Author Topic: Who Should The New Singer Be?  (Read 81649 times)

Offline Strangewingz

• Pea Gun Newbie
With Buckcherry's new found success, I doubt Josh Todd will leave...

Offline Philth

• Sniper Assassin
  • Iron Ego
    • PhilthTube
Someone new and fresh with no major habits and no 80's tendencies.

An unknown singer would be great.  Anyone but Sebastian 'Still Living Like It's 19-fucking-89' Bach.

Maybe a Rockstar Supernova kind of thing would be a good idea.

Whenever a singer leaves a band, or a band reforms without the singer, I always think they should experiment, like play a few gigs or record an album with a different singer on each song.  It would be interesting to see VR do that.

Offline seely

• Straight Shooter

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!

Right

Quote from: Philth
Maybe a Rockstar Supernova kind of thing would be a good idea.

Wrong. Very very wrong. Do auditions, sure, but don't make a tv series out of it.

I'll pen (keyboard?) my suggestion - Walt Lafty of Silvertide. It'd kinda hurt that he's 15 years younger than the rest of the guys though...
I'm scraping the barrel a little

Offline JoAbbey

• Target Practice

I know,he just the only one I can see singing any of the VR songs...I don't actually want him to leave Buckcherry either come to think of it cos I'd like to see them live so probably was a bit of a stupid suggestion to make!!!

Offline Philth

• Sniper Assassin
  • Iron Ego
    • PhilthTube
Jesus, no.  Imagine the lyrical content.

"I met a girl,
We had sex.
Yeah, sex.
I have sex.
With girls!
In the minge!"

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
No Rockstar Supernova thing. that lasted like a week, and everyone's doing there own thing. pointless.

Josh Todd. not for VR IMO.

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!
Jesus, no.  Imagine the lyrical content.

"I met a girl,
We had sex.
Yeah, sex.
I have sex.
With girls!
In the minge!"

TWICE!

Offline Dutchizzy

• Sniper Assassin
    • red
I'd go for Sheldon Tarsha, ex Adler's Appetite singer.. now, don't let Adler's Appetite scare you off cause the guy can sing (and ain't a Axl clone) 8)

http://www.myspace.com/tarsharock

Listen to 'Slow Down' and 'Dirty'
Wasn't he the guy who was talking about how cool and 'rock n' roll' it is to steal all your bands money, cancel all the shows and leave your band mates and fans hanging with no notice whatsoever so you can go off and do drugs?

Doesn't really sound like the kind of person they'd go for to me.

He said that? Hmm must've missed that. All I know is he refused to do the AFD reunion gig last year were Izzy and Duff showed up.

I still think he'd be a great pick, unknown with the big public, cool voice and catchy melodies. I ain't a big fan of the backing music on his MySpace but the two more classic rock tracks he did with Steven A sounded great..

Offline owmmusic

• Pea Gun Newbie
I'm thinking either someone relatively unknown (but still with some indie experience), or well known and unexpected solo artist like Lenny Kravitz.

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Lenny Kravitz, interesting idea, but he's better suited to being a solo artist IMO.

not really VR's sound TBH.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
I like Josh Todd's voice, and he's a great frontman, it's just like Slash said though I don't think it's melodic enough for Velvet Revolver, can you see him singing something like Fall To Peices, Sucker Train Blues, Gravedancer....he could pull off stuff like Pills, Demons Etc. though.

Offline owmmusic

• Pea Gun Newbie
Travis Meeks was an interesting name that was mentioned before, but he's got Days of the New back out now.

Offline gro

• Unloaded
how about someone like rod jackson..?

i also like the thought of izzy joining the band, but i guess that would have too much of a GN'R feel to it.

Offline owmmusic

• Pea Gun Newbie
Since Matt was the one band member who was constantly critical and negative even back in the VH1 special, I say they should make him sing while playing drums and put him on the spot.

Offline flower

• Straight Shooter
can't believe someone seriously said Axl Rose? that would be incredibly ironic, but wouldn't the band then be Guns N Roses? well, anyways, the possible future VR with a no-name singer releasing albums on indie labels is something I doubt will happen, they're just too  proud to admit they need Scott...well, atleast for me it's over, I've lost interest. it was good while it lasted..

• Sniper Assassin
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Since Matt was the one band member who was constantly critical and negative even back in the VH1 special, I say they should make him sing while playing drums and put him on the spot.

He sings all the backing vocals whilst drumming anyway, so it's not going to be that hard.

The Drummer from The Eagles Don Henley does it pretty well.

Offline owmmusic

• Pea Gun Newbie
A drummer singing backing vocals is totally different than singing lead.  Either task alone physically drains a person.  Not many people can do both at once.

Offline DRRROUS

• Unloaded
I would like Rob Zombie.... But I think that he's not the style of Velvet Revolver  :(     

Offline owmmusic

• Pea Gun Newbie
How about Maynard from Tool?  Maybe it's not realistic, but I'm just speculating at this point.

Offline AMO

• Pea Gun Newbie
No Skid Roses! Please Lord!!!

Offline rock.freak667

• Gunslinger
I saw one of their music videos today...oddly enough the way the lead was dressed..reminded me of how Scott dressed...and well the bassist reminded me of Nikki Sixx...odd...

Offline AnthonyB14

• Pea Gun Newbie
JOHN GARCIA!!! Or Chris Cornell maybe? both great singers, but I really wanna see John get some recognition for once!

Offline CristinaG

• Target Practice
can't believe someone seriously said Axl Rose? that would be incredibly ironic, but wouldn't the band then be Guns N Roses? well, anyways, the possible future VR with a no-name singer releasing albums on indie labels is something I doubt will happen, they're just too  proud to admit they need Scott...well, atleast for me it's over, I've lost interest. it was good while it lasted..
Well, at this point anything is possible, and if STP is reuniting, who knows...
This is so sad  :no: