Author Topic: Drug Movies  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
There are a lot of great, dramatic and hilarious drug movies out there. What are some favourites?

Some of mine that come to mind are:

Requiem For a Dream
A Scanner Darkly
the Friday movies
Up In Smoke
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Half Baked

I'm sure I'm forgetting, but hey, these types of movies usually end up either hilariously funny, extremely dramatic or both. Any takers? I dedicate this thread to Trist, and David Lynch, whose movies make much more sense under the influence, even if the content has little to do with drug culture.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
You pretty much nailed it CT.  I would also add The Basketball Diaries.  That was always one of my favorites and it is pretty realistic IMO.  Great movie.   I also agree about David Lynch; his movies are awesome to watch baked and try to interpret.  I will try to think of some others later, but there are also a ton of movies that may not be about drugs but are still fun to watch while baked.   I was also thinking about Half Baked recently and how funny it is that they all have their stoner jobs like working at fast food, a master of the custodial arts (or a janitor if you wanna be a dick about it), and working at a record store and a kindergarden lol  Abba Zabba, you my only friend  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:10:00 PM by Trist805#2 »

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Heavy Metal!

Best stoned movie ever. Screw Tommy and The Wall, THAT is the best stoned and stoner movie, period. Love it! Basically, anything by Phillip K. Dick, Hunter S. Thompson and their kind turned into a movie is going to involve drugs somehow, either in the necessity to understand the movie, or the movie itself.

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
Don't you ever talk shit about The Wall, you bastard!  That is the story of my life!  

You have some timing CT, today is my 14th anniversary with Mary Jane!   Looking back, I don't regret it, it kept me from ever getting hooked on cigarettes or alcohol.  But if you don't need it, then more power to you!

Some other movies I recommend would be Ghost Dog (non-related but fun to watch) and SID and NAnCY
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:45:48 PM by Trist805#2 »

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Almost Famous, Dazed and Confused, Wonderland, The Stoned Age

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Don't you ever talk shit about The Wall, you bastard!  That is the story of my life!  

Imagine my shock...

Dazed And Confused!! Woo! Anything by Mel Brooks is good when "smokin' them tweeds", to quote another favourite. There's also Puff Puff Pass.