Author Topic: Road Recovery  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Got my tickets today! I've been waiting for them to officially announce this show for quite awhile. This is such a great show with legendary guests! Come on September 13th :headbanger:

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Good for you!  We want a full report on how it goes.   :)

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
It's times like this I wished I didn't live in Sydney Australia....lol

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
 :slash: Full report and hopefully some good pictures! :cheers:

Offline ddsim2003

• Straight Shooter
  • Go too far, then you will know how far you can go.
    • David Sean Simpson's VR audition page
Good cause :) Nice to see rockers giving back :)  Alot of kids get into to music a way to express and vent their emotions. Sometimes those kids will also choose to medicate those emotions for all the obvious reasons and the usual cliche's:  rock = booze, drugs etc., blah blah blah... A bit unfair but not always unfounded....anyway.... combine that recipe with young people who dont have the life expereince to handle adversity and there you have it:  a one way ticket down the hole...

its one thing to say "you'll be ok" . its totally another to be able to say "Ive been where you are"...   Thaks for having this program available for kids. 

Kudos for those that can stay sober when the accessibility is so easy. And double when you can give someting back in that setting. ;)   DSS 

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I posted this in Dave's section but thought I would add it here too, that Dave is definitely confirmed to be at the benefit concert. It will be great to see him again. Seems like it's been forever!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:44:13 PM by Velvet Revolver »

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:15:44 PM by Velvet Revolver »

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Great show last night. Great to have had a chance to talk to the guys again and finally get to meet Gilby Clarke!

Here's a few pictures from the show and my 2 videos. The sound is pretty bad. I think because I was right in front of a speaker, not that I"m complaining!

And my video of Mama Kin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSqtMIRD1I
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:45:44 PM by Slashba »

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Great photos and videos!   :)

Have to say, it was great to see Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dave on stage together.  As well as Slash, Duff, Matt, and Gilby.   Nothing like it in the world!   
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 10:41:55 PM by Limberly »

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
GUNS N' ROSES' 'Use Your Illusion' Touring Lineup Near-Reunion At 'Road Recovery' Benefit 
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163315

Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Wayne Kramer (MC5) are among the musicians who performed at the Road Recovery benefit concert honoring legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) this past Tuesday, September 13 at Best Buy Theater in New York City. The event was a semi-reunion of sorts, with Sorum, McKagan and Slash having played in both VELVET REVOLVER and GUNS N' ROSES, while Clarke played with them in GUNS during that band's "Use Your Illusion" tour.

Main band:

* Slash
* Gilby Clarke
* Duff McKagan
* Matt Sorum
* Wayne Kramer

Guest musicians:

* Jill Sobule
* Carl Restivo
* Jimmy Gnecco
* Reeve Carney
* Dick Manitoba
* Dave Kushner

The setlist was as follows:

01. Birthday (THE BEATLES)
02. Miss You (THE ROLLING STONES)
03. Dead Flowers (THE ROLLING STONES)
04. Tijuana Jail (GILBY CLARKE)
05. Wish You Were Here (PINK FLOYD)
06. Always On The Run (LENNY KRAVITZ)
07. Hey Joe (JIMI HENDRIX)
08. Mama Kin (AEROSMITH)
09. Superstition (STEVIE WONDER)
10. Slither (VELVET REVOLVER)
11. It's So Easy (GUNS N' ROSES)
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (BOB DYLAN)
13. God Save The Queen (SEX PISTOLS)
14. Kick Out The Jams (MC5)

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below.

Road Recovery is a non-profit organization that works with at-risk kids.

One hundred percent of the money raised at the show will go directly to support the treatment of children and young adults who suffer from adversities such as addiction, physical and sexual abuse and chronic illness.