Author Topic: Gibson Robot Guitar that Tunes itself.  (Read 4173 times)

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/guitar.html

Saw this on a morning show this morning found it pretty interesting...

It tunes itself with one switch..

not bad...

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
That's cool, I wonder if it just tunes itself into standard?

Offline Human_Tripod

• Sniper Assassin
  • AUS
from what i can gather it can tune into whatever tuning u so desire

Offline KaniSS

• Gunslinger
  • "Yow E, did you tell Sloan I said waddup"
The guy testing it on the program used 2 presets and it was pretty cool...

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
This is slightly old news as they've already put out a second Les Paul model as well as what's currently a limited edition SG model, but there's much more to it than tuning itself.

Human_Tripod is right, there's quite a few tuning presets and if I remember correctly you can store and save some of your own, say if you want a certain open tuning.

Offline maxxoccupancy

• Sniper Assassin
  • VF::fav::band
    • New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
I just saw the Gibson Robots demoed at the store two days ago.  They really kick ass.  Ever since the new 2.0 robots have come out, the old 1.0's just aren't in demand.  If you're planning on getting a high end guitar like that, anyway, it's certainly worth the extra $1-200 for the 1.0 version.  I don't know that I would pay hundreds of dollars for that, but there you go.

Maybe someone will come out with an electric that is so drive by wire that it doesn't even have strings.  You just touch the fret board with your left hand while IR sensors detect how quickly you're "strumming" with your right hand.  You'd never have to set up, retune, or replace strings.  I doubt that you could get a natural sound out of that, though.