Author Topic: SLASH's QUART Festival 'Wish List' Revealed?  (Read 4301 times)

Offline The Snakepit

• Gunslinger
According to Side2, former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash is trying to get Robbie Williams, Fergie (BLACK EYED PEAS), Jack White (THE WHITE STRIPES) and Fred Durst (LIMP BIZKIT) to join him for his headlining appearance at next year's edition of the Quart festival, set to take place June 30 - July 4, 2009 in Kristiansand, Norway. Slash will perform a mixture of old and new material on the festival's opening day.

Slash was in Norway earlier this month to promote his appearance at the Quart festival. His interview with Oslo TV can be viewed below.

Slash's wife Perla Hudson said in a video interview at Rockerrazzi.com that both Ozzy Osbourne and Fergie will make guest appearances on her husband's upcoming solo album. Slash himself told The Pulse of Radio that he was still working out the guest list. "I'm using different singers for each song, so we're figuring out which song goes with which person and I'm not sort of divulging the list of singers, but they're all well-known singers and...sort of, you know, like I go and play on a lot of other people's records, so I'm just making a record and gonna have people come play on this one, you know."

Hudson also said that Slash "feels great" about this week's release of the long-delayed "Chinese Democracy" from his former band, GUNS N' ROSES. She remarked, "He feels great about it. It's long-awaited. Our kids like it but they also like 'Elmo', so that goes without saying."

Slash left GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'90s, forming SLASH'S SNAKEPIT before later assembling VELVET REVOLVER with several other ex-members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland.

VELVET REVOLVER is currently searching for a replacement for Weiland, who was dismissed last April. Slash told Billboard.com on October 24 that the band has been approached by some well-known names, saying, "There's been a couple that might have been interesting, but...it's really hard to make something sound original if you've got somebody people are so familiar with hearing somewhere else."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109695

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRSTbMQOHbc

Offline Limberly

For some reason, I'm finding it hard to believe that Fred Durst is part of that lineup........... :?

Offline Scout

• Target Practice
  • "Ever drunk Baileys from a shoe?"
And also Robbie Williams, as in another interview Slash admitted he can never remember his name  :lol:

Offline mickslogun

• Sniper Assassin
    • Smoke Screens
Slash also said he wasn't revealing names until much later and when it was all confirmed, i don't really see why he'd suddenly say who he wants to be with him. And as they're doing old blues and rock songs, why would robbie and fred be suitable?

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Robbie's voice is actually quite versatile.  Sounds good doing pop, swing or rock.  But Fred?  If that is true, I hope Slash realises that Mr. Durst has been a joke for years, and being associated with him is very nearly career suicide (unless you're Wes Borland).

Y'never know though... it's a long shot, but it could spark a Limp Bizkit come-back that people are actually interested in. ;)

Offline Sami

• Pea Gun Newbie
Wouldn't it be cool if Michael Jackson was a guest on Slash's solo album? :D

Offline grhgorhs

• Pea Gun Newbie
That`s a good idea my friend and lenny gravich too :headbanger:

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
I think the Quart Festival wish list is totally seperate from his solo album

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I'm pretty sure that he'll be playing tracks from his solo record.  So it'd make sense to have the singers that will be on it, no?

Offline Rok_Fan666

• Target Practice
  • It's as clear as the balls on a tall dog
Ahh, I'm not too sure about this... The signs are obviously hinting that those would be the singers for his new album....but I don't like their music much so I'm trying to find reasons why it cant be Fergie or Fred.... but Jack White is pretty sick, so i'm pumped about that :D:D

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
fergie is very likely i'd say. he's played with her quite a few times now.

Offline Javier Ochoa

• Target Practice
    • Rockin' Slash!
Yes, it's true. In fact, Slash's invited her to his birthday party and they played a few songs together

I can't wait to watch this show !!!

Offline velvetqueen

• Sniper Assassin
According to Side2, former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash is trying to get Robbie Williams, Fergie (BLACK EYED PEAS), Jack White (THE WHITE STRIPES) and Fred Durst (LIMP BIZKIT) to join him for his headlining appearance at next year's edition of the Quart festival, set to take place June 30 - July 4, 2009 in Kristiansand, Norway. Slash will perform a mixture of old and new material on the festival's opening day.
i have to admit that i am quite disappointed about these artists. i was hoping for other people. but what the hell, slash will be there!

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger
  • just a small town white boy...
I hope Slash would play some old GNR tunes that he hasnt played in a long time, on his new solo tour or on the next VR tour....

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
I hope Slash would play some old GNR tunes that he hasnt played in a long time, on his new solo tour or on the next VR tour....

The idiot pit is that way.... *points*

Offline gunner22

• Gunslinger
  • just a small town white boy...

The idiot pit is that way.... *points*

so you dont want to see Slash playing "Nightrain" for example? come on... that'd be fuckin awesome...

or "Out ta get me"...

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
Yes, it's true. In fact, Slash's invited her to his birthday party and they played a few songs together

I can't wait to watch this show !!!

You forgot to mention that Fergie invited Slash to her Wedding and they performed together. ;)