Author Topic: After The Gig..... Do They.....?  (Read 9156 times)

Offline Cjc1706

• Straight Shooter
    • Suicide Blonde
Hey,

Just wondering, i remember after the manchester apollo gig last time around, a couple of the guys came out afterwards and signed some stuff.

Im just wondering if this is a regular occurance ? As im going to leeds uni gig and want to get my libertad cover signed :)

Cheers

CJ

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Yay! Another person going to Leeds.

I don't know about the Leeds Uni Gig, I haven't been to a gig there before.  From past experience, Matt is usually the one who does alot of the fan stuff afterwards...I suppose you'll get a better idea when you get there, seeing the venue and where the ''back door'' is etc.

Have fun there!

Offline Cjc1706

• Straight Shooter
    • Suicide Blonde
yeah.... well i go to leeds uni as a student ... and thers so many doors to that place ... as its in the main student union ....

im gonna have to do some more detective work and see which doors are most likely to be used hmmmm :/

CJ

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
the only reason slash didnt come out in manchester was because all his family were there....he did peak his head around but there was too many people waiting.matt will allways come out for sure

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
Yeah you might be waiting a while but they usually do come out and sign stuff.

Being a student there might make it easier to find out which door they'll be using. See if you can find out which ones bands normally use or if there's one that's more logical than any of the others - like one that leads straight to a big car park or something.
If nothing else check it out on the night and see which one the crew are using.

Offline Dufferslash_4evah

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
well from my experience.. which is in california.. we waited at least 2 hours for them to come  out and sign things. but it can vary.   the night i waited 2 hours, there were many people that either worked for the venu or the band that kept telling us that they had already left bc they wanted us to leave but we stuck it out and Duff slash and dave finally came out. 

Dont count on seeing Scott though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:02:49 AM by Dufferslash_4evah »

Offline X?X

• Sniper Assassin
was that at the wiltern by anychance?

Offline Ruhie

• Sniper Assassin
  • use and confuse them, they're numb and naive
im gonna have to do some more detective work and see which doors are most likely to be used hmmmm :/

do let us know  :P as i wont have a M&G at this rate!

Offline Cjc1706

• Straight Shooter
    • Suicide Blonde
well i managed to get to meet the guys afterwards ...

slash, scott, dave and duff all signed my libertad album cover for me :).... also dave signed one of his picks that i caught too lol

fantastic gig ...

i can post pics of the signed stuff if u want i guess :)

CJ

Offline Dufferslash_4evah

• Sniper Assassin
  • DON'T YA KNOW BIG BOY?
was that at the wiltern by anychance?

no this was at the anaheim pond.  i live about an hour away from that and we didnt get out of there til about 145 am and that was right after the guys signed stuff.    but when i saw them at the oc fair  in'06   they came out like about an hour after the show  but only dave signed stuff then.

Offline bell0571

• Pea Gun Newbie
When they 1st played Glasgow Carling academy the date escapes me we managed to see the guys come in on the bus and into sound check about 3ish.

Then a few hours later Matt came out and chatted and signed stuff...  :D :D

I dunno if now they do the meet and greets wether that will have a knock on effect to them coming out. I hope not.....

And unfortunately we couldn't hang around at the carling so I'm not sure if they did come out and spend time with the fans that had hung around......

Offline slashthe2nd

• Target Practice
  • ..I don't even give a F@*#
Put it this way......what goes in......must  come out!!

Find out where the back door is(although by the time you read this you might have already been to the gig) and make a point of waiting there from anything up to 4hours+ after the gig....i done this at the SECC and at around half 4 in the morning Axlr Rose the man himself came out and came over to us signed some stuff and we all took his picture....im leaving for the Glasgow gig in less than an hour so i fully intend to do the same tonight!!!! 

RnMFnR

Offline julietud

• Pea Gun Newbie
let us know how you get on, im hoping to hang about after wolves gig  :D

Offline bell0571

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hi i was at Glasgow yesterday and what a assume gig.

Duff did a signing at a local guitar shop and can i say what an incredably lovely guy he is.

We were told by security we could only say hi and get one thing signed. Bollocks Duff had posters ready but he willingly signed what ever you had he also made sure if you wanted a photo with him it was no problem. Nothing was to much bother for him and i also got to squeeze his incredibly pert and tight bum. Sorry couldn't resist.

After the gig we hung about for an hr and a half once again Duff came out as did Matt. Again both very very accommodating Scott made a dash for his bus and didn't stop to sign but a few persuade his minder to take there CD cover in and he signed about three.

So regardless of what security say and you got the time hang about it might be worth it

Best of luck

Offline Mer

• Pea Gun Newbie
Matt and Slash did at the brighton gig. I think Duff was exhausted from the signing earlier though...and Scott...well...he'd dashed off straight from the stage! but heres a few pics from after the gig.

Offline Ladyhudson

• Sniper Assassin
  • Lord of my dreams!
OMG! What a good shots Mer!
Love them all!
Thank you so much for share!

Offline Mer

• Pea Gun Newbie
You're welcome. I was just dead chuffed to get to meet the guy who made me want to play guitar!!!!! he loses points for that hat though! hehe.
Do we ever see him without a hat nowadays? i was convinced his hair wasn't real upclose and could have been one of those wig hats! lol

anyway..glad i can share them with people who appreciate them  :D

Offline The Showstopper

• Gunslinger
  • Go flippy go!

Do we ever see him without a hat nowadays?

I think he's thinning out on top, hence you always see him with a hat on.

Offline Mer

• Pea Gun Newbie

Do we ever see him without a hat nowadays?

I think he's thinning out on top, hence you always see him with a hat on.

I thought as much!