when the group is inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Asked if he knew what was going to happen at the ceremony, McKagan answered, "I don't. I know I'm going to go. I can't, at all, speak for anybody else. And won't. I'll be there with bells on." But he added, "There's been no communication about anyone playing. There was probably a day in the mid-1990s where I would have tried to gather the troops, but I'm just not that guy anymore. It's too frustrating to change anyone else . . . I'm not even sure I'd want to change how anyone else sees a situation."

On whether he hoped that the original lineup would perform together at the event, McKagan said, "I think it would be killer. Do I hope to? That's a tricky question. It would be awesome. You have those day dreams like, 'We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen."

McKagan, singer Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, and drummer Steven Adler will all be inducted into the Hall, along with later members, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Shocked.  :roll:

Maybe Slash'll turn out to be the one that doesn't show.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
After reading the latest news about him, I am beginning to wonder that myself. :-#

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171854&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SLASH 'Would Love To Play' With Classic GUNS N' ROSES Lineup At ROCK HALL Induction - Mar. 27, 2012 

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash spoke to Loudwire about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The 27th annual ceremony will be held on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum. Also scheduled to be inducted are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BEASTIE BOYS, THE SMALL FACES/FACES, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King well enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award For Musical Excellence.

Slash told Loudwire, "I would love to play. It's just, one of those things where I know that it's not going to happen, so… I just did an interview and said, 'I don't think we're playing.' [Laughs]. I mean I think it would be cool to play, but very early on when the whole thing came up, it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen — and you know, that doesn't surprise me. We've been at odds for… well, not at odds, but we just haven't had any sort of communication in a long time so… that's basically it. That's all I can tell you."

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan told RollingStone.com that there has been "no communication" about the original members of the band performing together when the group is inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Asked if he knew what was going to happen at the ceremony, McKagan answered, "I don't. I know I'm going to go. I can't, at all, speak for anybody else. And won't. I'll be there with bells on." But he added, "There's been no communication about anyone playing. There was probably a day in the mid-1990s where I would have tried to gather the troops, but I'm just not that guy anymore. It's too frustrating to change anyone else . . . I'm not even sure I'd want to change how anyone else sees a situation."

On whether he hoped that the original lineup would perform together at the event, McKagan said, "I think it would be killer. Do I hope to? That's a tricky question. It would be awesome. You have those day dreams like, 'We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen."

McKagan, singer Axl Rose, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin, and drummer Steven Adler will all be inducted into the Hall, along with later members, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
It would be nice if THEY shocked the fucking world by playing....but I guess that THEY all know that we want it so bad! :lol:

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-would-love-to-jam-with-guns-n-roses-at-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/

Steven Adler ‘Would Love To’ Jam with Guns N’ Roses at Rock And Roll Hall of Fame Induction

Former Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler, revealed via Twitter that he ‘would love to’ join Guns N’ Roses onstage during the upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

It all started yesterday (March 27) from our exclusive interview with former Guns N’ Roses axeman Slash, who told us that he “would love to” play with GN’R live at the Rock Hall induction, although adding that realistically, such a reunion would be highly improbable. Slash’s words created a firestorm online, with fans calling for the reunion to become reality. The guitarist’s words were eventually passed on to Steven Adler, who revealed that he too would be willing to be a part of such an epic reunion.

Adler shared the same sentiment as Slash as the drummer responded to a via on Twitter:
 “

I would love to for the fans RT @MarthaQuinn: “@loudwire: Slash Would ‘Love to Play’ w Orig Guns Lineup at Rock Hall Wow!what about you?

— Adler (@adlerrocks) March 28, 2012

Though the reunion may not happen, something GN’R fans can look forward to is that Steven Adler and Slash have recently recorded together for Adler’s upcoming solo project. Though Slash only shredded as a guest musician, the guitarist’s inclusion in the project has kept fans salivating for the Adler release.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio. All of the original members of Guns N’ Roses are expected to attend as they are to be inducted into the prestigious hall.

Not a surprise...

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Not too shocking! I think that Steven would want this more than anybody. I wonder if Axl has been doing any interviews lately. Haven't heard from Izzy or Matt....yet. :lol:

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
I bet Izzy will be the one to not show up?  That would be pretty fuckin cool.

you heard it here, first, bitches!!!   Apparently, this has been confirmed by Sorum from Slash.

I think it keeps all the reunion expectations from snowballing, and what-not.  There is just no way it would happen.  Too much drama.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://www.billboard.com/news/green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-1006660952.story#/news/green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-1006660952.story

Green Day To Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock Hall

One iconic band will send another (slightly older) iconic band into the annals of rock immortality, as Green Day will induct Guns N' Roses into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

According to Rolling Stone, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool will deliver the GN'R induction speech at the April 14 ceremony in Cleveland. The rock trio joins previously reported speakers like Chris Rock, who will induct the Red Hot Chili Peppers; Chuck D for the Beastie Boys; John Mellencamp for Donovan; and ZZ Top for Freddie King.

In February, keyboardist Dizzy Reed told Billboard that all of the original members of Guns N' Roses will be present at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, but that an official reunion or performance had not been planned. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart," said Reed.

Former drummer Matt Sorum added last month, "We're all sitting at the same table, so it should be cool… After we get a little bit of food in us, hopefully someone will get up and want to play, but I don't know. I'm not the guy to ask. I just hope it works out."

While Guns N' Roses had undergone a tumultuous set of lineup changes since rising to superstardom with 1987's "Appetite for Destruction," Green Day has kept its lineup of Armstrong, Dirnt and Cool intact since 1990, when Cool replaced John Kiffmeyer as Green Day's drummer. For those wondering, Green Day is eligible for induction in the Rock Hall of Fame in two years

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
I wasn't expecting Green Day to deliver the speech. :shock:  Whatever happens, happens! :lol:

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Green Day?

What, were the Carpenters not available?  :roll: