Author Topic: how was your meet and greet???  (Read 13921 times)

Offline julietud

• Pea Gun Newbie
i did my meet and greet in wolverhampton last saturday and had a fantastic time. the guys were lovely apart from slash who was quiet and a little grumpy, but with everything that is going on who can blame him.

anyone want to share their stories??? :shock:

Offline thellamasrevenge

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • Me Myspace
I'll just copy and paste mine from my myspace bit of a short story hehe plus a bit of what happend after the gig.

So Brilliant Day  :)  Got ready etc headed into town with Kirsty and Franc. Fake nails kept snapping which was rather annoying haha anyway. Went to sound control to meet duff who was doing a signing. Recon there must have been at least 200 folk maybe more. Got in got the album covers signed and told him I’d see him in a couple of hours at the meet and greet and he was just like ’ yeah? coool’ but in a nice way haha. So went jumped to weather spoons grabbed munch and kirsty headed home and me and franc headed up to carling for the meet and greet was about 4ish at this time.

Fucked about waiting then the woman who organises the meet and greet came out went down the line of folk ( 58 people in total btw ). Got our packages which consisted of VR guitar picks, a photo of band and out backstage laminate pass thing. Went in and watched the guys for about 20mins/half an hour going the sound check. Went in waited for like 10 mins while the band got ready to come out and sit at the wee table and everyone went down one by one or in pairs if they wished to meet them. So my time came went up, and I had photos from the last Glasgow VR gig. Got them to sign and they were laughing at Daves because of his facial expression. And went to get my picture took with them had my arms on duffs and slash’s shoulders for that don’t have the picture sent to me yet though. Just as I was leaving duff said to me ’ I met you earlier didn’t I?’ which was quite cool haha. Then went to wait till everyone else had been but I realised I’d forgotten to show them my VR tattoo on my calf.

So I was like gaahh fuck and was feeling brave so went to ask to woman who organises the  M&G if I could show them and she said ill let you show them from here but I wont send you up. And she asked to see my tattoo but the roadie saw me show her it and told me to come over to him. So went over and he asked me if I wanted them to sign it, so I thought ayee why not haha. So sat and had a banter with 2 of the roadies while everyone else got there turn. Went up at the end and the roadie said that I was wanting my tattoo signed. Matt asked where it was so pulled up me jeans, and Matt bent down and signed it. Walked round the back of the table and lifted my leg up for duff to sign it. Slash was next. went to lift my leg up again only I wobbled a bit (terrible balance)and he held my leg and said ’ It’s alright I’ve got you’ while he signed it. I can’t remember if it was him or duff that said it was a really nice tattoo. Anyway so then went to Dave for him to sign.

Thought fuck it imp here may as well milk it for what I can and asked Dave for a hug, got a Dave hug. At this point noticed most of the folk from meet and greet were getting sent back out haha) went to matt asked him for a hug and he said yeah and got a hug. Duff stood up and I said his name he turned round asked for a hug, he said nothing just walked towards me and gave me this big bear hug and squeezed me lol. Than I went to go to slash but he moved like 5 foot away to talk to a roadie and duff obv saw me go to ask but he moved and told me ’ just go grab his ass go, go feel his ass’ and I just kind of laughed and was like ’ I’m not going that ’ and he said to slash, that girl wants to know if you’ll give her a hug. He turned to see who he was on about and smiled and went yeahh sure and gave me a big hug (different to duffs bear hug) and kissed me on the head, complete with *mwah* sound. So just as I was walking away I herd the roadie say ’ byeee Diane’ and I waved so was cool. But does not end there unfortunate readers haha. All the meet and greet folk got in before the rest of the crowd so I was at the barrier at slash’s side.

Great gig bar Scott saying this is the last VR tour. Anyway got outside found frazeerrrr who was waiting in the cold for us. Went to wait to see if the guys came out matt came out first don’t think he signed anything then duff then slash. There was this screaming psycho girl next to me screaming and near enough crying at him, she asked him for a hug to which he replied ’ ahhh no no not doing hugs’ which was cool coz I already had my hug haha and without me saying anything to him he looked at me, smiled and said ’ up against the barrier again I see’ and I just went yeaah and he said ’ yeah I saw you at the front for the whole show. So I was a happy camper I was remember by both duff and slash haha and I put my hand out and touched his arm to ask him if I could get a picture took with him and he took my hand and held it for like only 3 or 4 seconds but it was still pretty cool haha. Anyway I asked him if I could get a quick picture but he was like ’ I can’t there no way we could do it’ now he had his shades on but I could defiantly see him glancing towards the crazy girl crying and screaming at him beside me lol so I’m blaming her but he was dead nice to me and I was the last person he spoke to while he was walking back to the bus :) so good day lol bar the breaking up part :( but still what can you dooo. Also got slash’s and duff’s signatures tattooed next to my VR tat. Didn’t get Matt’s Or Dave’s. Not because I’m heartless haha as much as I love them both they don’t mean as much to me and slash and duff do so didn’t get there names imprinted on me for the rest of my life. Just hope I get to meet them again someday sooooon.

Edit : Forgot to add when he was outside after the gig after saying he’d seen me at the barrier i went to take a photo of him but had my double flash on instead of single flashed him in the eye he turned round looking confused to see where it had come from and i looked a bit guitly and went sorrreeee and he just smiled and laughed, Not important but it must be added :)

Offline SnakeEyes

• Sniper Assassin
Wow you had a great time.  :D

I met Duff that day at soundcontrol, he is huge! What a great guy though, you were right, like 200 people there and he stopped and talked to me for a few minutes, took a pic, signed stuff. Coolest guy I've ever met! Just got Slash, Izzy, Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee to meet now lol.

