Author Topic: Problem with Signature  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
  • "A sonic trip to where -- I don't know"
I know we got "search" for this cases... I swear that I searched and I found things, and I tried everything...but I don't get it  :?
All that I get as a signature is a link...  :shock:
Can someone give me a step by step about how can I do it???
I read that maybe I can't see them because of a slow connection or something like that, but not, I can see the avatars and all the signatures of everybody...
Pleaseeeeeeeeee Help!!!  :(  :D

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
It depends on what you're trying to do, but from the sounds of it, I'm guessing that you want a picture in your signature.

If that's the case, you'll have to use the image tag:

[img]replace this text with the link to your image[/img]

Make sure the image is a .jpeg, .jpg, .gif or .png file though, and that its size and dimesions are within the restrictions outlined in our signature guide lines (http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=25490.0#post_vrfrg31).

If you had something else in mind, you could use the preview function in a post/personal message to get the bulletin board code right before you copy the contents of the text box to the signature box in your profile's Forum Profile Information page. Alternatively, I (or another administrator) could do it for you if you give me (us) the link and tell me (us) what you want to do with it :)

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
Thanks!!! but now I have a new problem... :yes:
where could I upload the images to get the link??
because yestarday was OK but today my "avatar" disappeared...  :|
The size is alright 70x70...

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
If I remember correctly, your avatar was linked from www.picresize.com last night, but since they only supply a resizing service, the image will only be stored temporarily (30 minutes maybe?) on their server.

To host your avatar/signature, your best bet is probably to sign up for an account with a free image host such as www.imageshack.us, www.photobucket.com, www.flickr.com, etc.

Offline Agos_VR

• Sniper Assassin
Thanks again... no more problems!!!!  :D