Author Topic: New Singer Discussion Thread (Cite Official Sources Only)  (Read 207802 times)

Offline Diane

• Target Practice
  • Stellar
Courtesy: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003791399

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash tells Billboard.com that the band is creating a web site to audition singers. The new site will help Velvet Revolver replace Scott Weiland, whose April 1 dismissal from the band continued the public feud between the ex-frontman and his former bandmates.

"The band is actually talking about actually building a Web site [and] doing some auditions via that, so that's been something that's developing at this point," Slash explains, noting that it should be happening "in the next month or so."

Slash adds that he doesn't yet have anyone in mind for Weiland's replacement. "We're at that point of just listening to different things... it's one of those kind of situations where you can't really explain it to anybody because you'll know it when you hear it. So I'm waiting to get that feeling of, 'Yeah that's it.' "

In the meantime, Slash says Velvet Revolver has an upcoming gig in Las Vegas, which was booked before Weiland's departure, that will feature friends of the band taking turns at the microphone.

"I'm not gonna name any names, but a bunch of well-known people will get up and sing some songs, and then also bring up a couple people that we think are pretty good and might sing a couple songs," he says. "So it'd just be for fun."

As previously reported, former Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland will be spending his summer on an extensive North American tour with the recently reunited Stone Temple Pilots.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Why does everything have to be done like this? First it was a TV show, now a website...

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
All i feel from this way of doing things is how badly Scott is laughing.

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
Man....I thought they had at least some idea of who the new front man would be, but obviously they don't. Now it's probably gonna take years before they find one, like it took them years before Scott came along 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 01:13:19 PM by Violet »

Offline DemolitionRock77

• Pea Gun Newbie
I really hoped that they would work with people they know or people who are famous. I am sure they still will be, but I certainly hope this will not become another Rock Star Supernova.

Things are not looking up unfortunately

Offline wangmaster

• Gunslinger
  • I Don't Like Mondays.
All i feel from this way of doing things is how badly Scott is laughing.

+1

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
What a load of bollocks.

I just hope the next album (if it ever happens) and singer are good if they want anyone to take them seriously. 

That said, I might audition myself...its always the shit auditionee's who get some publicity  :P

Offline tybaby

• Straight Shooter
that sucks.

I was hoping they wouldn't have to go that route.

Offline dazedandconfused

• Straight Shooter
Its not that bad - i mean, its only like what they did last time, but online. Its only like sending in autition tapes is it not?

It is not a reality tv show (which would be the worst thing that they could do - even worse than picking Bach), its merely facilitating the autitioning process using a computer - saves stuff getting lost in the post, the bandmembers having to fiddle about with audition tapes, writing back via snalil mail etc etc. If it turns into one of those reality tv shows (like Supernova) then I will be the first to criticise them for it. But I don't see what is so embarrasing about doing the whole thing online  :?

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
I don't think it's embaressing, I just hoped they already had some people they were thinking about, instead of having to start from scratch, it'll probably take years now...

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
Remember the auditions before Scott came in  :shock:

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
horrendous auditions they had last time. i was actually offended that people dared to send them to the likes of Slash :lol:

i'll look up the source but a friend of mine told me that even before scott announced the breakup at the Glasgow gig the band was already having second thoughts on him anyway. So i'm not too sure it's scott who's laughing.

like i said i'll check the source; might just be bullshit

Offline Violet

• Sniper Assassin
  • Pretty On The Inside
Remember the auditions before Scott came in  :shock:

I remember Duff saying "Okay!" everytime he had heard enough of the demo and wanted Slash to put in a new cd  :rofl:

Offline user FKA webmoster

• Pea Gun Newbie
horrendous auditions they had last time. i was actually offended that people dared to send them to the likes of Slash :lol:

i'll look up the source but a friend of mine told me that even before scott announced the breakup at the Glasgow gig the band was already having second thoughts on him anyway. So i'm not too sure it's scott who's laughing.

like i said i'll check the source; might just be bullshit

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=29458.0

Offline y2marmar

• Gunslinger
  • "You love it you slags"
Well this sucks. Christ they'll never find one at this rate.

Offline CDLewis

• Straight Shooter
  • NYC
    • hendrixcds.com
To get right to the important bit of that article:

In the meantime, Slash says Velvet Revolver has an upcoming gig in Las Vegas, which was booked before Weiland's departure, that will feature friends of the band taking turns at the microphone.

"I'm not gonna name any names, but a bunch of well-known people will get up and sing some songs, and then also bring up a couple people that we think are pretty good and might sing a couple songs," he says. "So it'd just be for fun."

YES! Anyone have any when/where info on this?

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
I was wondering the same thing!

Offline Ben C

• Target Practice
Man....I thought they had at least some idea of who the new front man would be, but obviously they don't. Now it's probably gonna take years before they find one, like it took them years before Scott came along 

They're a lot more well known now than they were back then, so i doubt it will take them anywhere near as long as last time to find a new singer...

Offline my3sons

• Sniper Assassin
I think that Vegas gig sounds like it could be cool...like Slash said, just for fun.  I would go in a heartbeat if the circumstances made it at all possible.

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
Fuck, its like there going backwards now....Im starting to feel like they will never replace Scott...which hurts :(

Offline The Action Girls

• Sniper Assassin
  • So I Quit
Great, how long will it be till VH1 gets a hold of this and books it on their Sunday night line-up next to "Flavor Of Love"? Jesus christ, don't make it public, just have them audition the old fashion way. This is ridiculous.

Offline simba317

• Sniper Assassin
  • I heart Slash, Romyness and me twin!
    • My deviantArt Account
Stripper Girl '08. Oh Joy.

~simba_317

Offline Rock_Fan

• Gunslinger
I thought the guys had a few singers in mind?!?!  :shock:
Anyway I hope the website proves beneficial!!
 :D  :headbanger:

Offline DemolitionRock77

• Pea Gun Newbie
He said that they were already working with someone before. I wonder what came of that.

Offline SlashsSweetchild

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Cool Twin who talked to Slash on the phone!
Stripper Girl '08. Oh Joy.

~simba_317

:lol: Wasn't that the music to Slither? Im So glad they went with "Yeah, hear comes the water, comes to wash away the sins of you and i.." Then..."Yeah...Stripper Girl...Blah..Blah..."

They were working with someone before the UK tour. Obviously it didn't work out. I'm not to worried about it. We got Loaded to preoccupy us 8)