Author Topic: the birth of the new Velvet Revolver?  (Read 9095 times)

Offline The Snakepit

• Gunslinger
With the fact SOAD are "returning soon" and Perez writing a song with Dave it looks like he could be the new frontman for the guys and judging there performance of Slither here hes got more then the balls for the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALgvpXbqyI

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
Test run maybe...but  I likes..:) very excited indeed.....

He needs to work on some of his moves though, he should go nuts in my opinion heheheheh...

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
like i said before, Franky must be considered as a SERIOUS/REAL candidate for the job

Offline Suede Pistol

• Straight Shooter
    • Myspace
Anybody notice he's flat a good portion of the choruses?

Offline soulvox

• Straight Shooter

guess people are gettin' impatient and they just wanna believe someone is finally gonna fill the shoes apparently. let's face it, if you're thinkin' that on this tune (which is one of the easier ones) any guess what the outcome might be during a full tour? just found out some of the guys i do gigs with played w/Franky out here for a bit. no disrespect at all, cuz he's definitely a good singer, but undoubtedly i think some of what helps in a situation like this is bein' in or around the circle and it's tough when you're guys like David, Sam or myself who are residing on the East Coast. Ah, that's the way the music business cookie crumbles, what can ya do.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:46:18 AM by soulvox »

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant

guess people are gettin' impatient and they just wanna believe someone is finally gonna fill the shoes apparently. let's face it, if you're thinkin' that on this tune (which is one of the easier ones) any guess what the outcome might be during a full tour? just found out some of the guys i do gigs with played w/Franky out here for a bit. no disrespect at all, cuz he's definitely a good singer, but undoubtedly i think some of what helps in a situation like this is bein' in or around the circle and it's tough when you're guys like David, Sam or myself who are residing on the East Coast. Ah, that's the way the music business cookie crumbles, what can ya do.

haha... i don't really care if Franky makes it to VR or not but that post was like a 5 year old crying after he wet his pants.

well done.

Offline Dixy

• Pea Gun Newbie

Offline Fudd-Mckagan

• Gunslinger
  • Not changing this until VR gets a singer.
SOAD are returning soon? If that's true I will be so happy :D

Offline Small Choking Hazard

• Target Practice
Ugh...I think the time has finally gotten to me. Nothing noteworthy has happened since Quart festival. Before this I hadn't listened to anything VR for probably a month or more and honestly i wasn't impressed. I barely had the attention span to watch the whole thing, the band just looked so boring. I think I'm over these guys for the time being. 

Offline Young Gun

• Pea Gun Newbie
Sounds like the range is way to low for him on slither...

My advice is if Franky is the new singer, they should come up with two albums, first one their top songs revisited with franky and then a new album...

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I'm really not a fan of Franky.  But the point is moot for the moment at least.  Slash will be touring his new album through to next autumn, and Loaded have just announced that they'll be recording a new album after their current tour is over, and will be touring again when the new album is out.  I really don't think there's any point speculating until this time next year.

Offline Sweet Dreams

• Gunslinger
Ugh...I think the time has finally gotten to me. Nothing noteworthy has happened since Quart festival. Before this I hadn't listened to anything VR for probably a month or more and honestly i wasn't impressed. I barely had the attention span to watch the whole thing, the band just looked so boring. I think I'm over these guys for the time being.  

I kind of feel the same way. I like Franky and would not have a problem with him but the whole looking for a singer thing has gotten old to me. I am looking forward to Slash's solo album and that tour. I think Slash should form another band with different band members and forget VR.  I read a blog by a fan that met Duff recently and he said Duff said to him that he and Slash have been talking about Slash and Friends and LOADED touring together next year. That was a quote from the fan not Duff so I do not know how true it is.  I am not even that excited about a combined tour if it was to happen. But as long is Slash is in the mix I guess I will be hooked at some point.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:24:09 AM by Sweet Dreams »

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005

I kind of feel the same way. I like Franky and would not have a problem with him but the whole looking for a singer thing has gotten old to me. I am looking forward to Slash's solo album and that tour. I think Slash should form another band with different band members and forget VR. I read a blog by a fan that met Duff recently and he said Duff said to him that he and Slash have been talking about Slash and Friends and LOADED touring together next year. That was a quote from the fan not Duff so I do not know how true it is.  I am not even that excited about a combined tour if it was to happen. But as long is Slash is in the mix I guess I will be hooked at some point.

That was me, it came straight from Duff's mouth, so it's as true as it's gonna get.

Offline Sweet Dreams

• Gunslinger

I kind of feel the same way. I like Franky and would not have a problem with him but the whole looking for a singer thing has gotten old to me. I am looking forward to Slash's solo album and that tour. I think Slash should form another band with different band members and forget VR. I read a blog by a fan that met Duff recently and he said Duff said to him that he and Slash have been talking about Slash and Friends and LOADED touring together next year. That was a quote from the fan not Duff so I do not know how true it is.  I am not even that excited about a combined tour if it was to happen. But as long is Slash is in the mix I guess I will be hooked at some point.

That was me, it came straight from Duff's mouth, so it's as true as it's gonna get.

Jonny VR I meant no offense I just could not remember where I had read it.

Peace

Offline JonnyVR

• Gunslinger
  • Belfast Odyssey Arena- 8th June 2005
I know lol was just saying that it came straight from Duff so it probably is true  :lol:

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
SOAD are returning soon? If that's true I will be so happy :D

No shit! Hopefully, Daron and Serj have worked out their "creative" differences, and the guys can get back to making music, collectively.

Offline Limberly

• Staff
I read a blog by a fan that met Duff recently and he said Duff said to him that he and Slash have been talking about Slash and Friends and LOADED touring together next year. That was a quote from the fan not Duff so I do not know how true it is.

Now there's an awesome concept - Slash and Loaded both taking their tours on the road together!! Wouldn't that be great?  I'd be one of the first in line for tickets!   

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
I read a blog by a fan that met Duff recently and he said Duff said to him that he and Slash have been talking about Slash and Friends and LOADED touring together next year. That was a quote from the fan not Duff so I do not know how true it is.

Now there's an awesome concept - Slash and Loaded both taking their tours on the road together!! Wouldn't that be great?  I'd be one of the first in line for tickets!   

that would be killer.
Come to Spain Slash, Duff.

Offline Just_Me

• Staff

I have to admit that would just be saving me money since I'd go and see both seperately anyway but I'd love to see them tour together!

Offline Rock_Fan

• Gunslinger
I thought that was a great performance by Franky there and I would have no problem with him becoming the new frontman!!

:)  :headbanger:

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
Damn i dont like Franky he's not the guy... Who i want to see the frontman..