Author Topic: Who Should The New Singer Be?  (Read 81412 times)

Offline tntnoyes

• Straight Shooter
    • TN Youtube
TNT

I listened to your stuff again and you sound allot like Axl, please take that as a compliment cause no matter if you do or don't like him or Scott they both had there time etched in the granite of Rock and Roll and I like both of them as far as talent is concerned!!!
Just thought I'd let ya know you are good in my opinion!!!!!!!
Well thanks for the compliment Monkey. I like Scott and Axl. I get alot of the Axl thing comments on my Youtube videos. It's just me.  :) I think Axl was one of the best singer/frontmen to perform, well when he did..lol actually. I loved what Scott did with STP, but not my fave with VR, but still kick ass. The Axl sound could've hurt me on the audition but many have commented that I should contact Slash and do some GNR with him..lol. IDFK, just all depends what the VR guys are looking for.

Offline monkey1

• Pea Gun Newbie
Thank you Nikita, I can't get enough of hearing that, I've said this here before I would give anything to have fans like you who love music so much, you are the rock that makes it all roll..........THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
I did the audition thing as well and some of us will never know if we had been heard or not but I would love to hear what you did with the songs, you can go to www.myspace.com/groundzerohoutx to hear mine they are titled Hollywood and Leave it at That, you will know the music right away but I have wondered what others who got asked did?

FUCKING HELL  :o ! your band is so good !
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
please, I'm not talking about Fergie. I'm being SERIOUS

Now, what do you think about a woman for VR ? is that fucking possible??? I wonder.. does that woman exist? is she does, what should she be like??? do you think women can rock and be as creditable as Robert Plant or Mick Jagger???

umm.. just sth I wonder

christina aguilera sang with the stones

Offline andys revolver

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • NEEEXT !!!
please, I'm not talking about Fergie. I'm being SERIOUS

Now, what do you think about a woman for VR ? is that fucking possible??? I wonder.. does that woman exist? is she does, what should she be like??? do you think women can rock and be as creditable as Robert Plant or Mick Jagger???

umm.. just sth I wonder

christina aguilera sang with the stones

so sheryl Crow. and none is viewed as a potential vocalist of a rock band...

Offline slashsarmada

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • slash. and the word armada is cool...>_>
steven tyler is nt longer in aerosmith at the moment idk how long that will last but aerosmith is looking for a new singer...so....maybe VR would get STEVEN FREAKIN TYLER WOOOOOOO i know its pretty much a dream but still that would be awesome

maybe the dude from whitesnake lol

Offline andys revolver

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • NEEEXT !!!
steven tyler is nt longer in aerosmith at the moment idk how long that will last but aerosmith is looking for a new singer...so....maybe VR would get STEVEN FREAKIN TYLER WOOOOOOO i know its pretty much a dream but still that would be awesome

steven tyler could be the only singer we won't hate from the very start, but it could be worse later.. cause if it doesn't work, we'll hate him with twice the passion

if you know what i mean  :|

Offline slashsarmada

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • slash. and the word armada is cool...>_>
Yeah i know what you mean, personally i hope they get someone that isnt famous and is just starting out you know? to like throw in some new talent...also i would love to see rod jackson from snakepit's aint lufe grand album i love that dudes voice more than like....life lol

Offline NIKITA

• Pea Gun Newbie
Thank you Nikita, I can't get enough of hearing that, I've said this here before I would give anything to have fans like you who love music so much, you are the rock that makes it all roll..........THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
I did the audition thing as well and some of us will never know if we had been heard or not but I would love to hear what you did with the songs, you can go to www.myspace.com/groundzerohoutx to hear mine they are titled Hollywood and Leave it at That, you will know the music right away but I have wondered what others who got asked did?

FUCKING HELL  :o ! your band is so good !
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where's the shy smiley?  :oops:   hehe  you're welcome.

Offline ddsim2003

• Straight Shooter
  • Go too far, then you will know how far you can go.
    • David Sean Simpson's VR audition page
yee haa !  I'm opening for Kiss this Friday !   for real... not a joke.

Sesquehana Bank Center- Camden NJ - Octane ! 

DSS 

Offline tntnoyes

• Straight Shooter
    • TN Youtube
Hellll yeah!!! Congrats man....was it the contest thing?
yee haa !  I'm opening for Kiss this Friday !   for real... not a joke.

Sesquehana Bank Center- Camden NJ - Octane ! 

DSS 

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
Figures I'd miss it.  My ship just pulled in this morning, and now I have to drive all the way back home.  Maybe I can catch Octane soon.  They're a kick ass band.

Saturday, August 21st  -  Gypsy Bar @ Borgata - Atlantic City, NJ
Saturday, August 28th  -  Whiskey Tango - Philadelphia, PA
Friday, September 3rd  -  Gypsy Bar @ Borgata - Atlantic City, NJ
Saturday, September 4th  -  Tom N Jerry's - Milmont Park, PA

Fuck.  Nothing near Boston, eh.  IIRC, Slash was coming around to Boston.....

House of Blues Boston
Boston, MA
07:00 PM WAAF Pres. Slash featuring Myles Kennedy w/ TAB the Band, Taddy Porter

Kick ass!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:47:58 AM by maxxoccupancy »

Offline ddsim2003

• Straight Shooter
  • Go too far, then you will know how far you can go.
    • David Sean Simpson's VR audition page
Ah Thanks Maxx. Just getting back to view the post- Kiss show. Sure - way cool to share a stage with a vending machine named Kiss. I have a real problem with a group that feels the need to charge their fans a K just to take a pic with them. I mean cummon. They were pissing about because the arena wasn't sold out and that the 1st 20 rows weren't losing their minds watching the show. Lets get real: blue collar town + 100-200 per ticket -probably more.. how about charge 30-50 per ticket, make it general admission- with seating control so no one gets tramped. Sell out the whole fucking place, watch the kids that can afford realistic prices in this economy have a great time in the front row. The band gets the adulation they want-  the fans get a great high energy show because the band is feeding off the audience's energy.
They certainly don't need the money. Yeah it costs alot, crews, overhead etc etc... but they could tighten their margins up some...
This economy has people in a stranglehold. Kiss should be thanking their lucky stars their fans are still willing to come see them and pay the prices they are demanding. 
I'm sorry. It's really hard to respect that. The Kiss Army has bought a country club. Want in ? it'll cost you- plenty.

Now musically.. as a band-fucking awesome. Opened with Cold Gin, right into Deuce... fuck ya. They do music right. Now just stop being so fucking greedy and you have me back as a fan.

Their crew was great - really terrific bunch.  The band never said boo to us. Doc M had them in a tizzy because the ticket sales were light- by their standards.
Fine- want to sell it out ? - lower the god damn prices ! Doc McTwit..... fucking oi.   

Offline Shocker

• Gunslinger
Wonder if Slash & Co. have checked out this guy from the Australian X Factor. Great voice, awesome stage presence.

Living on a Prayer

Beautiful Day

Hey Soul Sisiter

Eye of the Tiger

Summer of 69

From his old band Masonia Masonia ftg Altiyan Childs

Offline born2boogie

• Sniper Assassin
  • I MISS VR
    • Poetry Forum
no..

if we was going to go down the x-faxtor road I would have gone for a guy called Storm Lee  :lol: