Author Topic: VR is auditioning singers now ~  (Read 35882 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Slash
Fyi, VR is auditioning singers this week. Promises to be very interesting. Iii|; ),

Offline SorumVR

• Gunslinger
If they're ever going to find a singer, I'd say it's now or never.  Next month, Slash's solo gigs resume. If none of these current prospects pan out, then what?

Offline vial8

• Unloaded
gotta check out jeff mack from Vial8 he is our frontman and he has some serious pipes that will blow you away

www.myspace.com/vial8

as a matter of fact vial8 will blow you away so come get VIAL8ED

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
gotta check out jeff mack from Vial8 he is our frontman and he has some serious pipes that will blow you away

www.myspace.com/vial8

he is shit!

moving on.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
When they first split up, I was hoping that Jesus would fly down from heaven and take the job.  After a year, I was willing to accept almost any competent singer.  After two years, I was willing to accept any Karaoke contest honorable mention.

At this point, they could put a talking Al Gore doll up on stage and have Dave go up and pull the fucking string every now and then.

Offline mickslogun

• Sniper Assassin
    • Smoke Screens

www.myspace.com/vial8

All that blew me away was how much of a total ripoff 'burn and turn' is of Come on Come in.

Offline Beast-from-Snakepit

• Gunslinger
  • Slashoholic and proud of it
"The guy we're liking now is a young guy, a very strong guy... a little bit heavier rock 'n' roll than we are," Sorum tells Billboard.com. He says the prospective frontman has been in other known bands before. "He's a guy we've had our eye on, but the timing wasn't right. We don't like stealing people or any of that shit. [Scott] Weiland was available. He was out of Stone Temple Pilots. It wasn't like we went and said, 'Hey, dude...' He came to us, basically, like, 'Hey, I'm out of my band. I've got time. Let's do this.' And it's a similar situation with this particular individual."

"[Writing] is a lot of the way we've been trying out singers," Sorum explains, "and a lot of the reason we've had trouble trying to pick a guy, because we really need to hear that truth. We can't just jump out there with any singer. We've got to make the right decision...a guy who can front a rock band of this caliber and be a strong enough frontman to go out in front of Slash and be that guy. We need to hear that vocal, that lyric, that melody. It's not an easy thing."

Nevertheless, Sorum says the band is impressed that the frontman candidate "has a work ethic similar to ours" and also brings a "modern" edge to the group. "I've always stressed to the band that we need to be current," Sorum notes. "I don't want to go out there and make retro rock 'n' roll music. We have to take in the environment and parlay that into a rock 'n' roll outlet."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/velvet_revolver_courting_new_mystery_singer.html

Offline ejsme

• Straight Shooter
I bet it's Corey Taylor.

Younger... Heavier... a few known bands...

Offline tntnoyes

• Straight Shooter
    • TN Youtube

Offline SlshSolo

• Straight Shooter
Maybe Chester...

Chester Who?  There's only 1 i know of & Their on tour- in fact goin to seethem in Dc in FEB! :headbanger:

Offline PRSsk84life

• Pea Gun Newbie
As much as I don't want it to be Corey Taylor, I'm starting to really think it is him.  It's known that Corey tried out for a VR a while ago but the VR guys said he had too much on his plate at the time.  That would make sense now with Sorum saying that the timing of this mystery singer wasn't right when they had their eye on him the first time.  Corey Taylor recently said that he doesn't know if Slipknot will record again, which makes things seem shaky with that band.  I believe Corey fits these characteristics that Sorum is describing pretty well, if in fact, Slipknot is finishing.  If we see a Slipknot break up in the near future, we'll know who the new VR singer is.

Secondly, while this is highly unlikely, Scott Stapp is sort of out of a band at the moment.  Creed don't have plans to get back together till mid 2012, if that even happens.  Regardless, I don't see the three AB and Creed balancing both bands forever.  Someone is gonna tire out and pull the plug.  His situation is kind of like Scott's was when he joined VR.  STP wasn't officially broken up, but they weren't doing anything.  If it is Stapp, I bet Mark Tremonti is gonna hunt Slash down for stealing both of his singers!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
If it is Stapp, I'm taking the forum down.

Offline skitzocalypso

• Target Practice
Kinda depends on Stone Sour, eh?

Offline PRSsk84life

• Pea Gun Newbie
Stone Sour would definitely be a factor, but Corey manages Slipknot and Stone Sour now so it doesn't seem to be a problem.  If he did VR, he could probably do VR and Stone Sour.  There is NO way, though, that he could do Slipknot, Stone Sour, and VR, which is probably what he was planning to do when he auditioned for Velvet the first time around.  But there is no word that Slipknot is even finished, so I assume as long as both of Taylor's bands are around, he won't be doing VR.  Right now a lot of the Slipknot members are each saying different things about the band's future, so that mean's we can't take anything as evidence quite yet.  I will say that Corey does fit Sorum's description pretty well though.  Personally, I hope it's not Taylor.  I wouldn't want VR's lyrics to be about death and hate all the time.

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
Slipknot R.I.P sorry..  :(  (not a real fan) as a outsider I guess it would not be the same for fans or the band for Slipknot to play again? but then again DISTURBED did

I think I'm not going to build up my hopes to much as I love Stone Sour and think Corey would be a good fit.. just hope whoever gets on board gets on with the band and has good feed with the fans and knows how to get the crowed going..  :)

p.p.s Corey is not all hate and death! still don't think its Corey
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:51:15 PM by born2boogie »

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
If it is Stapp, I'm taking the forum down.

i am putting this in my signature...so that you by no means whatsoever, and i do mean WHATSOEVER forget to do this good deed if its STapp.

the day if Stapp is announced, i will burn all my VR CDs and not listen/buy anything by them whatsoever.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
I am a member of the Facebook Group, "Punching Scott Stapp in the Throat." I think that this is a worthwhile organization to be part of, and that we can all move the musical movement forward by getting involved in groups like this.

Offline Sweet Dreams

• Gunslinger
I would love for the singer to be Corey Taylor. But really it is a speculation by us. I'm just curious is to why everyone is so against Scott Strapp?

Offline Limberly

• Staff
I don't think I really have anything against Stapp, but I really don't like Creed.

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
I am a member of the Facebook Group, "Punching Scott Stapp in the Throat." I think that this is a worthwhile organization to be part of, and that we can all move the musical movement forward by getting involved in groups like this.

could anyone be any bigger copy of Eddie Vedder than Stapp, he is just shit and so is Creed.

Offline Smoking Guns

• Straight Shooter
Vedder, Stapp, and Weiland all come from the Jim Morrison school of singing...  Errrrrrr  Errrrrr..

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin

could anyone be any bigger copy of Eddie Vedder than Stapp, he is just shit and so is Creed.

That almost sounds like a swipe against Pearl Jam, a truly decent band that deserves respect even from folks who don't listen to their stuff.

But Stapp... STP... coincidence?

Honestly, I would accept ALMOST any frontman, at this point... or frontchick.

Offline Nickel

• Pea Gun Newbie
Dilana has a great voice, she'd be an interesting option.

David Cook from American Idol has a really fitting voice, in my opinion, but unfortunately he looks too clean and doesn't have any hard rock cred.

Offline SorumVR

• Gunslinger
So Slash has said an announcement will be made this month, and his solo tour resumes Jan. 16. Meanwhile, Duff will be at NAMM on Jan. 15. Do you think the announcement will come prior to Jan. 15? If not, will Duff give another interview at NAMM like the legendary one he gave two years ago where he said VR was moving from the back burner to the front burner.

Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtvcVcofOXM

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath, you know.