Author Topic: Recent Interview With Scott, Mention Of VR Reunion  (Read 6213 times)

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/videos/celebrities/exclusive-interview-scott-weiland-says-there-chance-he-could-get-back-tog/

I'm not saying that this is a big deal, but for those of us that would like to see Scott back in the band, I think it's interesting enough the way he answers this question.

He says "STP is my band right now", and if I remember correctly, a few months before VR broke up, he said a similar thing in an interview - "VR is my focus right now".  Just interesting the way he puts the whole thing, it sounds like he isn't completely against working with the guys again.  Though of course Matt and Slash would have to make a helluva apology to him if they all wanted to work together again.  :lol:

Offline Chili

• Sniper Assassin
It sounds to me like he just looked for a way to change the subject and not comment VR, and that's why he said that.

Offline ouncie

• Gunslinger
JonnyVR, Matt might have to really come up with a big apology to Scott before he would agree to a reunion with VR but I don't think that Slash would. Even after Scott was out of VR he still referred to Slash as really cool. He doesn't seem to have issues with Slash.

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
Slash has said some pretty fucked up things in the press since Scott's departure though, for example what he said about him in one recent issue of Classic Rock

Offline NIKITA

• Pea Gun Newbie
I'm sorry. but I can't imagine VR without Scott

Offline Sweet Dreams

• Gunslinger
Slash, Duff and Matt have made it pretty clear they do not want to work with Scott any longer. I can't remember Dave saying anything.

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"
I'm one of those who would like to see him back in the band, but that's not what he's saying in the video. He just gave a classy answer, which seems something some people can't do when the media asks about VR.

Aside from Scott coming back or not, Slash and Matt should apologize anyways.

JonnyVR, Matt might have to really come up with a big apology to Scott before he would agree to a reunion with VR but I don't think that Slash would. Even after Scott was out of VR he still referred to Slash as really cool. He doesn't seem to have issues with Slash.
Scott doesn't have issues with Slash, but Slash has made clear he does have issues with Scott...

Offline tomass74

• Sniper Assassin
  • http://www.myspace.com/wasted_talent69
    • Wasted Talent
I got into VR following Slash and Duff..  But I am sorry, at this point I ma really not interested in VR without Scott... They should just let VR be for now.. Who knows , time heals all wounds. Maybe at some point in the future they will think it is a good idea to do an album and a tour.

Instead of Matt giving an apology they should just tell him to take a hike..

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, then maybe get Steven Adler in to replace him?  Fucking brilliant idea.

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, then maybe get Steven Adler in to replace him?  Fucking brilliant idea.

Hahaha! That's funny... just what every recovering addict needs- to hang with Adler.

Offline VR_4_eva

• Target Practice
I was just down at Ultimate Guitar, and I read an interview with Zakk Wylde. Maybe he knows something we don't?
He was talking about how Ozzy would take breaks for Black Sabbath, and the guys could do what they wanted. And then he said this:

"It’s like with Slash and Scottie and all the guys and if they’re gonna stop doing Velvet Revolver for a while. And then Scott is going to do Stone Temple Pilots; Duff is gonna do Loaded; Slash is gonna do his solo thing; Matt’s gonna be jammin’ with the Cult again and then they’re gonna get back together" - Zakk Wylde

Remember, he's good friends with Slash. Could he be a decent source (along with the Weiland comments and stuff), or are we just overreacting, speculating, and missing VR a little too much?

Offline bknouse86

• Target Practice
Interesting, Zakk Wylde is someone that would probably know what's going on and the fact that he specifically uses VR as an example would lead me to belive he knows something that we don't. But,  we'll never be sure though except for what Slash, Duff, Matt, Dave, and Scott say. 

Offline let_it_fede

• Gunslinger
  • i was born the same day of slash!
    • www.myspace.com/let_it_fede
i think that Wylde's answer at the question were just an example, i don't think that Matt is jamming with cult!