Author Topic: New Velvet Revolver gig in Vegas!  (Read 6054 times)

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
The following is taken from snakepit.org.  Take it for what it's worth.  Looks like they plan on playing, but who knows, cancellations are a part of the game....

"Obviously, the band wants a new singer asap. In fact, there is a gig at Vegas that was contracted for before the breakup took place. SLASH says they are going to do the gig with a cast of well-known singers...like a revolving door, as he puts it. He says the band doesn't know what they want yet; they're just listening till "they know it when they hear it".

Offline VFnR7777

• Gunslinger
  • Let It Roll
    • www.myspace.com/mikeganrude
this sounds really cool. i wish i could go

Offline let_it_fede

• Gunslinger
  • i was born the same day of slash!
    • www.myspace.com/let_it_fede
yeah when? i red in a scott interview that was confirmed before they fired him!

Offline Velvet Roses

• Straight Shooter
  • Bam Zoom Straight to the moon!

Offline VelvetRevolver27

• Sniper Assassin
  • Where do we go now???

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
they dont know what they want yet? I think this will take sometime to find a new guy...

Offline cc4sc

• Gunslinger
But when???????? :roll:

I don't know either, but I would imagine this would be some sort of festival type gig if it is booked so far in advance and especially as a one-off and not part of a "tour".  Perhaps a summer festival or late summer/fall festival such as Vegoose.

Offline huqleberry

• Pea Gun Newbie

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what turns up. :?

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
That's always tough for a lead singer.  I can cover a pretty broad range of styles, but different bands I've been in contact with want different things.  It's that much tougher to try and second guess these guys.  If they know what style they want, you can do a sort of impression of another singer.  VR hasn't stated what style they're looking for.  An audition might take an hour or more if you are trying to figure out what band members are listening for.