Offline julietud

• Pea Gun Newbie
what a fucking amazing tale. im gonna have to look for my fellow vr nut on myspace!!!!

Offline thellamasrevenge

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • Me Myspace
hahahah I was incredibly lucky. I did milk it for all I could tho haha. Wish it was last week again so :( gutted it's all over. Let's just hope that what Slash said is true and this isn't the last VR tour  :)

Offline wangmaster

• Gunslinger
  • I Don't Like Mondays.
dude, thats actually immense.

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie
i have to say, my meet and greet was also imense.
As llamas, i started my day off at sound control for the duff instore. While there i got him to sign my live like a suicide, believe in me and also a t shirt i bought at his solo glasgow show in 1993. His touring band at the time had all signed it previously, so when i presented it, he was well shocked. Said he wished he had kept stuff from back in the day, and was unsure if he even had a copy. We chatted for a bit, then got a photo taken. While i was waiting in the que tho, i saw mcbob his tech and asked if he had any of duffs guitar pics. He then gave me one. Also got my g/f to get my appetite signed. Great start.

Went to solid rock to meet some mates. After a few beers, left for the meet and greet. As i was standing at the traffic lights, i couldnt believe tha\t accross the road was slash. I darted over, and had a quick chat, told him i would be at the m&g later, but as i heard they didnt always sign loads, i got him to sign live like a suicide, before leaving him to do what he had to.

Meet and greet, same one as llama.

went to the table, got contraband signed by the 4 of them. Gave slash a jd plectrum shaped key ring. Asked if any of them had a plectrum i could get. Explained the ones in the pack were not great, and not like theres, dave gave me one of his. Slash said he would try and hook me up with one later if he could.

After my photo, moved on and just hung around. At this i started to speaking to road crew. Asked about guitar picks and he gave me 4 of slash's. 2 purple and 2 black. Well chuffed.

At the end as everyone was leaving, i went back to the table, and had a bit more chat, cheekily asked for other stuff signed, they all obliged, although duff was like, fuck sake man, he was laughing tho, and when i said, i thought its fucking rock n roll duff, he repeated it in a piss take accent(which was terrible by the way). Said bye and that was it.

Cant complain at that.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
My meet n greet was pretty cool although Slash didnt say much, I had it confirmed by Duff though that i do have one of his actual guitars, he seemed puzzled though where i got it from!! Dave asked me how much i paid for it and when i told him Duff said it was less than he paid for it at which point he turned to Matt and said, " See i told you i de-value shit!!". :lol:

Offline Slashba

• Gunslinger
Wow, what great stories. Glad the guys made your time so memorable! :beer:

Offline Beast-from-Snakepit

• Gunslinger
  • Slashoholic and proud of it

went to the table, got contraband signed by the 4 of them. Gave slash a jd plectrum shaped key ring. Asked if any of them had a plectrum i could get. Explained the ones in the pack were not great, and not like theres, dave gave me one of his. Slash said he would try and hook me up with one later if he could.

dave had his guitar pick with him at the table? thats great.. i will ask them too...the road crw walks around there too? i want a slash guitar pick :-)

great storys! i hope my meet and greet will be great,too.only two days and thirteen hours left

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
cool experiences everyone has had.
I'm still waiting for Kathy and Klaira's story  :P

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie

dave had his guitar pick with him at the table? thats great.. i will ask them too...the road crw walks around there too? i want a slash guitar pick :-)

great storys! i hope my meet and greet will be great,too.only two days and thirteen hours left

yes, road crew were kicking around. The band had just done a soundcheck, and they were all gonna have some food. I got lucky with the guy i stopped. He was slash's tech. Its not adam anymore by the way. He was telling me that slash is really cool to work with, and what you see is what u get etc. Also told me about other bands he tech'd for.

Dave did have one in his pocket, so just ask the guys, you never know your luck

Hope you get one.

• Gunslinger
thanks i hope i can talk to them! do they wear special tshirts so i can see who the guitar tech is?

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie
thanks i hope i can talk to them! do they wear special tshirts so i can see who the guitar tech is?

nah, they just mill around, there is a you tube feature showing slash and his tech arriving in glasgow tho, dont have a link, but you should try find it, then u will no who he is.

• Gunslinger

nah, they just mill around, there is a you tube feature showing slash and his tech arriving in glasgow tho, dont have a link, but you should try find it, then u will no who he is.

is that the video youre talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxJSqKW-ho

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie

yes, the guy with the shaved head is who you want to speak to, walks in just before slash

Offline rhyte

• Sniper Assassin
  • SL-U-VE-T, Bish.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh. WHO is this guy (tech)? Don't say the tech either. Where is ADAM?????

Offline Limberly

• Staff
Yeah, since when did Adam Day leave?  He was still there up until a couple months ago.   

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie
adam day has left. i was surprised to find this out, but its true. After 20 years it was time for him to move on apparently.

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
I thought Adam had just had his hair cut

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie
nope, when i asked the guy about guitar pics, and he said, you have come to the right man, im slash's tech, i said, oh, so your adam. he said nope, adam left. This guy now has also teched with stone sour if anyone cares

Offline Mr Joshua

• Gunslinger
  • Rock n Roll Baby
That's a shock, Adam has been with Slash for ages, when did this happen??

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie

• Gunslinger
the guy in the video is the one who has slashs picks?

Offline ckgent

• Pea Gun Newbie