Author Topic: Respect.  (Read 8024 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Main Entry: 1re·spect
Function: noun
Pronunciation: ri-'spekt
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin respectus, literally, act of looking back, from respicere to look back, regard, from re- + specere to look -- more at SPY
1 : a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation <remarks having respect to an earlier plan>
2 : an act of giving particular attention : CONSIDERATION
3 a : high or special regard : ESTEEM b : the quality or state of being esteemed c plural : expressions of respect or deference <paid our respects>

I've seen very little of this on the forum recently.  It's time that everyone takes a step back, a deep breath or whatever it takes but some attitudes are going to change or else you will be removed from the forum.

If a moderator asks you to get back on topic or stop name calling it is the same as if it came from an admin.  We all work together as a team.  They deserve a lot of respect.  No member of the moderation team is paid to come here and babysit adults, which you all are.  Just because you're at a computer it is no different than if you were talking to someone face to face. 

If you need to take the time to reread the guidelines of the forum here is the link - http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=25490.0

The forum is not a playground.  It is a place for adults to post.  Act accordingly.

Offline VR_Rock

• Sniper Assassin
Don't ask for respect, expect it. And if not, go all strict, show your backbone.

Offline wangmaster

• Gunslinger
  • I Don't Like Mondays.
The forum is not a playground.  It is a place for adults to post.  Act accordingly.

EDIT: the 'lady' has a point.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 09:50:33 AM by wangmaster »

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
EDIT: the 'lady' has a point. 

Wow...good move changing that mate.  :lol:

Offline ladymaiden71

• Unloaded
Main Entry: 1re·spect
Function: noun
Pronunciation: ri-'spekt
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin respectus, literally, act of looking back, from respicere to look back, regard, from re- + specere to look -- more at SPY
1 : a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation <remarks having respect to an earlier plan>
2 : an act of giving particular attention : CONSIDERATION
3 a : high or special regard : ESTEEM b : the quality or state of being esteemed c plural : expressions of respect or deference <paid our respects>

I've seen very little of this on the forum recently.  It's time that everyone takes a step back, a deep breath or whatever it takes but some attitudes are going to change or else you will be removed from the forum.

If a moderator asks you to get back on topic or stop name calling it is the same as if it came from an admin.  We all work together as a team.  They deserve a lot of respect.  No member of the moderation team is paid to come here and babysit adults, which you all are.  Just because you're at a computer it is no different than if you were talking to someone face to face. 

If you need to take the time to reread the guidelines of the forum here is the link - http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=25490.0

As this being my first " NEWBIE POST"....Very well said.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
  • Thrashin's My Business And Business Is Good!
People need to respect other peoples opinions! someone just posted "i hate STP"  :?

This forum has lost something since all the stuff that happened recently. its not that ppl have lost respect...its new ppl have come on with no respect at all.  :x

Offline FunnieFaces

• Gunslinger
  • I saw him in person and melted on the sidewalk....
People need to respect other peoples opinions! someone just posted "i hate STP"  :?

This forum has lost something since all the stuff that happened recently. its not that ppl have lost respect...its new ppl have come on with no respect at all.  :x

it lost its unity..Now it seems to have calmed down alittle..

Offline xx-Alice-xx

• Straight Shooter

It lost something a loong time ago...

*sings* R-E-S-P-E-C-T ... Find out what it means to meee... 8)

Offline Iceberg Slim

• Gunslinger
  • The Earth is full-Go home!
I agree. Treat other people as you'd like to be treated. Luckily you still have the most respectful member - IcebergSlim.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
*sings* R-E-S-P-E-C-T ... Find out what it means to meee... 8)

That's what I was thinking...

Offline VelvetRevolver27

• Sniper Assassin
  • Where do we go now???

I don't see why all these anti- whatever people even waste there time filling out the application to join this forum... We all got along just peachy before these people starting coming :o Yeah, there were some points of disagreement but not like this...

Offline Quickmama

• Straight Shooter
I totally agree. This forum was started #1 for Velvet Revolver Fans. If you want to get into name calling and disrespecting VR and/or any member of VR, please do it somewhere else. We are adults and adults do not act that way. You know, life is hard enough and I can only imagine the challenges that Velvet Revolver is facing. I love Velvet Revolver and if Scott or any band member chooses to leave, that is their right and we must respect it. I do want to thank the band for the two wonderful concerts I had the privilege of seeing with my daughter. Rock N Roll Forever. I believe that it will prevail. I need Rock N Roll in my life, it gets me through the day. I do love Slash, Duff and Matt from the old GNR. I personally will hope that these three see things through and hang in there. Dave you too, you've been a great asset to the band. I am a true Fan. I can't help but be a die hard Slash fan and I always will be. Just remember, the really true fans are here for your support and we love you. Your talents and your devotion you have given us the past five years are so much that it's hard to find the words to describe how much I appreciate what you have given us. I RESPECT you all and I only hope you can find some way to continue to make our lives a bit better with your music and your talent. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! May things work out for the best, I'll be listening and I hope I do get the chance to see you play again!!! Slash, you are the reason my little girl plays electric guitar and I thank you for that. You have been a true inspiration to her. I couldn't be more proud because she loves hard rock and she's practicing and playing better every day! My love to you all! And I don't care if any of this sounds "corny" to you. I mean it. VR is great!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:02:22 PM by Quickmama »