Author Topic: solo headspace  (Read 7234 times)

Offline lordofthestrings

• Pea Gun Newbie
anyone knows how to do it???tab anything??

Offline snakepipero

• Sniper Assassin
amazin' solo  :) but sorry i can't help you

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
buy the sheet music, it has tab with it

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
learn by ear
U must be pretty genius to learn with ear. excatly note by note.

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
learn by ear
U must be pretty genius to learn with ear. excatly note by note.

i am.

There are some basics that one should learn about guitar playing...

1: If you are not making an effort to learn stuff by ear, might as well take up the triangle or something.

2: Playing same solos live note by note is boring and un-creative for a guitarist. Figure the base of a solo and improvise.

or...if you can't..as i said, take up the triangle.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:05:08 AM by Ezikiel »

Offline mastervolume10

• Pea Gun Newbie
+1

thats why i first wanted to post the tabs but then didn't. there are so many boring coverbands out there that play note by note. i'm sick of that.

btw, it's not being genious, it's being patient, learning by doing/failure

Offline Beast-from-Snakepit

• Gunslinger
  • Slashoholic and proud of it
most solos i play are based on the "right" slash solos but i improvise quite often

its fun!

Offline lordofthestrings

• Pea Gun Newbie
i agree with you guys i love to improvise in the songs..but the way that slash does that solo i'ts a lot of his fast playing certain passages that he does in that solo is a lot of what he does...it's like that he slides that fingers doing the solo and thnks guys

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
+1

thats why i first wanted to post the tabs but then didn't. there are so many boring coverbands out there that play note by note. i'm sick of that.

don't bother arguing that here though...unless you want a hernia from alot of stupid posts, like the one from Melody. People talk here from there asses instead of their brains.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Ezikiel got it right. Learning it perfectly note for note is fucking boring. If you wanna be a clone guitarist, dig up the tabs. There's a friend for us named Google; as him.

Nobody bothers to LEARN instruments anymore. I blame Guitar Hero  :lol:

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
+1

don't bother arguing that here though...unless you want a hernia from alot of stupid posts, like the one from Melody. People talk here from there asses instead of their brains.
Ur lame to but if u learn by ear ur good. Anyway what's your problem beavis.WHat argueing im just saying solos are pretty fast and note by note is hard. riff it's no problem to me if learning riff with ear.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:01:35 AM by Melody »

Offline Limberly

• Staff
+1

Ezikiel,

Insulting people, here, like you did above, is not needed and will not be tolerated.  Next time, think before you post.   

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
if i think before i post no one else will understand what i am saying though.  :(

As far as i see it that was not an insult to anyone, it was purely an observation. Unless i am not allowed to make observations as well...thats a different story then.

Offline Ezikiel

• Sniper Assassin
  • Tyrant
+1

Ur lame to but if u learn by ear ur good. Anyway what's your problem beavis.WHat argueing im just saying solos are pretty fast and note by note is hard. riff it's no problem to me if learning riff with ear.

please post in English next time..i am not very fluent in gibberish.

For the record Headspace won't be labeled as a fast solo, and you are reading over my post. Why would you want to learn a solo note to note? Why would you not rather figure the base of the solo and improvise. Slash does it all the time, and he learns by ear. Like he said in a interview about American Man that he does not even remember how some of the parts were played on the recorded version because they were just improvisations.

When you learn by ear you actually understand guitar as an instrument. You know the keys, the scales and what every note represents. All this makes one a better composer more than a guitar player, which after sometime becomes more important.

Offline mastervolume10

• Pea Gun Newbie
Well, Slash said he learned "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" note by note. I guess sometimes there is a song you really want to cover exactly. But he also learned it by ear. I agree that Ezikiel's post was a little harsh, a LITTLE, so nothing to worry about. I'm more worried why you don't move this to "Musician to Musician", Limberly.

For Headspace.... it's really not a fast song, so i really guess that somebody who asks for these tabs is a beginner, which is great.
But if he is, we can at least prevent him from becoming one of those "guitar hero and tabs-guitarists". He has the chance to not mess his musical talent up.
Music is done by ear, not by eye. It takes longer in the beginning to get the exact notes, but u will get it pretty fast and used to it, lordofthestrings. And u can trust us, it's a pleasure to hear a song someday in the future and know where to play it, before asking for tabs.

For the tabs in general: There are rare exact transcriptions, and for a beginner just one wrong written note makes him confused. And many of them are too complicated. I remember these GNR guitar books from cherry lane music. They made arrangements for two guitars which were weird, cause the studio record had like 3 or more guitars on it (UYI era). It just makes everything too complicated. Appetite was as easy as this: Slash played the bottom note and Izzy the Powerchord without the lowest note. Long text, short sense.......

Play by ear cause u will be proud of your own efforts and then write it down for the others who just don't wanna play by ear.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Play by ear cause u will be proud of your own efforts

There. Most important thing you need to know.

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
Play by ear cause u will be proud of your own efforts

There. Most important thing you need to know.
Well that's true  :P