Author Topic: Sons Of Anarchy  (Read 6832 times)

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
how do you all like this show?

I think it should be a great series.

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
Honestly? It looks like complete shit to me.

I'm not one for new TV series nowadays anyways (rhyme!) because they usually have no good plot, and most are just thrown together.

Anyone remember "Head Cases"? LMAO.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Never heard of this... but anyhow... 24?  Lost?  Heroes?  Are you seriously telling me these shows have no good plot?

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
Never heard of this... but anyhow... 24?  Lost?  Heroes?  Are you seriously telling me these shows have no good plot?

Yep. To be honest, I hate primetime television. Give the show a watch, maybe it'll be good, who knows.

BRING BACK DANZA!!!

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
I'm with The Action Girls somewhat. I don't like much TV; 24, Lost, they could very well have awesome plots, I just don't like watching them.

Sons of Anarchy is a bit cliché, but I could watch it a few more times to see if it'll develop.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
i dont watch tv series like this. This is the first one i think, i watch news and shows like family guy or mythbusters or ice road truckers. But this show seems like a good solid show.

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
I watch women's tennis. Go figure.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
I would agree with Heroes if last season had never happened, but it did. Season 2 was one of the biggest dropoffs in quality I have ever seen.

Mad Men has plot.
So does Dexter.

You don't have to look far.

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
I would agree with Heroes if last season had never happened, but it did. Season 2 was one of the biggest dropoffs in quality I have ever seen.

Heroes Season 2 had exactly the same pacing as Season 1... started off slow, and then got more and more interesting as the episodes went on.  If the Writer's Strike hadn't have interrupted it just as it was picking up, it would have been way up there with Season 1.  As it stands, it was a short and boring season up until the last few episodes... but that was down to the strike, and not a lack of ideas.  I can't wait for Season 3 to start later in the month.

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Season 2 suffered because of some of the characters, whereas the characters were the strength in season one. I really found myself annoyed with the direction some of the stories took, especially Hiro's. It was such a roundabout way to bring in a new character.

Season 3 looks terrific. NBC is basically apologizing for season 2 in their marketing for season 3, which I find amusing.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
can we please keep this to Sons of Anarchy. ;)

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Sure.

It is trying to hard to be meaningful. Well acted, but poorly scripted. There is better on TV.

Happy?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
It is trying to hard to be meaningful. Well acted, but poorly scripted. There is better on TV.

/thread

The cast/acting is awesome, but stronger writers would be an asset.

Offline cos78

• Straight Shooter
  • Devil's Child
The reason why I watch Sons Of Anarchy is because of Ron Pearlman.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
Only two more episodes.  Its getting so intense.  Big spoilers but I won't mention them.  All I can say is wow.