Author Topic: Who Should The New Singer Be?  (Read 81411 times)

Offline gnrslash49

• Target Practice
  • Alnico II
This is a Huge question in my mind. Id Love to hear some Eric Dover, what about you?

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
nice, another topic where I can recommend Dave Coutts. I think they should hire Dave Coutts to be the new singer. He's filled Weiland's shoes before, I think he can do it again.

Offline Pine Barrens

• Pea Gun Newbie
Someone new and fresh with no major habits and no 80's tendencies.

Offline gnrslash49

• Target Practice
  • Alnico II
yea no douche bag tendencies lol.  Someone who wont get jelouse of other band members and leave....(Cough)(Cough)Scott(Cough)(Cough). 

Offline MightyJoeBrett

• Gunslinger
  • www.stonetemplepilots.com
Scott didn't get jealous, he wanted to go back to his original band and play with his best buddies and not just for a "corporation."

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
I knew you were gonna say something B. Scott wasn't jealous of anybody in the band, he just hated Matt Sorum. And could ya honestly blame him? BTW, that's a rhetorical question.

EDIT: Again, Dave Coutts. I'm not gonna stop suggesting him.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:14:59 PM by The Action Girls »

Offline HEKSEN

• Straight Shooter
  • Hard Rocker
    • HEKSEN ROCK HOUSE
ok... this is the thread to propose a name for VR new singer, if you want to keep talking about Scott Weilan, please leave.

Ok...

Ian Astbury
Josh Todd

Offline MightyJoeBrett

• Gunslinger
  • www.stonetemplepilots.com
If that gnrslash dude wouldn't have said anything, I wouldn't have said anything.

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
If that gnrslash dude wouldn't have said anything, I wouldn't have said anything.

And if B didn't say anything, I would have said something... still.

And again, Dave Coutts.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:19:18 PM by The Action Girls »

Offline user FKA webmoster

• Pea Gun Newbie
My vote goes to Mike Patton

Offline kimberly

• Pea Gun Newbie
Donovan Leitch (Jr that is) would be pretty interesting I think.

Offline tybaby

• Straight Shooter
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/axlism/vrbach.jpg

god I hope not....I can listen to Baz for all of about 30 seconds and then I'm done for another 6 months.

Offline Dutchizzy

• Sniper Assassin
    • red
No Bach please... but I don't think they will judging from Slash's bio and other mentionings in interviews.

I'd go for Sheldon Tarsha, ex Adler's Appetite singer.. now, don't let Adler's Appetite scare you off cause the guy can sing (and ain't a Axl clone) 8)

http://www.myspace.com/tarsharock

Listen to 'Slow Down' and 'Dirty'
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:04:43 AM by Dutchizzy »

Offline slashfan131

• Pea Gun Newbie
i think is should be chris cornell or maybe josh todd if possible. I like sebastian but that would just be to 80's not that i dont like the 80's or that type of music i just dont think it is a good image for the band just like when they wouldnt tour with poison

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
I think that VR should take submissions, again, but be more specific about demo tapes this time.
BTW, does anyone else know of a tribute band effort? I do a pretty good lead and know the songs. Im willing to travel.

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
well im still getting over the fact scott is no longer in VR?? are we sure?? so to get a new singer I so vote for sabastian hes awsome and hes hot 8) :D

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
I'd go for Sheldon Tarsha, ex Adler's Appetite singer.. now, don't let Adler's Appetite scare you off cause the guy can sing (and ain't a Axl clone) 8)

http://www.myspace.com/tarsharock

Listen to 'Slow Down' and 'Dirty'
Wasn't he the guy who was talking about how cool and 'rock n' roll' it is to steal all your bands money, cancel all the shows and leave your band mates and fans hanging with no notice whatsoever so you can go off and do drugs?

Doesn't really sound like the kind of person they'd go for to me.

Offline JustAnotherTattoo

• Gunslinger
  • ... and I'm movin' on ...
    • MyWorld@MySpace
1. chris cornell: his name was around before scott was in... might be alright. different to "normal" rock singers like scott was - but different.

2. the guy - forgot his name - who recorded the songs "room..." and another one. good recording.

I don't think guys like eric dover or sebastian bach fit. nothing special for me.

but I would like to get a guy like pink - she rocks, has a great voice and performance. yeah... why not?! :D

Offline JoAbbey

• Target Practice
Josh Todd...I watched a video clip of him singing 'Lovely Bones' yesterday and I honestly think he could do justice to the songs.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Donovan Leitch or Steve Isaacs... they're already connected to the band, and they're not doing anything at the moment.

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Donovan Leitch or Steve Isaacs... they're already connected to the band, and they're not doing anything at the moment.
I'd actually love to hear what they'd come up with if they got Steve in. Not sure how he'd do singing Scott's songs but it'd be interesting to see what they could come up with of their own.

Donovan I'm not so sure about. He's got a fantastic voice but I can't really imagine it working with VR's music.