Author Topic: Who Should The New Singer Be?  (Read 89575 times)

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
The singer from Circus Diablo/Camp Freddy.  He has the voice and stage presence.  I don't think the band needs someone on the same level of fame as them anyways.  They will still have the GNR thing going for them too.

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
Cornell. Maybe. It would just be nice to hear him make an album that rocks again, after that pile of shit Carry On.

Offline wangmaster

• Gunslinger
  • I Don't Like Mondays.
one of the following:

Chris Cornell
Josh Todd
Izzy Stradlin

and I'd like to hear Eddie Vedder give it a go, but I know it's not gonna happen. I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
Izzy, Duff and Matt sharing vocals - that way all the musicians are comfortable working with each other, no big egos (lead singers).
Josh Todd - good frontman, vocals might not fit in but he has stage presence.
John Corabi - good rock n' roll voice but might not have stage prescence.
Eric Dover - decent voice, I don't think he was that good live though...
Steven Tyler (as if...  :lol:) - PERFECT. Except, oh fuck, he's in Aerosmith isn't he!!
Chris Cornell - Probably won't work with a band again.
Gilby Clarke - Can write good with Slash, has a decent voice, but might not have stage presence.

Just some ideas, but Slash and Duff know best, they'll find a good singer.

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
how about a female singer???

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
i wouldn't like to see a female singer - VR just wouldn't look right at all

Offline VFnR7777

• Gunslinger
  • Let It Roll
    • www.myspace.com/mikeganrude
myles kennedy or travis meeks

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Myles Kennedy was one of the considerations for VR before Scott - but then became part of Alter Bridge, where he's better suited IMO, Alter Bridge are awesome

Offline GraveDancing

• Target Practice
  • Why Won't You Spay Yourself?
hmm...i dont know anyone at the moment who could fill Scott's shoes  :?

but i dont think Sebastian Bach would be a good choice

after seeing him live with GnR, i really dont think he's got what it takes....

maybe Duff could take a go at lead vocals?

Offline ejsme

• Straight Shooter
If any of you remember the band Sponge from the mid/late 90s. They had a few hit singles back then. That guy had a good voice. Kind of Weilandesque. He would fit in well.

I think they need to be careful, because a lot of singers could make them come off too hairband-ish and they'll end up playing state fairs and bars. I don't know if they care anymore about being a super huge, big selling band or not. They probably just want to just get along and have fun by this point so I guess they should just pick someone that can sing and that they all get along with.

Offline qwertyfan

• Unloaded

funny you should say that, I'd been discussing this earlier, and came to the conclusion Dilana from the rockstar:supernova show should be the new singer, she's got more balls than most singers out there!

Offline slash_frehley

• Gunslinger

haha are you serious? He's a hell of a better live vocalist than Scott was. Scott was awesome, don't get me wrong, but he was incredibly inconsisten live(vocal wise). Baz was on top of his game all three nights in which i saw him and I'm not a huge Baz fan, I mean I don't have anything against him, just nver got too into his stuff solo or skid row. With that ebing said, I still think he's the best fit for the band. It'd be a killer fuckin heavy as fuckin hell, rock band.

Offline Strangewingz

• Pea Gun Newbie
Having seen Buckcherry 4 times on their last tour, I have to say Josh is a fantastic front man and seems to have considerably less issues than Sab, Axl, Scott, etc. Buckcherry is amazing live and Josh would do a good job with the VR catalog, in my opinion. But he seems to have finally found a great bunch of guys in Buckcherry and I don't think he'd blow that up...

Offline user FKA webmoster

• Pea Gun Newbie

funny you should say that, I'd been discussing this earlier, and came to the conclusion Dilana from the rockstar:supernova show should be the new singer, she's got more balls than most singers out there!

Um, I don't think having a chick sing Let It Roll would necessarily work, let alone make much sense  :?

Offline Matt.E.Zin

• Pea Gun Newbie
2. the guy - forgot his name - who recorded the songs "room..." and another one. good recording.

Itīs Kelly Shaefer who recorded the demos "Eye for an eye" and "Room 169" with the guys during their "Project"-Phase. He would get my vote, because he was brilliant in Neurotica. Good voice and vibe.

C ya

Matt.E.Zin

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit

Offline jack_lives_here

• Sniper Assassin
  • I got some genuine imitation bad apples...
and I'd like to hear Eddie Vedder give it a go, but I know it's not gonna happen. I can dream, can't I? :lol:

stop trying to break up my favourite band! :D

Offline gnrslash49

• Target Practice
  • Alnico II
nice i saw Izzy Stradlin somewhere on this thread, that would be pretty cool! prolly would never evern happen though.

Offline DocLovett

• Gunslinger
  • booze and pills and powders...
    • Mojo Gurus

Plenty of singers out there could easily fill Scott's shoes, Ian Astbury was a very interesting suggestion made earlier.
I agree about Bach, terrible choice, it would limit them severely, basically turning them into a bad 80s style heavy band.

Offline flower

• Straight Shooter
Chris Cornell? great sure but nah, why the fuck would HE agree to, need to, want to? try to be realistic, that's like saying Bono, yeah or James Hetfield

Offline Slash1337

• Gunslinger
1. Dio
2. Chuck Berry!
3. Ozzy
4. Rob Zombie
5. B.B. King LOL
6. Steven Tyler

And my last two favourite choices of all, the lead singer of Still Water (Almost Famous) and Dewey Cox (Walk Hard).

I hope everyone gets the sarcasim..

Offline CristinaG

• Target Practice

But didn't Slash say once, they were not interested in female singers cause sooner or later someone in the band ends up making up with the chick, and everything ends up in a big mess.
However, if the singer is a lesbian, that may not happen. I'd vote for Linda Perry. Didn't you guys see her singing Whole lotta love with Slash playing. She rocks!!

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!

oh man dilana would soooo work

either that or eric dover, then they could so Snakepit songs!!

Offline Mer

• Pea Gun Newbie
Josh Todd...I watched a video clip of him singing 'Lovely Bones' yesterday and I honestly think he could do justice to the songs.

I was going to suggest him too! he'd fit the part really well and has the same singing style and look!!!!

I have another idea though....it requires an open mind but i think it could work !!!! ...maybe Slash would change his mind on the female singer thing!

Shirley Manson from Garbage could pull it off really well!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 10:55:55 AM by Mer »