Author Topic: Bass Amps?  (Read 3147 times)

Offline RockAndRollOver

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • \m/(>.<)\m/
So my bass amp died a few months ago, and I'm looking for a new one. I've had to put it through a guitar amp which isn't much fun. The amp I had wasn't a very good one, it was a beginner practice amp (a Peavy MAX 126, only 10W) which is no longer ideal for me because I've been playing for like 5 years. The thing is, I don't have too much money to spend and the amp has to be transportable without taking up the whole trunk of the car. It also shouldn't be less than 15W. Since this was my first bass amp, and I didn't buy it myself (it was a gift) I don't really have much expereience looking for bass amps. I need suggestions from anyone who owns a great, cheap bass amp.

PS - not sure if this was the right place to post this...but if it's not then sorry

Offline ddsim2003

• Straight Shooter
  • Go too far, then you will know how far you can go.
    • David Sean Simpson's VR audition page
So my bass amp died a few months ago, and I'm looking for a new one. I've had to put it through a guitar amp which isn't much fun. The amp I had wasn't a very good one, it was a beginner practice amp (a Peavy MAX 126, only 10W) which is no longer ideal for me because I've been playing for like 5 years. The thing is, I don't have too much money to spend and the amp has to be transportable without taking up the whole trunk of the car. It also shouldn't be less than 15W. Since this was my first bass amp, and I didn't buy it myself (it was a gift) I don't really have much expereience looking for bass amps. I need suggestions from anyone who owns a great, cheap bass amp.

PS - not sure if this was the right place to post this...but if it's not then sorry

GK800RB - I ran one over once and it still worked great for years.