Author Topic: Looks like Dave has been busy too!  (Read 7711 times)

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Aside from becoming a new dad this summer, looks like Dave has been busy only not on staqe. ;)

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/fascinating%20f act%205925_1079488

VELVET REVOLVER - FASCINATING FACT 5925

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist DAVE KUSHNER has co-written the main theme and end credit theme music for new U.S. TV biker drama SONS OF ANARCHY.

09/05/2008 01:32:08 AM

At least finally some news on what Dave's been up to!  :)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
^I've been quite eager to see that too!!

cool!

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
that show rules.

didnt know Dave wrote the theme.

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
The main theme does scream Dave. :lol:

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Good to hear that!  Didn't know that.  I've seen it advertised, many times, and always look up and watch the ads, for it, when they come on.  I'll have to check it out, if only just to hear the theme music!!   

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I missed the pilot when it came out a few days ago, but watched it tonight...I'm definitely gonna have to watch that show. Great cast; looks like it could be a strong series.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
i didnt get the end.  I don know if his ex was dieing or what. She was foaming at the mouth.  That mom was a bitch putting the needle in the bible.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
^The needle was for her to commit suicide with.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
I know, so im guessing she did then.

I think im gonna start a thread for this show.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
Good to see Dave is getting up to stuff. I'll look out for this show.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
That mom was a bitch putting the needle in the bible.

Yeah. Who can blame her for hating the woman that overdosed on heroin with her unborn grandson still in her stomach? That stupid bitch. :roll:

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
What about when she was yelling at the nurse?

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
There was no yelling. It's the first episode for fuck sakes. There will obviously be a back story.

Offline rhyte

• Sniper Assassin
  • SL-U-VE-T, Bish.
Anybody figured out a local to hear the song all the way through? I've been searching but no luck.

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
Anybody figured out a local to hear the song all the way through? I've been searching but no luck.

yeah, i'd like to hear the song

Offline rhyte

• Sniper Assassin
  • SL-U-VE-T, Bish.
AHA!

I'm dogged NOT obsessed. :lol:

"The Sound
By soaproduction at 2:45 pm

The Sound:

Music for the show plays a crucial part in depicting the world of Samcro as well as the simplicity of life in a town like Charming. It must reflect both the authentic rebelliousness and freedom of the club lifestyle but also have playful Americana undertones.

The man responsible for capturing this is acclaimed producer/songwriter/musician Bob Thiele Jr., whose major task as theme song composer and co-music supervisor is to make the music as authentic as possible. He does this by drawing from a specific musical palette, using a great deal of guitar and accordion, keeping it simple as anything too orchestral or overly computer generated becomes distracting and can hinder instead of adding to the characters and their stories. This very notion is best captured in the show’s theme song “This Life.”

For the song, Bob teamed up with guitarist/songwriter/and all around badass Dave Kushner of the band Velvet Revolver, as well as famed musician Curtis Stigers (who sings it.) The three are in works to lay down a full recording of the song to be available soon. Further details to follow…" (***emphasis added, cuz I think he's an all around badass too!***)

It has a name!!!