Author Topic: New Singer Discussion Thread (Cite Official Sources Only)  (Read 208468 times)

Offline veryiz

• Pea Gun Newbie
He said that they were already working with someone before. I wonder what came of that.
yeah this is what i'm wondering about...i'm really confused

Offline cousin it

• Sniper Assassin
  • drunk, and disorderly
Goddamn people! they probably hired a PR firm. Wake up, this is not 1990.

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!
..........this aint a wize idea

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
I don't see whats wrong with it.

A lot of people seem to be reading a lot more into this than is actually there. All they said is that there will be a website for people to send in audition tapes to, but somehow a lot of people are interpreting that as meaning some sort of online talent show/reality TV thing and I can't understand how anyone made the jump from one to the other.

Just because auditions are being sent online rather than via snail mail doesn't mean it'll all be public and certinally not that it'll be some kind of reality TV thing. It's just a quicker, easier version of the traditional system.

Offline Pabloray

• Pea Gun Newbie

A lot of people seem to be reading a lot more into this than is actually there. All they said is that there will be a website for people to send in audition tapes to, but somehow a lot of people are interpreting that as meaning some sort of online talent show/reality TV thing and I can't understand how anyone made the jump from one to the other.

Just because auditions are being sent online rather than via snail mail doesn't mean it'll all be public and certinally not that it'll be some kind of reality TV thing. It's just a quicker, easier version of the traditional system.

You read my mind. I was thinking the same thing :D

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!

my view is i dont want them finding a random that has no history..no offence but they will have no idea what they are like in the long run.

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
would you rather they pick someone well known with a shit load of issues?

Offline LeCoy

• Gunslinger
  • The King of Funk
That Las Vegas gig is one of the Justice Tour (or whatever it's called) dates.  It's with Tom Morello and Perry Farrell and Jerry Cantrell and stuff.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
Man....I thought they had at least some idea of who the new front man would be, but obviously they don't. Now it's probably gonna take years before they find one, like it took them years before Scott came along 

They're a lot more well known now than they were back then, so i doubt it will take them anywhere near as long as last time to find a new singer...

We'll see about that

Offline Velvet Roses

• Straight Shooter
  • Bam Zoom Straight to the moon!

Offline HEKSEN

• Straight Shooter
  • Hard Rocker
    • HEKSEN ROCK HOUSE

true story

Offline Velvet Roses

• Straight Shooter
  • Bam Zoom Straight to the moon!

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.

Offline Sourgirl23

• Straight Shooter
  • San Jose it's a sun-drenched town...
    • http://www.myspace.com/aliciasc
VEGAS !!!!!
WOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ferraz

• Target Practice
    • Myspace page
I'll try this !!!. Maybe I have some chance.

Offline Ben C

• Target Practice
how awesome would it be if someone from this forum ended up being the next VR singer?

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
how awesome would it be if someone from this forum ended up being the next VR singer?

:lol: that rock! yeah I like the idea I mean like slash said they are looking for someone who can really fit into VR, whatever the choice Ill be by their side 8)

Offline STP-VR

• Target Practice
He said that they were already working with someone before. I wonder what came of that.
yeah this is what i'm wondering about...i'm really confused

Nothing wrong with what they are doing, but I was skeptical of Slash's comments about the "new" singer not being ready for Europe yet.  There wasn't a singer, it was bs.

Offline Zesotar

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.velvetrevolver.foro.st
would you rather they pick someone well known with a shit load of issues?

Hahha yeah. I have no problem with a not famous singer, maybe it work better than a well-known one. The mean thing is he or she must be GREAT!

Offline HEKSEN

• Straight Shooter
  • Hard Rocker
    • HEKSEN ROCK HOUSE
well, good luck to everyone who will audition and sorry my english

Offline dazedandconfused

• Straight Shooter

my view is i dont want them finding a random that has no history..no offence but they will have no idea what they are like in the long run.

Surely they don't have any idea what anyone will be like in the long run, famous or otherwise? I'd have thought it would be pretty hard (bordering on imposssible) to predict what a singer will turn out like just on the basis of him being in the public eye previously.

That would be like saying "custard went really well with that crumble I had last week. Because that match worked really well it must work with every food - I'll have some on pizza next time." Moral of the story - custard might be the great, but that does not mean you can eat it with everything without worrying whether it will taste bad. In the same way that (insert talented famous singer here) might be awesome, but it is not possible to predict what him in VR will turn out like.

And yes, I do know that was a remarkably random and, if I'm honest, rubbish analogy, but I know what I'm getting at  :lol:  :lol: .

Offline kingdugan

• Pea Gun Newbie
VR needs a songwriter more than anything; Scotts voice may have not been the greatest, but he could write some powerful lyrics.

That's my main reason for wanting Izzy back, the guy writes some heavy lyrics.

Offline russkwtx

• Target Practice
^I  thought Axl wrote the lyrics and Izzy the music, subject to band revision.
And Izzy cannot sing worth a damn. Don't get me wrong, I have all of Izzy's solo albums and think he is great, but some of the lyrics are simple beyond belief.
But he can write a good riff.
I think Slash and Duff have shown they can write some pretty good songs.

Offline kingdugan

• Pea Gun Newbie
^  Izzy and Scott's voices arent that much off as far as vocal range is concerned. And I also own all of Izzy's albums; some songs are pedestrian, and some are pretty heavy (imho). And yes, Axl wrote most of the lyrics for the G N' R songs, but Izzy did contribute a bit more than just riffs.

Offline bsm5046

• Pea Gun Newbie
VR needs a songwriter more than anything; Scotts voice may have not been the greatest, but he could write some powerful lyrics.

That's my main reason for wanting Izzy back, the guy writes some heavy lyrics.

Scotts lyrics on Contraband were much better on Contraband than Libertad...There are many who dont think he put forth a solid effort on the Libertad lyrics.