Author Topic: What influences do you think that the next VR album should have? Proposed names?  (Read 10856 times)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
There's no rule about a maximum number of guitars in a band.  Once you have a bass and a lead, you could have five rhythm guitars and find work for all of them if you've got the creativity.  I've seen so many combinations that work, and there's no real need to bound yourself to the traditional five man band.

Offline Dutchizzy

• Sniper Assassin
    • red
There's no rule about a maximum number of guitars in a band.  Once you have a bass and a lead, you could have five rhythm guitars and find work for all of them if you've got the creativity.  I've seen so many combinations that work, and there's no real need to bound yourself to the traditional five man band.

More then 2 guitarists is overkill.. it's just a rock n roll band, not a circus

And yes I know that there are 3 guitars playing on a lot of original/real GN'R songs and even on Izzy's tunes, but still.. 2 guitarists are enough. ;)

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
I can write for a bass player and four guitars.  You don't have to produce four Les Pauls with Marshall Amps all on the same settings.  You mix and match, and that gives you more range.