Author Topic: Just a question for y'all  (Read 3937 times)

Offline perumpamaan

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey guys my name is John
 i'm a fan of velvet revolver , i'm a fan of guns n roses too , that makes me a typical guy

i'm new to this forum , and i really really really want to ask something but i dont know where to put it so i just put it right here (and if it's not belong here maybe some kind of moderator can move it)

my question is simple , and flat : "WHAT IS THE LYRICS MEANING OF THE SONG 'dont drop that dime' ?"
it's getting me crazy , guys ! please , i understand the meaning of the lyrics . but i dont know that they're stands for
please anyone tell me . i'll be very happy .ok ??

thanks , anyway sorry for the bad english.

Offline perumpamaan

• Pea Gun Newbie
please im begging you all

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
Scott said recently that he was trying to veer away from writing lyrics based on his history of drugs and that he was trying to write some more anecdotal lyrics or something, just write about other things, characters and stuff.  I think that Don't Drop That Dime is one of those songs, maybe just written about fictional characters and a made-up story.

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
Welcome John :)  WHAT IS THE LYRICS MEANING OF THE SONG ?
its what you ever want it to be.. music is just music and hits us in all diffrent ways..
its the heart and soul but when you go to deep sometimes you cant find a meaning of it all..
so when you hear a song and you like it and relate to it take it as it is (just a song) nothing more.. nothing less..
that's the job as a singer is to share.. tap into the soul.. music is a wonderful thing I love it..

I know I was no help here sorry  :lol:

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
oh on anther note  :lol: Don't Drop That Dime
sounded like Scott was finding his footing
old STP  :P

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
I interpret it as a song about drinking in a saloon.  I think I'm gonna go have a beer and listen to it right now  :cheers:

I really like the country vibe of the song.  STP has a similar sounding song on the new album called "Maver." 

Offline perumpamaan

• Pea Gun Newbie
drinking in a saloon ? why is that ? please explain
because in this song some of the line of the lyrics were completely unrelated to the lyrics after that

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
drinking in a saloon ? why is that ? please explain
because in this song some of the line of the lyrics were completely unrelated to the lyrics after that
Most of Scotts songs are like that, at least in some parts.

I don't think you can look at any of his songs as a direct line by line story. You just have to listen to the whole thing and get an overall impression.

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"
Let's see, for me it's the kind of song that tells a story, a country type of song, drinking, saloon, the girl, the bad relationship, the fight, everybody is drunk (of course) so there's no lines unrelated for me.

Don't know where are you from but if you mean what's the meaning of the phrase "don't drop that dime"  (me being from Argentina a word by word translation makes no sense at all) I guess, it has to do with using that dime to call the police. I take it as being a snitch.

Ok, now if I'm out of place, please tell me  :lol: